Author Topic: Celtics 2024 Playoff Run Thread  (Read 17039 times)

Silas and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: Celtics 2024 Playoff Run Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2024, 04:15:37 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1380
Knock on wood for our own health, but the path to the Finals really can't be this easier. Miami without Jimmy Butler or Chicago first round. Then Cleveland or Orlando, great teams but not *that* elite yet. Then probably NY/IND/MIL/PHI although two of those teams are also dealing with key injuries including Giannis and a hobbled Embiid.

It'd be a colossal failure if they don't make the Finals. The only possible excuse I could give is, if god forbid like two of Jaylen/Porzingis/Tatum go down to very serious injury but outside of that, come on now. It's right there for them. Most of the East is on crutches.

You know who's getting fired immediately if they don't make the Finals.

Maybe he will get fired before they make the Finals, just because  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2024, 07:40:21 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 987
Knock on wood for our own health, but the path to the Finals really can't be this easier. Miami without Jimmy Butler or Chicago first round. Then Cleveland or Orlando, great teams but not *that* elite yet. Then probably NY/IND/MIL/PHI although two of those teams are also dealing with key injuries including Giannis and a hobbled Embiid.

It'd be a colossal failure if they don't make the Finals. The only possible excuse I could give is, if god forbid like two of Jaylen/Porzingis/Tatum go down to very serious injury but outside of that, come on now. It's right there for them. Most of the East is on crutches.

Ty Lue?

« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2024, 12:39:48 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3000
  • On To Banner 18!
My guess on minutes distribution most games this postseason:

STARTERS
White - 38 min
Holiday - 36 min
Brown - 40 min
Tatum - 40 min
Porzingis - 32 min

BENCH
Horford - 25 min
Hauser - 20 min
Pritchard - 15 min
Tillman/Kornet - 10 min (depending on matchups, foul trouble, injuries, etc.)

Brissett deployed as needed to eat some minutes or provide hustle. Springer as well maybe on some key defensive possessions if needed.

I think it's a pretty loaded Top-8 with decent enough depth at 9-10 too. Pritchard/Kornet/Tillman at times may be unplayable and at matchup disadvantages but I think they should be fine early in the playoffs. Maybe in later rounds it becomes a more strict 7 or 8-man rotation.

Overall though, there should be absolutely no reason why 2 of Tatum/Brown/White/Porzingis aren't there at ALL times. Rotate guys in and out but at least 2 of those 4 should be in at all times unless we have a doomsday scenario where like our whole group is in foul trouble lol.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2024, 01:14:11 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25626
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
My guess on minutes distribution most games this postseason:

STARTERS
White - 38 min
Holiday - 36 min
Brown - 40 min
Tatum - 40 min
Porzingis - 32 min

BENCH
Horford - 25 min
Hauser - 20 min
Pritchard - 15 min
Tillman/Kornet - 10 min (depending on matchups, foul trouble, injuries, etc.)

Brissett deployed as needed to eat some minutes or provide hustle. Springer as well maybe on some key defensive possessions if needed.

I think it's a pretty loaded Top-8 with decent enough depth at 9-10 too. Pritchard/Kornet/Tillman at times may be unplayable and at matchup disadvantages but I think they should be fine early in the playoffs. Maybe in later rounds it becomes a more strict 7 or 8-man rotation.

Overall though, there should be absolutely no reason why 2 of Tatum/Brown/White/Porzingis aren't there at ALL times. Rotate guys in and out but at least 2 of those 4 should be in at all times unless we have a doomsday scenario where like our whole group is in foul trouble lol.

I'm curious about how much run Pritchard will get.  I think the team is going to need his energy.  I think he may end up averaging more minutes than Hauser.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2024, 01:17:47 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25626
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Ty Lue?

Haha.  That's fair.  I wonder how many other playoff coaches are on the hot seat?  Would Phoenix fire Vogel after one season if they lose in the first round?

As for Joe, I'm curious what his vulnerability really is.  If we lose to an inferior opponent in Round 1 or Round 2, is he gone?  If we make the ECF I assume he's safe unless we lose in 5 or less. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2024, 01:29:11 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 987

Ty Lue?

Haha.  That's fair.  I wonder how many other playoff coaches are on the hot seat?  Would Phoenix fire Vogel after one season if they lose in the first round?

As for Joe, I'm curious what his vulnerability really is.  If we lose to an inferior opponent in Round 1 or Round 2, is he gone?  If we make the ECF I assume he's safe unless we lose in 5 or less.

I’ve heard that Bickerstaff needs a good playoffs in Cleveland.  Phoenix definitely expected better than they’ve gotten this year, so Vogel could be in trouble after only a season.  Billy Donovan seems safe, but I’m not sure why.  Kidd is probably safe, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the loser of the Clippers-Mavs series went coach hunting, although I think Lue needs more than a single series.

« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2024, 09:27:35 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
See you Sunday

« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2024, 09:38:35 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Celtics have to win game 1 at home. They lose a lot of game ones at home.  Send a message out the gate

« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2024, 09:41:31 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Celtics have to win game 1 at home. They lose a lot of game ones at home.  Send a message out the gate

Yeah it's crazy. Home Game 5s too (2022 vs. MIL, 2023 vs. ATL, PHI). Somehow managed to win those Game 6s. But it'd be nice if they took care of business more at home. In the last two postseasons combined they are 14-7 on the road including a few massive, pivotal games. Neat! They are also 10-12 at home which is unacceptable and shocking.

If you look at history too, teams that have won it all recently were dominant at home. Basically implying they also took care of business and didn't play with their food often.

« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2024, 10:10:37 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
I wouldn't go as far as saying BOS "has to win" game 1, they can lose game 1 and still win the series easily enough, but I agree to the extent that how they play in game 1 will send an important signal, set an important tone, for the entire playoffs.

MIA is going to come in with some juice after a big home win.  The Celtics haven't played a real game in about 2 weeks.  Then don't play again until Wed.  That all favors MIA for sure.    That is no excuse though.  BOS needs to come out with urgency.  They need come out like it is game 7.

« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2024, 10:37:43 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I wouldn't go as far as saying BOS "has to win" game 1, they can lose game 1 and still win the series easily enough, but I agree to the extent that how they play in game 1 will send an important signal, set an important tone, for the entire playoffs.

MIA is going to come in with some juice after a big home win.  The Celtics haven't played a real game in about 2 weeks.  Then don't play again until Wed.  That all favors MIA for sure.    That is no excuse though.  BOS needs to come out with urgency.  They need come out like it is game 7.

I think winning game 1 sets the tone and propels them like it did vs the Nets a few years back. Do not give Miami any life. So that is why I think game one is super important.

« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2024, 10:43:34 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
I could understand if they come out rusty to start Game 1, since they've been off for a full week. But yeah how they play and finish Game 1 will set the tone. If they look lethargic the entire game and are nonchalantly playing then that's not a good sign. Miami doesn't have Butler. The C's are way more talented and should still exploit Miami's weaknesses easily even if they start rusty. Not expecting a blowout but a Game 1 loss would really start to irk people rightaway, and I'd say it'd be deserved.

« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2024, 10:53:18 AM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 322

Agree. I wouldn't be shocked if they lost Game 1. Oh, imagine the fear mongering amongst the Celtics faithful then...

They haven't played a serious basketball game in a while. It's the negative consequence of regular season dominance. On the positive, the team is healthy and looks like the team to beat.

« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2024, 11:00:23 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Despite game 1 being the easiest game to steal on the road, I am Hoping the crowd and atmosphere pulls them through the rust tomorrow.

This will be Miami's 3rd game in 5 days with travel to Philly, home from Philly and to Boston. I could see them having a letdown tomorrow. They put everything into that play in game.

« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2024, 11:53:00 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2943
I just hope they don’t take them lightly due to missing Jimmy. That’s my main concern.