Author Topic: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)  (Read 366992 times)

Re: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)
« Reply #1125 on: October 25, 2018, 07:35:27 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Becoming abundantly clear the Sixers blew it by not including Fultz and acting quickly on acquiring Leonard.  Leonard looks awesome and has Toronto rolling while the Sixers are puttering along.

If Philly really could've gotten Leonard by including Fultz (I know there were reports) they definitely blew it, especially after PG13 signed in OKC.  If you believe in Fultz, I think Fultz-Saric is more compelling than DeRozan-Poetl.  I don't really think a ton of RC at 16m a year.
I can't imagine Spurs buying a cat in a sack.
0%
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #1126 on: October 25, 2018, 07:36:04 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Becoming abundantly clear the Sixers blew it by not including Fultz and acting quickly on acquiring Leonard.  Leonard looks awesome and has Toronto rolling while the Sixers are puttering along.

If Philly really could've gotten Leonard by including Fultz (I know there were reports) they definitely blew it, especially after PG13 signed in OKC.  If you believe in Fultz, I think Fultz-Saric is more compelling than DeRozan-Poetl.  I don't really think a ton of RC at 16m a year.
0%
Especially with Pop at the end of his career
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1127 on: October 25, 2018, 07:43:05 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

0%

I think you're underrating the cat a bit here.
Yup

« Reply #1128 on: October 25, 2018, 07:57:21 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I doubt Fultz could have got them Leonard, folks, he is not that good.   More hype than player there.

« Reply #1129 on: October 25, 2018, 08:06:40 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I doubt Fultz could have got them Leonard, folks, he is not that good.   More hype than player there.

Yeah I highly doubt it as well especially with Pop at the end of his career, but if he was in fact the missing link in a potential deal, it looks like a gigantic mistake by Philly at this juncture.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #1130 on: October 25, 2018, 08:41:34 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

0%
Covington, Saric, and Fultz is a pretty decent offer.  And those were the reports.  The Raptors only moved in when Philly wouldn't include Fultz, Boston wouldn't include Brown or Tatum, and Lakers wouldn't include Ingram.  Obviously it depends on what the Spurs thought of Fultz, but Covington and Saric are certainly plug and play type players that would have fit very well into Pop's system.  They aren't as good as DeRozan of course, but they are much better than Poeltl and the Spurs could have used the extra quality depth (and I still think Saric could be a very solid starter level player).  And clearly Fultz has some mental issues, but maybe Pop could have corrected those and allowed Fultz to live up to his potential much better.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1131 on: October 25, 2018, 10:23:19 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Zach Lowe says Spurs never wanted Fultz. This idea that Philly wouldn't offer Fultz is wrong:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sixerswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/14/sixers-spurs-kawhi-leonard-markelle-fultz-trade-rumors/amp/

“"There is no evidence that the Spurs wanted [Markelle] Fultz. I’ve been told the Spurs never asked for Fultz and actively didn’t want Fultz and in fact wanted one of the two big guys. And if you want one of the two big guys, you say no.” Lowe stated."

« Reply #1132 on: October 25, 2018, 11:29:38 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Zach Lowe says Spurs never wanted Fultz. This idea that Philly wouldn't offer Fultz is wrong:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sixerswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/14/sixers-spurs-kawhi-leonard-markelle-fultz-trade-rumors/amp/

“"There is no evidence that the Spurs wanted [Markelle] Fultz. I’ve been told the Spurs never asked for Fultz and actively didn’t want Fultz and in fact wanted one of the two big guys. And if you want one of the two big guys, you say no.” Lowe stated."
He also said that Philly wasn't going to include him and thus the talks never really got off the ground because the Sixers wouldn't include Fultz, Simmons, or Embiid and no other package was going to be good enough.  The Sixers only ever offered Covington, Saric, and the Miami 1st and that just wasn't a good enough deal for the Spurs to consider (even if the Spurs didn't want Fultz, they could have found a team that did and gotten something else, but that isn't an option if Fultz isn't on the table). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1133 on: October 25, 2018, 11:57:15 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
1)Pop wanted Fultz

2)Sixers lost Kawhi because they refused to include Fultz in the deal

i am confused

« Reply #1134 on: October 25, 2018, 12:26:13 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Well if we are to believe the premise that Philly wouldn't include Fultz in a deal and that is why it didn't happen (clearly there are contradicting reports), then I agree with Moranis that that was a disaster for the 76ers.

With the Bucks appearing to be much improved under bud, and Lopez looking like a very underrated signing. It seems like the best they could be is the 4th best team in the conference right now (although it is not clear if they are better than the pacers either). Simmons will still get better and their should be marginal improvement from Embid and Saric still (although Saric has been awful this season), but I just don't see how they make the leap to compete for a championship without a player leonard or butler added in.

Do they try to rectify this by trading fultz for Butler? May need to be a three way trade cause I doubt Thibs wants Fultz in a make or break year.

« Reply #1135 on: October 25, 2018, 12:38:59 PM »

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
Fultz for Butler? Are you kidding?
Allston, MA --> Enfield Tennis Academy

« Reply #1136 on: October 25, 2018, 12:58:05 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Fultz for Butler? Are you kidding?

Well would have to include other pieces. Which side are you saying it is a bad deal for?

« Reply #1137 on: October 25, 2018, 12:58:57 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
at this point in time, Okafor > Fultz...why would anyone trade anything worthwhile for him right now..unless they are of the megamillions mentality. Spurs wanted nothing to do with him and would imagine he is as far from Thibs wish list as you can be.

« Reply #1138 on: October 25, 2018, 01:02:07 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
at this point in time, Okafor > Fultz...why would anyone trade anything worthwhile for him right now..unless they are of the megamillions mentality. Spurs wanted nothing to do with him and would imagine he is as far from Thibs wish list as you can be.

I disagree with this. His contract is potentially concerning, but he is only 20. A team would still take a swing on him.

« Reply #1139 on: October 25, 2018, 02:11:20 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I disagree with this. His contract is potentially concerning, but he is only 20. A team would still take a swing on him.
I would be surprised. Value wise he is purely a negative. If they moved him it would be a complete dump for maybe a couple of seconds and a player.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)