Author Topic: Heat (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) ECF Game #2 9/17/20  (Read 63851 times)

Re: Heat (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) ECF Game #2 9/17/20
« Reply #1155 on: September 18, 2020, 02:40:27 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Draymond Green
@Money23Green
 · 2h
Boston need to go with Grant Williams at the 5. Put JB on Herro. Switch the pick and roll, that will take away the Bam dive.

I agree. Cant believe Brad had to bring back Theis. Dragic had his way with him (switches)
Can't believe I find myself agreeing with Draymond Green, but I was yelling for this from 2Q onwards.

Grant allows us to switch a lot more aggressively, and is every bit as strong as Theis.

That's a very good point and Grant stretches the floor on the other end due to his corner 3s. Draymond is on to something.
Amen, Grant is a scorching hot 9/14 from 3 in the playoffs (64%). Theis is 4/23 (17%). Bit of a difference there! Not to mention Grant putting up awesome offensive and defensive BPM numbers for a guy of his ability
His RAPM numbers look fantastic in this playoff run lol. Go Grant!
Someone needs to tell Brad!!! Forcefeed the big boy minutes
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1156 on: September 18, 2020, 02:41:05 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Was about to hop on here to say Grant gave us by far the best minutes tonight at the 5, +/- seems to agree with me
Random aside, but your username is a great throwback. TP

« Reply #1157 on: September 18, 2020, 02:50:20 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
Simple but effective...put shooters on the corners so no weakside help and just throw up lobs all day

https://twitter.com/stevejones20/status/1306758160015921153?s=20
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #1158 on: September 18, 2020, 04:04:10 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1306774772156596225

Brad Stevens: "This isn't about zones and defenses or offenses. We just need to be better."

Uh, no, Brad, it's absolutely about the zone and has been the last two series. You just don't want it to be because you're incapable of figuring it out.

LOL, Stevens is completely out to lunch if he believes what he said there. Not about zones? IT'S ALL ABOUT ZONES! And the fact that Brad doesn't know how to counteract them.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1159 on: September 18, 2020, 07:58:58 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
The story of the game last night was we had 20 turnovers (Kemba 5, Tatum 5, Smart 4), too many, and then at the end, Butler and Dragic made big plays.  I thought it was encouraging that our bench played better and of course Kemba was better.

I am not too critical of the big rotation as many have been harping on.  Theis is our best big by far if you look at the entire playoffs.  GWilliams can pitch in, great, so can RWilliams.  Even Kanter made a contribution.  There just is not much to work with there, we are mixing and matching as best we can.

My Xs and Os thing is about attacking the zone.  The 2-3 zone is the perfect defense against a perimeter oriented team that has no inside game.  There was a short stretch where they were attacking it with Marcus Smart moving to the high post at the foul line.  This is a soft spot in the zone.  Forces them to collapse and give Marcus a chance to shoot, drive, or kick back out but this gives some space to the perimeter.  They did this for a few possessions but then went away from it.

Normally, it would be a big that you put to the high post but none of ours are skilled enough.  I think we should even try Kemba in that.  He is deadly on that little mid range  from there and he can also dribble drive or kick.

« Reply #1160 on: September 18, 2020, 08:20:31 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
The story of the game last night was we had 20 turnovers (Kemba 5, Tatum 5, Smart 4), too many, and then at the end, Butler and Dragic made big plays.  I thought it was encouraging that our bench played better and of course Kemba was better.

I am not too critical of the big rotation as many have been harping on.  Theis is our best big by far if you look at the entire playoffs.  GWilliams can pitch in, great, so can RWilliams.  Even Kanter made a contribution.  There just is not much to work with there, we are mixing and matching as best we can.

My Xs and Os thing is about attacking the zone.  The 2-3 zone is the perfect defense against a perimeter oriented team that has no inside game.  There was a short stretch where they were attacking it with Marcus Smart moving to the high post at the foul line.  This is a soft spot in the zone.  Forces them to collapse and give Marcus a chance to shoot, drive, or kick back out but this gives some space to the perimeter.  They did this for a few possessions but then went away from it.

Normally, it would be a big that you put to the high post but none of ours are skilled enough.  I think we should even try Kemba in that.  He is deadly on that little mid range  from there and he can also dribble drive or kick.
I don’t think I ever seen such bad passing, even in the 4th.
Very disappointing. Just careless- nothing else.

« Reply #1161 on: September 18, 2020, 08:43:10 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
we are missing gordon Hayward who can handle the ball, make plays and attack the zone.

« Reply #1162 on: September 18, 2020, 08:53:03 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

C's lack the good passer/shooter to put in that spot when Hayward is unavailable.  Kemba's size surrounded by several bigger players hampers his passing, Smart is a solid shooter from the FT line and a good passer but not enough of a scoring threat to collapse the defense effectively, Jaylen/Jayson don't have the passing acumen to hurt the defense even though they'd be deadly scorers from the middle of the zone.  Hayward brings that combination of deadly scoring and passing from that spot to make a defense pay.

« Reply #1163 on: September 18, 2020, 09:03:54 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
It’s embarrassing how bad the zone is killing us. C’s made a run when the Heat played man and that’s because of how better our players are, individually. C’s looked so tentative playing against the zone.

When your team is confused and discombobulated, that means they’re not ready! They’re not prepared! Disgusting loss
- LilRip

« Reply #1164 on: September 18, 2020, 09:25:44 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Jimmy butler 14 points

Lol

« Reply #1165 on: September 18, 2020, 11:02:35 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Celts have lost their last 5 "home" games an are undefeated on "the road" in the playoffs.  Maybe just rip the shamrock off the floor?  Weird.
Yup

« Reply #1166 on: September 18, 2020, 11:04:40 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I hated the last 2+ minutes of the first half, but had convinced myself it was just a blip.  Nope.  As soon as this team senses comfort they start losing their noodle.
Yup

« Reply #1167 on: September 18, 2020, 11:46:11 PM »

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
The NBA has an agenda and it is as follows:

Crown the Lakers champions now that Kobe has passed. Not to mention James is involved and all things in the NBA must pass through him.

A Miami LA final would please the NBA. PR against his old team.

As far as the Celtics:
BS has no balls. He is good with x's and o's and no more. He doesn't have the ability to light a fire under his team.
Hayward would have been the difference in this series but he is injury prone and soft and butter.

So that's it for this year. A 44 win team in Miami is going to face the Lakers in the Finals. Maybe next year.
Hahahaha, this whole conspiracy theory makes no sense. It would be so much better for ratings if it was LBJ and the Lakers vs his old rival, and the Lakers' old rival in Boston.

Agreed that if there were a conspiracy theory for the NBA it would fit more for a Laker Celtic final

A Celtic/Laker final has been done many times before. How many times has a Lakers vs their former coach been done?

« Reply #1168 on: September 18, 2020, 11:48:52 PM »

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23

Crown the Lakers champions now that Kobe has passed. Not to mention James is involved and all things in the NBA must pass through him.

As far as the Celtics:
BS has no balls. He is good with x's and o's and no more. He doesn't have the ability to light a fire under his team.
Hayward would have been the difference in this series but he is injury prone and soft and butter.

So that's it for this year. A 44 win team in Miami is going to face the Lakers in the Finals. Maybe next year.
Hahahaha, this whole conspiracy theory makes no sense. It would be so much better for ratings if it was LBJ and the Lakers vs his old rival, and the Lakers' old rival in Boston.

Laugh all you want. Celtics/Lakers was an 80's thing. Celtics vs James has been done before too. It's time for some fresh ratings. Lakers vs their former coach. And everybody wants to see James talk about Kobe and how they won it for him when they win it this year.

« Reply #1169 on: September 19, 2020, 01:19:43 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

As far as the Celtics:

Laugh all you want. Celtics/Lakers was an 80's thing. Celtics vs James has been done before too. It's time for some fresh ratings. Lakers vs their former coach. And everybody wants to see James talk about Kobe and how they won it for him when they win it this year.
Except for the fact that the Lakers and the Celtics have met in two Finals series' in the last 12 years, splitting them. The Lakers v Pat Riley heat was at its prime in the mid-2000s with Shaq, it's literally not even a storyline at all now.

Not even comparable. There is nothing to support your claims