Author Topic: Was KG's Postgame Interview Scripted  (Read 6790 times)

Was KG's Postgame Interview Scripted
« on: June 23, 2008, 12:03:08 PM »

Offline wildo05

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
Based on this article, http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080623/SPORTS0102/806230382/1127 , Some people say it was. I do not buy it. As we all learned this year, KG is a very emotional guy. I just don't buy it! The tears were real.

Sorry Celtic Haters!
A winner is someone who recognizes his God- given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals." - Larry Joe Bird

"Anything is Possible!" - KG

"I'm just surprised he wasn't whining about the foul calls." - Glen "Doc" Rivers (6-11-08)

Re: Was KG's Postgame Interview Scripted
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 12:08:43 PM »

Offline sns0274

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
It was scripted, yet he forgot his lines  ::)

Ok genius  :'(
Guns don't kill people, stupid people with guns kill people

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 12:09:39 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
It cracks me up, all the anti-KG stuff you see coming out of Detroit's newspapers.  Jealous much?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 12:10:16 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
The whole thing was a charade.  None of the Celtics or their fans were actually in the least bit happy.
Yup

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 12:17:10 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Ok Kevin, I know you've got a big game to prepare for, but just see if you can remember this for us after you guys win the game.  Repeat after me:

"I'm so hype right now...Anything is possible.  ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!"

Ok, good, Kevin, now take it to the bridge...

"EARGH BA BLA <bleep> MIN TERAGH <bleep> <bleep> O LA WHAAA!!"

Ok, that was good, Kevin,but it's actually 4 MF-bombs, so try to get it right, we've got a lot of money riding on this performance.  Ok, next come the shoutouts, make sure to give love to your old city so we can expand your market share.  Then just improv a little, maybe yell something about your mamma and someone named "Peanut" or something quirky like that.  Have fun with it! 

Lastly, go ahead and do the "Top of the world Ma!  Top of the world!"  We  want you to be relatable to senior citizens who remember that Jimmy Cagney movie from 50 years ago...old people buy a LOT of $200 sneakers.

Also, make sure throughout to keep the crocodile tears flowing, and oh yeah, wear your hat at a weird angle so people think you might actually be nuts.  Now go get em tiger, you've got a title to win.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 12:56:21 PM by fairweatherfan »

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 12:24:59 PM »

Offline drza44

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 187

Ok, good, Kevin, now take it to the bridge...

"EARGH BA BLA <bleep> MIN TERAGH <bleep> <bleep> O LA WHAAA!!"

TP for giving me a chuckle.

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 12:26:19 PM »

Offline wildo05

• Joe Mazzulla
All it is are cities hating on Boston! Plain and simple. If you read the daily rumors leading up to Thursdays draft, every team is trying to hit a homer run like the Celtics did last year. Everyone wants to be like Boston. I love it! Don't get stressed over it! We are the envy of the World!

"Anything is Possible!"

P.S. I do see that interview being part of the pre-game intros next year though!
A winner is someone who recognizes his God- given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals." - Larry Joe Bird

"I'm just surprised he wasn't whining about the foul calls." - Glen "Doc" Rivers (6-11-08)

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 12:27:01 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
This is the second crybaby article I've read from crybaby sportwriter fans who wanted LA to win to claim that Garnett flubbed his "Impossible is Nothing" line when he shouted "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!".

Those people = Total idiots.

Come on. Give me a break.  Do these people honestly believe that KG is going to scream his endorsement motto in the middle of the most emotional moment of his career?   These people are sick.  They watch too many movies about egotistical superstars or something.  A bunch of cynical morons.   I watched "The Game Plan" last night starring The Rock.  He played a professional football player.  One of the key parts of the movie is that after he wins the (basically superbowl), he's supposed to turn to the camera and scream... "I'm going to Herfy's Burgers!".  It's worth an instant 25 million.   But instead, he shouts about how much he loves his daughter.   It's all very predictable.   And apparently these idiot sportswriters think KG works like the stereotypical movie athlete.

He was just screaming about how all his dreams had come true and that anything was truly possible.  Just a coincidence that it was similar to "impossible is nothing".   Really though... seriously... we live in the real world... if KG had literally screamed "IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING!" in the middle of his celebration, the media would BURY him.   

Foolish sportswriters.

To play devil's advocate for a second...  I noticed that during the parade he was wearing a retro Boston Celtic cap with an adidas logo (the company he endorses).  But then I noticed that all the championship t-shirts and hats were made by Adidas... so it's a moot point. 

« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 12:33:14 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 12:30:49 PM »

Offline Dvd716

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
You guys talking about right after the game when he was speaking in tongues.
We were all laughing so hard after trying to interpret what he was saying.
Is there video of it somewhere?

Any word on who will need what surgery?  (Pierce, Perkins....)

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 12:31:53 PM »

Offline wildo05

• Joe Mazzulla
Does anyone know where I can get the Photo of KG they had on the broadcasts, with his back turned to the camera and arms spread out with the trophy? If you have it could you email me? Wditullio@fstinc.com!

Thanks

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 12:33:46 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Imagine:

"MIchael Jordan... you just won you first NBA championship... how does it feel!?" ...

Jordan:  "I just did it!!!  I JUST DID IT!!!!"

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 12:36:05 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
For some reason the only player I can actually imagine doing something like this would be LeBron James.   I somehow imagine him winning the title and this happening:

"LeBron you just won the NBA title... how does it feel?"

LeBron:  "Hold on... let me tie my shoes"

But KG?  ... naaaahh...

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 12:42:21 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
if it was,he better get some new writers.It just don't make any sense,to even think this.IMO

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 12:51:52 PM »

Offline Bri5152

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 4
You guys talking about right after the game when he was speaking in tongues.
We were all laughing so hard after trying to interpret what he was saying.
Is there video of it somewhere?

Any word on who will need what surgery?  (Pierce, Perkins....)

I haven't heard anything yet on possible surgeries, but I found the video for you.
http://www.youtube.com/v/PBt7jzeYhZA&hl=en

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 12:55:04 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
This is just drivel. The guy is apparently a mind reader. How did he know it was scripted? Because Garnett said something that wasn't in the supposed script? Genius! Thank you.
Now, on to 18...