Author Topic: 1 game overreaction to the focus on brown?  (Read 2679 times)

1 game overreaction to the focus on brown?
« on: December 08, 2018, 10:20:50 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I understand they wanted to get brown off and going in the last game against the knicks, but did it seem to anyone else that they were "showcasing" brown more than anything?

just found it a lil odd we went from cramming hayward's possessions down our throat to him barely taking a shot and having plays run for brown instead.

seemed a lil forced imo, even rozier to a certain extent in that last game.

Re: 1 game overreaction to the focus on brown?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 10:30:13 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I don’t think it was that.  Hayward has the playmaking role with that second unit, and a lot of Brown’s baskets came off of Hayward’s initial play.

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 10:33:34 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I don’t think the team was showcasing brown.  I think he basically decided he was going to be aggressive and it worked.  Let’s see if he can sustain it over a long period.  I have my doubts mostly because he isn’t the best at getting to the rim and finishing, and his decision making isn’t the best when he’s trapped. 

But it was far better than it has been so I’ll take it.

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 10:41:49 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Paranoia?

Or heightened awareness?

Actually I’m just glad JB is looking like his old self. Love his game when he plays like that.

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 10:51:47 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Paranoia?

Or heightened awareness?

Actually I’m just glad JB is looking like his old self. Love his game when he plays like that.

Me too.  Drive drive drive....

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 11:02:13 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Smart should drive more as well.

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 11:20:52 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I think Brown heard the rumblings. If he played as well as he did against the Knicks most of the time, nobody would have a complaint.

IMO he plays better with Hayward than Kyrie and with that second unit. He plays better with fewer scoring options on the floor at the same time. It's a perfect place for him to be aggressive. 

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 11:26:18 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
I think Brown heard the rumblings. If he played as well as he did against the Knicks most of the time, nobody would have a complaint.

IMO he plays better with Hayward than Kyrie and with that second unit. He plays better with fewer scoring options on the floor at the same time. It's a perfect place for him to be aggressive.

pretty much this, I think thats whats worked for hayward as well. Without having to defer to Kyrie, Tatum, Horford hes decided to look for his shots more.

It doesnt give other teams rest either because as those top guys sit you have a lineup of Rozier/Brown/Hayward on the floor. And that is going to kill alot of benches.

question is if this lineup works, in the playoffs does Brad go to the more talented starting lineup? or one with Hayward/Brown on the bench

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 01:38:02 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1375
Hayward's just an unselfish player. He will pass the ball even if he has a decent shot if someone else has a better one. In that case, and tonight, Brown had the hot hand.

Hayward's not worried about some dude on a forum tracking his double digit games obviously  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 01:44:15 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Hayward's just an unselfish player. He will pass the ball even if he has a decent shot if someone else has a better one. In that case, and tonight, Brown had the hot hand.

Hayward's not worried about some dude on a forum tracking his double digit games obviously  :laugh:
gotta love that unselfishness   

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 02:13:11 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
you don't say  :P :D

he should have been on the bench to avoid injury, like Kyrie vs. NYK ;)

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2018, 04:57:24 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
Smart should drive more as well.

I like Smarts passing even if it’s just on the perimeter. The ball doesn’t stick in his hands
- LilRip

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2018, 05:21:31 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
As i expected, Brown/Rozier actually mesh with Hayward pretty, both can't really create their own shot but are dangerous when open, and Hayward's best skill is playmaking, it's like give two big guns to a great gunner.

Happy for Brown to thrive from the bench, hope he can keep this up, and he still need to work alot on team defence

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2018, 06:53:39 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I think the time off he had was really good for him. He started the season looking lost like he didn't understand what his role on offense was.  He began improving but he still looked frustrated and was forcing things.  He was hanging his head quite frequently.  I think that break may have helped him clear his head.  He looks more confident and is picking the right times to drive to the hoop and cut to the basket.

If he can continue being aggressive, driving and cutting, and knowing the right times to do so, he's going to make this offense play so much better.

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2018, 07:08:35 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
There really isn't much to read into, other than the fact that the entire team is feeling more confident and playing with a true sense of purpose.  I believe Jaylen was somewhat relieved to see the team find it's groove while he was out of the lineup.  This allowed him to return without the mounting pressure of a disappointing start.