Author Topic: Sheldon Willams vs Scal  (Read 2060 times)

Sheldon Willams vs Scal
« on: December 20, 2009, 05:54:52 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Why does Doc even play scal...? SW (willams) should be getting ALL that time. He is the most active rebounder we have, a pervect replacement for leon p...the celts NEED more rebounding, he is the other inside player we need, his stats KILL Scals in EVERY catagory, Doc should be developing him for our playoff run.....! Star SW, give his ego a boost, now is the time, do it in the first half of the season, it seems to give a player a big boost, as we saw with our beloved leon....! Scal is beyond development, he contributes nothing....nothing.

Re: Sheldon Willams vs Scal
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 05:58:19 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Scal is the better team defender.  He is a better matchup against smaller PFs.

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 06:01:33 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be
They're not exactly two of the same.  Sheldon is your typical down low, doing the dirty work in the paint type of guy. Cleans up the boards and such.

Scal can stretch the floor, is position flexible, and is fairly competent on defensive rotations espcially guarding out on the perimeter. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 06:02:06 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
interesting opinion, all i see is scal taking those charges because he is behind the play and out of position. I don't think he has stopped anyone, SW is taller, stronger, faster, better position player, inside, where he should be, not hiding in the 3-point corner, we have enough shooters...!

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 06:03:50 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
you guys are very generous...! i don't think anyone in the league is worried about being covered by the scal, no one even goes out to cover him...!

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 06:04:36 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
interesting opinion, all i see is scal taking those charges because he is behind the play and out of position. I don't think he has stopped anyone, SW is taller, stronger, faster, better position player, inside, where he should be, not hiding in the 3-point corner, we have enough shooters...!

You can't take a charge if you are out of position.

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 06:06:54 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
If you are covering your man, he doesn't get to that point....

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 06:08:53 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Scal has definitely been slumping lately.  In the past, he's been a pretty decent defender, but he hasn't shown that much this year. 

His offense has been anemic, even for a bench player.  He's averaging 0.8 points and 0.8 rebounds per game in December, despite seeing fairly consistent playing time (12 minutes per game).  That 2.5 points per 36 minutes average may very well be the lowest of any player in the NBA; I'd be shocked if it wasn't.

I've been a Scal defender in the past, but at this point, I'd prefer Williams in there, especially when paired with Rasheed.  I'll be most happy, though, when BBD is back.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 06:10:44 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Its not even a contest. Its like a fat kid racing Usain Bolt. Just not even worth debating.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 10:42:35 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Scal is the worst player on the team and once Davis gets back should never see the court again unless the C's are in serious foul trouble or the game is a blowout.

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 10:52:16 PM »

Offline TradeProposalDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 56
Scal mainly plays garbage time nowadays. Doc has always liked bigs who stretch the floor and pose a threat to score from long range. Scal is a hustle guy and he does think basketball, even though he is physically never in great basketball form.

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 10:54:49 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Honestly, I like the guy - it's hard not to - but when he comes on the floor I cringe and cross my fingers, and though I've been watching very closely so I could give him the benefit of the doubt, I just don't see that he adds anything to what's happening on the court. When someone's not a plus, they're a minus ... there is no in-between. He's the most likable guy in the NBA, but that does us no good in the grand scheme of things.

We need production from everyone, and I really believe that money is being wasted on Scal ... sorry, Carrot-Top. What I've seen of Shelden so far hasn't been stellar, by any means, but it's been more productive that Scal, with flashes of much more. That said, I can't wait to get Big Baby back ... and his energy, enthusiasm, love of the game, and 110% effort.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009, 11:00:53 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Scal is the better team defender.  He is a better matchup against smaller PFs.

I'd prefer Sheldon abuse smaller PFs on the boards. Make them adjust to us, not us to them.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird