Author Topic: What I am Wishing Happens!  (Read 1478 times)

What I am Wishing Happens!
« on: January 13, 2010, 10:36:51 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I really want to see the celtics go after someone who could come off our bench and become a major contributor.. BUT expire after this season. I am not positive on who is out there like that but that would be the perfect situation. Does anyone really know of expirings that can come in and help us right now and have a lot of money off the books so we can spend on a FA next off-season. Let me hear your thoughts!

Re: What I am Wishing Happens!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 10:38:15 PM »

Kiorrik

Erm, we got Quisy and Rasheed coming back soon. Isn't that good enough?

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 10:38:35 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
A thought how about Bobby Simmons. Big body that can shoot the three and possibly play the 4 if we wanna go small.

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 10:39:22 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
Not if they are hurt..

Erm, we got Quisy and Rasheed coming back soon. Isn't that good enough?

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 10:41:15 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
And plus i am saying a BIG contract that can come off the books, that can be had for cheap.

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 11:15:49 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I really want to see the celtics go after someone who could come off our bench and become a major contributor.. BUT expire after this season. I am not positive on who is out there like that but that would be the perfect situation. Does anyone really know of expirings that can come in and help us right now and have a lot of money off the books so we can spend on a FA next off-season. Let me hear your thoughts!

What happened to the "lets be positive WeMadeIt17"?  You have decided that the team is not good enough to win now, and players won't come back healthy and productive?   So much for that thread....please tell me you are not deserting the team at this point in the season...
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 11:25:56 PM »

Offline scoop

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

The only big contracts we have in the books for the next season are Garnett, Pierce, Rondo and Rasheed Wallace. Then two bellow-MLE contracts in Perkins and Davis, but trading them won't take a lot of money off the books. Who exactly do you want to trade? This doesn't seem like a good plan to me.

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 11:36:09 PM »

Offline fanofgreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
Looks like (based off of box score) that Keyon Dooling did not play.
Although he is not an expiring contract player, he has 2 yrs on his contract, but I think
he could be a very good spark-plug off the bench.

He would give us some versatility at the backup guard spot. (Tony,JR, Eddie) are our options right now. and none of those guys can really create off the dribble. Keyon can create off the dribble, and knock down the occasional long ball. his contract is not burdensome and I believe we will continue to be a championship contender next year as well. so even though he does not expire this summer, I think we should go after him.

With New Jersey looking the way they do, they have no reason to hold on to Dooling, and with his contract going beyond this summer, they i imagine would be willing to part with him.

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 12:06:37 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
And plus i am saying a BIG contract that can come off the books, that can be had for cheap.
This logic seems very odd.

The player having a big contract will not help us get a FA next season. You haven't connected the dots to explain how.

We would be just a well off trading for someone with a reasonable expiring contract, or signing a good, bought out vet to a min contract before the deadline.

It makes no different what the contract of this mythical pickup would be. The most we will be able to give a FA next season is the MLE, unless we do some extremely dramatic moves.

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 12:21:27 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
I am a positive guy don't get me wrong. But still have thought we needed a spark plug off the bench when we had the 11 or 12 game winning streak. But still Now KG is hurt again and its his bad knee and Sheed is out, Nobody seems to get an update on Marquis just want a little insurance. I believe this team can win as it is right now but needs to be healthy for obvious reasons. But my whole part of this thread is to be say that we need a spark off the bench and its the truth. IDK it makes sense in my head but all i am saying is these injuries scare me and I think someone out there can be had that is really good with a big contract that ends after this season and can give us a little more space at the end of the year. From what i always read if we have enough Expiring contracts and Pierce opts for a smaller deal we could have a hefty chunk of change to throw around. Perhaps this is what i think of this whole thing. If that is dead wrong then let me know and i will be happy going in with this team HEALTHY into the playoffs with an added VET to the roster. But don't get it twisted i am as optimistic as the come but the injuries can even get a optimist like me scared.