Author Topic: Woj: Clarkson and Nance to Cavs for IT, Frye, Cavs 1st  (Read 5144 times)

Re: Woj: Clarkson and Nance to Cavs for IT, Frye, Cavs 1st
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2018, 12:57:43 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 949
Has there ever been a time in the history of the NBA where one top 5 superstar like Lebron has chased 2 all stars out of their team in less than a year? All Hail Lebron  8) May you find your way to an epic quit this post season vs. the Celtics.

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2018, 01:01:42 PM »

• Don Nelson
Dumb question, does IT have to pass a physical? Not that I am wishing he fails one, but can you imagine if ended up back in Cleveland due to a failed physical. Cleveland would riot and Lebron would be at the front of the riot pack!

Re: Woj: Clarkson and Nance to Cavs
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2018, 01:01:42 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
It looks like IT will get to run team as number 1 option again, too bad it is for the Lakers. Happy he got away from Lebron though. I think this hurts our lakers pick chances as iT will have twice the chip now on his shoulder.

Can't wait for the first flare up between IT and Lonzo's dad. Should be epic.

Who will be the second scoring option for the Cavs in the playoffs now? Lebron is going to need to go into superman mode every game and put up epic numbers.

It is Lebron's world still in Cleveland until the bitter end. I can only imagine what was said in that meeting between him and executives.

Twice the chip = jacking up 2x bad shots that he seams to no longer be able to make. 
He'll probable get back to averaging 20+points a game now, but he really needs so many shots to do it that that I think it will hurt the Lakers over all.   Both Lonzo and IT need the ball to be effective, so we'll see how that works when Ball comes back.   I think the Lakers go back to loosing games now. 

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2018, 01:05:47 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1415
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Dumb question, does IT have to pass a physical? Not that I am wishing he fails one, but can you imagine if ended up back in Cleveland due to a failed physical. Cleveland would riot and Lebron would be at the front of the riot pack!

Lakers don't care about the physical, they just want the expiring contract.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2018, 01:05:48 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Dumb trade for Cleveland.

Clarkson cannot play off the ball if his life depended on it. He will be a terrible fit with LeBron (and Wade and Rose). IT was a much better player off the ball. They should have given the IT/Bron partnership more time to come to fruition.

Nance is a good hustle player off the bench for them.

Bad return for Cleveland. No chance in the postseason now.

How do you feel about Clarkson for IT defensively? Obviously Clarkson's better but do you think it gives them enough to offset any offensive problems?

No. They will lose more offensively than they gain defensively.

Clarkson is a dodgy defender himself. IT is terrible. It's an improvement but it's not sorting out any problems for Cleveland. The offense on the other hand creates new problems for them. Guys who cannot function / play together.

Yeah Clarkson does seem like yet another mid-sized kinda undefined guard position on top of the ones they've got now.  Wonder if they're planning to have him mainly as a bench spark kinda guy.

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2018, 01:07:34 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Cleveland just got a lot younger quicker, i enjoy watching Nance and Clarkson
Well Isaiah will get a chance to run.

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2018, 01:09:16 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Nice trade for both of them... cavs getting younger... Lakers creating space... ainge is a bad bad boy... IT  coming of bench behind lonzo ball.... I wanna see how lavar and IT get along.... hell bells... that money truck will hunt forever

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2018, 01:09:16 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2423
Good. LAL needed a PG to move Ball over to SG. IT and Ball will be a good pairing offensively.

They should help make LAL good to watch for first time in about 6-7 years.

I don't see the lakers moving ball to SG, man he is shooting 35% fg / 30% 3 point fg.  He is a terrible fit to play off the ball.  His best talent is his passing, why on earth would you not have him handling the ball?

Ball's best quality as a passer is his passing in transition. In the halfcourt, Ball is more of a secondary playmaker (like a Draymond Green) because he cannot get the defense off balance frequently enough due to his lack of dribble penetration (leading to too much sideaways passes that provide no penetration). So he needs to be coupled with a primary ballhandler who is either another PG or a ball-handling wing.

Isaiah can be that player. He is clearly a PG and not a wing. So Ball is the two guard. He has the size and defensive range to cover SGs. Ball will not be off the ball 100% of the time. It will be shared responsibilities. IT will primary ball-handler and Ball secondary. They will have a good partnership together.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 01:16:53 PM by Who »

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2018, 01:15:06 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 378
So, I guess that about settles the IT tribute on Paul Pierce night, right?   ;D

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2018, 01:15:24 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008
LeBron James cleaning house.

Man, Danny Ainge making that trade look like a highway robbery.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2018, 01:16:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

not really

IT4 won't be getting a tribute this season as the Lakers have already visited Boston

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2018, 01:16:50 PM »

• Don Nelson

Another team that will never take Danny's call again...unless that Nets pick ends up 1 or 2

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2018, 01:17:27 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff

not really

IT4 won't be getting a tribute this season as the Lakers have already visited Boston
My point was that it won't happen on Paul Pierce night - when the Cavs visit Boston this weekend.  I think they had already decided that, but even if they hadn't, this would've put that to bed.

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2018, 01:18:24 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
IT4 soon will have a NBA jersey collection like no tomorrow

Whats funny is that ... IT4 and Ball could have been what the Celts backcourt lineup could have looked this season (small chance but still).... we will get to see how that works out

In theory , very decent as IT4 likes to score and Ball likes to pass

IT4 being from the LA area and not liking what was happening in Cleveland prob doesn't mind this move.  He just has to be quiet, play to his best capabilities and pray the Lakers make him a decent offer after this season

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2018, 01:19:12 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff

Another team that will never take Danny's call again...unless that Nets pick ends up 1 or 2
Who knows, it might be like when guys want to pick fights with the alpha dog to prove they are the new alpha dog.  We might have people trying to take on Ainge with risky trades ... I say, "bring it on!".