Author Topic: Can we Wyc Grousbeck some Credit  (Read 1696 times)

Can we Wyc Grousbeck some Credit
« on: June 10, 2008, 12:16:01 PM »

Offline PointGaurd

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 8
Finally, in what's known as one of the greatest sports cities in the U.S. we've got some owners who are willing to spend some money to make some money... and in the meanwhile you end up with a pretty interesting team to watch and a happy fan base.  What was so hard to figure out about that!!??

But at the Same time, I just want to give Wyc (other owners) and Danny lots of credit for putting this team together.  I said at the start of the year I'd be happy if we just made it to the finals, We're here!!  And now we're up 2-0 wih home court advantage!!  WOW!!  I can still remember that first Patriots superbowl with Tom Brady taking over and taking us on a run like yesterday.  I can still remember the Red Sox led by Pedro and Manny breaking the Curse, and now we have the Celtics looking ready to Break our 20+ year drought, and we owe it all to the owners!!  Great stuff guys!!!  Thank you!!!

Re: Can we Wyc Grousbeck some Credit
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 12:20:11 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Yep, no doubt about it, Wyc stepped up in a big way.  Luckily, though, with the 13 home games so far, I think he's more than made up for his luxury tax hit.   8)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 12:21:55 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Lets not forget the other owners too.  Wyc is their public face, but they are all putting their money up for this.  They all deserve a lot of credit, after many people were throwing them under the bus just a year ago for being "cheap".

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 12:26:46 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
Simmons pointed it out yesterday:  at least in the recent Boston sports landscape, ownership change has been HUGE.  Wyc & Co. have done a great job, in a relatively short time, to restore this franchise to where we all believe it should be.

(BTW, that elephant in the room is you, Jeremy Jacobs!)

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 12:30:31 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
He's no Glen Taylor or Carl Pohlad.......   :-\

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.