Author Topic: Cavaliers (8-7) at Celtics (8-6) Game #15 1/24/21  (Read 19057 times)

Re: Cavaliers (8-7) at Celtics (8-6) Game #15 1/24/21
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2021, 09:43:38 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
why is tatum still out? thought he would be back by now.

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2021, 09:44:16 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Gotta win this one, right??
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2021, 10:02:20 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
These guys just beat the Nets two games in a row so I'm not taking this game lightly.

Cleveland won't be a playoff team, but they're not a pushover like last season.
Better coached and that backcourt Sexton/Garland can really score.

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2021, 11:16:33 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
We need this game to get back on track. Jaylen can't do it alone. Kemba we need more And Tristan when are you going to start giving us double doubles?

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2021, 11:22:27 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Cavs add couple more pieces next season, they be pretty good team..Sexton, Garland, Nance, Allen, Prince, Osman, & Okoro.. Love probably still be there and if they resign Drummond, be a good team
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2021, 11:29:48 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. He's been cleared from covid protocols for a while now, and they say he's rebuilding his conditioning. To me that's a bit worrisome. How bad can his conditioning be, it's not like he missed a month of action. Hopefully he doesn't have some lingering effects of covid. There have been studies showing that 30% of college football players who had covid, even with mild or no symptoms, had cardiac scarring. Hopefully this is not Tatum's case and the Celtics are just being extra cautious, but I'm really tired of seeing them start Theis and TT or Grant Williams.

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2021, 12:44:06 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Cavs add couple more pieces next season, they be pretty good team..Sexton, Garland, Nance, Allen, Prince, Osman, & Okoro.. Love probably still be there and if they resign Drummond, be a good team
They need to dump Drummond. He’s like their worst big man. Nance/Allen is their big man duo of the future. The Cavs have a nice young nucleus.

As far as this game goes, the Cavs are on a heater. Not liking the Cs odds if they get similar production from bench. Can’t really on JB to score 40 a night.

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2021, 01:21:03 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. He's been cleared from covid protocols for a while now, and they say he's rebuilding his conditioning. To me that's a bit worrisome. How bad can his conditioning be, it's not like he missed a month of action. Hopefully he doesn't have some lingering effects of covid. There have been studies showing that 30% of college football players who had covid, even with mild or no symptoms, had cardiac scarring. Hopefully this is not Tatum's case and the Celtics are just being extra cautious, but I'm really tired of seeing them start Theis and TT or Grant Williams.

I am hoping it is just them being extra cautious, like with Kemba, with the eyes towards the playoffs. 

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2021, 02:11:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Seeing my 26 year old, extremely athletic and in unreal physical shape, son take almost a full month to fully recover from Covid, and suffer for a bit to get his lungs back to normal even after that, Tatum not being ready day one after clearing the protocols, doesn't surprise me.

If Tatum had even minor symptoms, it could hurt his conditioning quite a bit. Best to ease him back.

I had a more than moderate case, and have suffered serious after effects for months.

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2021, 02:56:07 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Was anybody watching R Williams play against Philly?

That's why Tatum is still out.

Williams was sluggish and easily winded, especially in the second half.  And Tatum has a much larger role on this team than Williams does. 

The quarantine protocol is just about protecting other people from contracting the virus.  It has nothing to do with whether a player is actually healthy and ready/able to play in a game. 

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2021, 03:51:22 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I thought Tatum was asymptomatic? Wasn’t that the report?

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2021, 05:17:20 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Seeing my 26 year old, extremely athletic and in unreal physical shape, son take almost a full month to fully recover from Covid, and suffer for a bit to get his lungs back to normal even after that, Tatum not being ready day one after clearing the protocols, doesn't surprise me.

If Tatum had even minor symptoms, it could hurt his conditioning quite a bit. Best to ease him back.

I had a more than moderate case, and have suffered serious after effects for months.

That's tough to hear, and very good to know. Thank you for sharing that info, and I hope you and your son fully recover soon.

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2021, 07:10:42 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Let’s go C’s?

But, ugh, why are we back to this awful two big lineup, especially with no Love?

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2021, 07:11:06 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
I thought Tatum was asymptomatic? Wasn’t that the report?

He is, but not having external symptoms doesn't mean your body might not be taking a beating from it on the inside. They probably want to be very careful with him especially since the long term effects of Covid still aren't well understood.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2021, 07:11:40 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
I see we have our fail Kardashian Theis lineup to start the game again...Brad must be really worried about the Cavs' size.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D