Author Topic: Kyrie's Best game as a Celtic  (Read 1889 times)

Kyrie's Best game as a Celtic
« on: January 17, 2019, 12:11:21 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Bravo Kyrie. 18 assists a career high. From a person that has blamed a lot of the chemistry issues on Kyrie, he gave the team exactly what we needed when we needed it.

He did what leaders are supposed to do, figure out what the team needs and fill that need like Bill Russell used to say.

I don't care how many turnovers he had tonight he was looking to pass the ball all night looking to get others involved. If you look at how many guys need the ball in our team Jaylen Brown Gordon Hayward Al horford Jayson Tatum Marcus Morris he needs to get other guys involved first before he starts looking for his own shot.

Great game Kyrie. Keep playing like that and we have a shot to be champions.

Re: Kyrie's Best game as a Celtic
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 12:16:32 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Bravo Kyrie. 18 assists a career high. From a person that has blamed a lot of the chemistry issues on Kyrie, he gave the team exactly what we needed when we needed it.

He did what leaders are supposed to do, figure out what the team needs and fill that need like Bill Russell used to say.

I don't care how many turnovers he had tonight he was looking to pass the ball all night looking to get others involved. If you look at how many guys need the ball in our team Jaylen Brown Gordon Hayward Al horford Jayson Tatum Marcus Morris he needs to get other guys involved first before he starts looking for his own shot.

Great game Kyrie. Keep playing like that and we have a shot to be champions.

Bingo

Kyrie is also growing

Kyrie vs xyz

old guys vs young guys

its all silly at the end of the day

A team for example is made up of body parts

what good is it without arms, eyes, legs

it all has to work in sync

IRVING 18 assists was just as important as that 3 pt dagger in Leonards face

Irving just needs to keep it up

AND If he keeps it up and the guys can't make the shots, even with perfect passes

you still take the blame...   

This is what a true leader is all about

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 12:19:13 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
He's what I always envisioned to be if  Rondo were taller with a jump shot

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 12:31:05 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1351
Good interview with Kyrie in the locker room after as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY7jCllkvjU

- said he called LeBron to apologize for being a headstrong young player back in Cleveland who wanted everything "now"
- said he sees himself in the same situation now that LeBron was in with him back then, mentoring young guys who had major roles and then had to change with the arrival of an established star
- said he's trying to grow as a leader and its a learning experience
- said he handled the criticism of the "young guys" wrong, he shouldn't have done that in public, he will continue to challenge them to be better but will keep it in house. Said Jaylen was right for calling him out on it and that he should be setting a better example

I thought it was a pretty mature interview and every time I hear Kyrie talk about his challenges it makes me more convinced that he is really trying to turn over a new leaf and be more of a true leader and not just worry about his points but in how he makes his team and teammates better.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 12:46:26 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I liked it when he pointed to the Boston on his jersey like Pierce used to do.

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 12:46:57 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I liked it when he pointed to the Boston on his jersey like Pierce used to do.

that was cool

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 01:17:41 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Just when I'm finally loving Kyrie tonight he has to say something funny, at the end of the interview he says "once we become more consistent and once that happens we will run over everybody in this league I can guarantee it"

Easy Irving. One game at a time. let's just see if you can average 10 assist for the next month or so keep passing buddy.

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2019, 01:22:00 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Just when I'm finally loving Kyrie tonight he has to say something funny, at the end of the interview he says "once we become more consistent and once that happens we will run over everybody in this league I can guarantee it"

Easy Irving. One game at a time. let's just see if you can average 10 assist for the next month or so keep passing buddy.

Lol

Same league as Jaylen Brown multiple ring comment?

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 01:31:27 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

The only player averaging over 10 app this year is Westbrook. The only other above 9 is Lowry at 9.6. Then it goes Wall, Harden, Holiday/Simmons. I’ll take Kyrie and his 6.4 and top-5 hockey assists all day over anyone on that list (besides maybe Harden).

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 06:38:33 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think he played very well but needs to improve on the 7  TO's

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 06:55:54 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Kyrie was terrific tonight.  Great game.  He's been rising to the occasion in key games.  40+ against both the Raptors and Sixers in overtime victories and then a huge game tonight.  That's what you want from your star player.  We just lack consistency from everyone else on the roster.  Need a second star to step up.

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 07:20:11 AM »

Offline petbrick

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
I think he played very well but needs to improve on the 7  TO's

While 7 turnovers is bad, obviously, I think you take it when ~30 of the C's possessions ended in points scored or assisted by Irving.

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2019, 08:00:27 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
By far, Kyries best game. Maybe talking to Bron helped him realize he needed to be a willing passer and trust his teammates more.

This is the type of game I've been waiting for because I've killed him for his style of play and leadership. This is a great first step.

You notice how all the vets led the way in this game...Kyrie, Horford, Hayward and Baynes all stepped up when it was necessary.

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2019, 08:20:21 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I stated it in the game thread, but Kyrie is really Nash 2.0.

Fantastic scorers
Fantastic playmakers
fast
crafty
professional
not great defenders.

Now Nash was arguably a slighty better shooter and a more willing passer, but Kyrie is more athletic and has a tighter handle.

But when Kyrie looks to playmake a bit more like last night he is un-guardable. when he gets inside or around his man, which is easy for him, it really opens the floor for himself and more importantly the team.

Last night was nice because team made shots, which will encourage Kyrie.

He needs to FORCE people to be involved through playmaking. If he continues that look out. Last nights Kyrie was an MVP.

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2019, 08:31:19 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I stated it in the game thread, but Kyrie is really Nash 2.0.

Fantastic scorers
Fantastic playmakers
fast
crafty
professional
not great defenders.

Now Nash was arguably a slighty better shooter and a more willing passer, but Kyrie is more athletic and has a tighter handle.

But when Kyrie looks to playmake a bit more like last night he is un-guardable. when he gets inside or around his man, which is easy for him, it really opens the floor for himself and more importantly the team.

Last night was nice because team made shots, which will encourage Kyrie.

He needs to FORCE people to be involved through playmaking. If he continues that look out. Last nights Kyrie was an MVP.

I disagree, but I get that you are emphasizing that Irving could be a much better playmaker. Irving is a much better defender than Nash. He is also a much better scorer.

I wonder if you put Irving in Houston's system, what kind of stats he would put up, but I don't think he makes the advanced reads as naturally as Nash did. A lot of Irving's assists last night were simple dump offs where Ibaka was caught in no-man's land between Irving and his man, and the corner help defender didn't get down quick enough. Irving still made great reads, but he is developing his ability to make the second and third read in response to the team defense.