Author Topic: Super Bowl LII: NE vs. PHI  (Read 42487 times)

Re: Super Bowl LII: NE vs. PHI
« Reply #225 on: February 05, 2018, 08:00:04 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
You really believed that Russians would allow the "Patriots" to win it all?  :laugh:
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #226 on: February 05, 2018, 08:12:17 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
You really believed that Russians would allow the "Patriots" to win it all?  :laugh:
Especially when they were playing against the "Eagles" :P

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #227 on: February 05, 2018, 08:20:11 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Especially when they were playing against the "Eagles" :P

Nice value added - very visual TP!
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #228 on: February 05, 2018, 08:47:32 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

It's ok not to be a homer apologist sometimes.

Except I'm not a Pats fan, and don't really care about Brady at all.  He had a great game. I guess he maybe could have made a few more plays, but the loss is not on him in any way.

im not a Pats fan either but i agree , he had a great game and from a neutral standpoint,  i thought it was a great game .   Both teams playe like champions.  Both QBs were fantasic .  Dead on the money passing.   Pats could have won if that guys finger tips don't jar the ball from Bradys hands on that game winning drive .  Amazing game.

« Reply #229 on: February 05, 2018, 09:13:21 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
As weird as it is to say, I don’t think either team played that poorly on defense. The offenses just made plays.

It was a spectacular game, one of the best start to finish that I’ve seen.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #230 on: February 05, 2018, 09:22:53 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
As weird as it is to say, I don’t think either team played that poorly on defense. The offenses just made plays.

It was a spectacular game, one of the best start to finish that I’ve seen.
Pata couldn't tackle or over, I thought.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #231 on: February 05, 2018, 09:55:24 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
In the meanwhile, Brandon Browner went off on the Pats coaching brass for benching Butler. Hightower liked the post.

« Reply #232 on: February 05, 2018, 10:03:18 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Right, I really don't get it.  There must have been some incident ...
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #233 on: February 05, 2018, 10:06:27 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
According to Rowe, he was told that he was starting right before the game, and he acknowledged that Butler practiced in those mythical "packages" that Belichick/Patricia referred to during the entire week.

Butler did fly in late because he supposedly had the flu, but I doubt that has someone to do with it.

I understand that Bill always values sending a message over winning one single game. However, when  said game is your 40-year-old star QB's potentially last SB, perhaps it's time to apply a little "situational football" decision-making?

edit: Correction. Rowe reportedly said he practiced as CB2 the entire week, and apparently Butler was still under the weather as late as Thursday. Still, however, he was apparently well enough to get ST snaps, and I don't see how playing Bademosi/Chung over him in nickel packages is the better football decision. Certainly not after it has become clear that your defense is having issues closing down after the catch and tackling (coincidentally, both of these are Butler's strengths).

Butler played 97% of defensive snaps during the regular season. That pretty much means he was on the field at all times, regardless of matchups. I guess he was good enough back then?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 10:26:38 AM by kozlodoev »

« Reply #234 on: February 05, 2018, 10:18:34 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
In the meanwhile, Brandon Browner went off on the Pats coaching brass for benching Butler. Hightower liked the post.

[dang] that's tough

« Reply #235 on: February 05, 2018, 10:19:43 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
According to Rowe, he was told that he was starting right before the game, and he acknowledged that Butler practiced in those mythical "packages" that Belichick/Patricia referred to during the entire week.

Butler did fly in late because he supposedly had the flu, but I doubt that has someone to do with it.

I understand that Bill always values sending a message over winning one single game. However, when  said game is your 40-year-old star QB's potentially last SB, perhaps it's time to apply a little "situational football" decision-making?

Sounds very patriarchal of Bill.  Maybe I'm overly fixated on it, but that decision could've cost them Tom's last SB.  So unless Butler committed a double homicide, I'm not seeing it.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #236 on: February 05, 2018, 10:26:46 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1552

Sounds very patriarchal of Bill.  Maybe I'm overly fixated on it, but that decision could've cost them Tom's last SB.  So unless Butler committed a double homicide, I'm not seeing it.
well he played in the game on special teams so it couldn't have been that bad.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #237 on: February 05, 2018, 10:27:59 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

There is no explanation why a DB who played close to every defensive snap during the regular season suddenly became a situational/matchup liability in the SB.

« Reply #238 on: February 05, 2018, 10:31:02 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
well he played in the game on special teams so it couldn't have been that bad.
He had to, I guess. Had to keep Johnson Bademosi fresh so that he can miss tackles in nickel packages.  >:( >:( >:(

« Reply #239 on: February 05, 2018, 10:38:12 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The only think I can think of....and I don't like this theory at all....is that BB knew he wasn't bringing him back and didn't want to be in a situation where it seemed he HAD to bring him back. But that presumes that Bill would be putting the future ahead of the Super Bowl. I don't like this theory, yet I could sorta see Bill maybe trying it.

That said...he could have made a half time adjustment. Or brought him in fresh in the 4th