Author Topic: Garnett's knee isnt right.  (Read 9368 times)

Re: They are going nowhere with a one-legged KG
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 11:03:38 PM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
  • And the Truth shall set you free
It was hard to watch KG give up that layup.  Obviously he is not right yet.  However, what I was most upset about was the horrible help by sheed.  What? Did he think a howard jumper was worse than a Lewis layup?  ???

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 11:04:11 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Sad to watch him on the floor tonight. This was the biggest choke in a long time and KG was helpless. Lewis blew by him like he was not on the court, and he cannot jump nor rebound. Sad, sad situation.

God forbid he have an off game when he's coming back from being out for a while. Weren't people trying to ship him off to the glue factory in November?
He wasn't moving well tonight.

He has good games and bad games, just how it is. Nothing the Celtics can do about it but give him the minutes/treatment he needs to get him into the best shape/health possible.

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 11:04:24 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 144
He was doing a GREAT job on Lewis...until after Nelson went for that ball between his legs...hmmm

Is it time to finally admit that KG's career is soon coming to a close?
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 11:04:27 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
I'm not necessarily talking about altogether.  But let's face it.  Until I see with my own eyes that KG can stay healthy for a long period of time, I have no other choice but to deem him unreliable.

We really need to start seriously thinking about the possibility that KG will never be 100%.  I know KG is only 33, but it seems to me like it's an old 33.  I mean, he has been in the league since he was just 18.

With KG's knee having that chance of never being right again, I think we can officially say this team as a true championship contender is over after this year.  Especially if we STILL keep the same core of guys.  Because this team will be old.  There's a fine line between veteran and old, and next year, this team will be old.

So it's this season or bust for this team.

Of course all of this is in my opinion

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 11:04:34 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Sad to watch him on the floor tonight. This was the biggest choke in a long time and KG was helpless. Lewis blew by him like he was not on the court, and he cannot jump nor rebound. Sad, sad situation.

God forbid he have an off game when he's coming back from being out for a while. Weren't people trying to ship him off to the glue factory in November?

Did you watch the game? He could not move the entire night. Missed two bunnies (although one was slightly difficult), got outrebounded all night, and Lewis blew by him like he was a tree on that last layup. His knee is not right

Re: Garnett's knee isnt right.
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 11:04:38 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Yeah it's painfully obvious KG is nowhere near healthy.  Why not rest him for longer and hold out hope he will ready for the playoffs?

He can't finish alley oops, can't grab rebounds and instead tries to tip them to himself, and to see his defense at the end was just sad.  He had no chance to stay in front of Lewis there and it's hard to watch a great warrior being so hobbled out there.  This team is going nowhere with an injured KG so might as well rest him...

In other words, he looks like he did at the beginning of the season while he was working back into form.

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 11:04:47 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
This has been obviously all season...We didnt need sir charles to tell us that... Even out of the gate, KG wasnt, KG... His leaping ability is totally gone, he hasnt contested shots or attempted to block players on the drive because he just cant get up anymore, his inside offense has lacked... He is still a great leader, defensive mentor, and a presence on the court...However, he just is showing his age and his injuries. It is going to be tough this year. This team is old, and tired. We need a young player to take the reign of the 6th man role and really rejuvinate this team.

Re: Is it time to finally admit that KG's career is soon coming to a close?
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 11:05:26 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
He's shown his age right from the start of the season...Gonna be a tough run for the rest of the year.

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 11:05:52 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
When was the last time KG was really 100%?  Really?  Earlier this season?  Maybe.  But it seems like as soon as he finally got back to 100% he was injured again, and now we're back to him being chronically injured.

I really need something to give me a reason to be optimistic about the future for this team because right now I don't see it.

KG is looking perpetually injured, it feels like only a matter of time before somebody else is hobbled somehow, and our team can't close out games against good opponents.  We've seen a few glimpses of top notch Celtics basketball this season, but it was all too early in the season and not for nearly long enough.

How can this team possibly have enough for a playoff run with the way things are going?  
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 11:06:06 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
In 1988, we knew we had no chance of winning a championship. Larry Bird was in two casts on his feet. Kevin McHale wasn't the same player he was physically. We weren't close to winning a championship. Our better days had gone by and we were on the way down. We could be a decent team but we were never going to be a great team again with the same cast of characters.

Danny Ainge

Are we there yet?
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 11:06:11 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I've merged all three of the KG's health topics since they're all discussing the same thing.

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 11:08:02 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228

Garnett has been playing on one leg all year long. It's ridiculous how the Celticsblog hopeful are saying, "He's just working back into shape." Garnett had a string of about 5 games where he played excellent basketball. Other than that, he has been bad. Keep believing the "hyperextended knee."

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 11:11:43 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
In 1988, we knew we had no chance of winning a championship. Larry Bird was in two casts on his feet. Kevin McHale wasn't the same player he was physically. We weren't close to winning a championship. Our better days had gone by and we were on the way down. We could be a decent team but we were never going to be a great team again with the same cast of characters.

Danny Ainge

Are we there yet?

Not yet.  That's us next year, in my opinion.

This team is a great team - at times - but we can't maintain it.  I have a feeling next year those stretches of greatness will be few and far between.

The question is: can this team maintain a stretch of greatness throughout the playoffs to win a championship?  At the start of the season, I believed they could, especially with their strong start and winning streaks. 

Since then, though, things have been a lot worse, and I'm starting to worry that the team of the last couple of months is more what we should expect from now on.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2010, 11:12:28 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 700
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i expect he sits tomorrow vs atlanta...i think boston is a good team

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2010, 11:13:12 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Did you watch the game? He could not move the entire night. Missed two bunnies (although one was slightly difficult), got outrebounded all night, and Lewis blew by him like he was a tree on that last layup. His knee is not right

Sure I watched the game. Did you notice that it's his 3rd game back from being out with a sore knee? These things happen. It's not like we didn't just go through this a month ago, when he started the season poorly and then started playing better.

I watch a lot of soccer and when players are out for 2 weeks or so they talk about how it takes at least a few weeks to get back into game shape. KG's out for a month and people can't understand he's not in top form after a couple of games.