Author Topic: a link to raise the blood pressure of Celts fans everywhere  (Read 23067 times)

Re: a link to raise the blood pressure of Celts fans everywhere
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2008, 11:16:42 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Max is a genius.  Just a little misunderstood.  I'm sure when he watches a telecast where the announcers mention something that is in direct contrast to his incredible Einstein-ian thoughts, he merely thinks at how stupid and inane their thought processes are.

I've never read someone that is as brilliant as Max in his basketball analysis.

I think ESPN needs to fire all of their writers, and hire Max.

...and when he joins, he can go "Lakers in 5".

« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2008, 11:17:43 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Wow wdleehi, just saw your latest response to him.  Well put, sir.

How infinitesimal are the chances of him responding to you?

-sw

he will cherry pick a comment and act as it answers every question. 

« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2008, 08:29:02 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
I couldn't resist upon coming home from work today to give that post a look to see if he actually responded with any substance. Foolish me. He attempted to take on a post of mine (about opp fg pct <posted under "greg"> but merely sidestepped all the facts that were presented, oh well. Yet just posted one more out of sheer lunacy  ;)

« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2008, 08:39:18 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I couldn't resist upon coming home from work today to give that post a look to see if he actually responded with any substance. Foolish me. He attempted to take on a post of mine (about opp fg pct <posted under "greg"> but merely sidestepped all the facts that were presented, oh well. Yet just posted one more out of sheer lunacy  ;)

I know, it's strangely addictive, it's like trying to narrow down where his particular brand of ignorance originates.  I've been posting under "Larry", and I realize it's pointless but it's difficult to stop.

« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2008, 09:00:30 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I think you guys have made this the most popular article in the history of the Bleacher Report website.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2008, 09:01:57 PM »

Offline GLS

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 26
I only wish some sports talk station would pick it up and disseminate the URL to the masses.  Poor Max would never know what hit him  ;D

« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2008, 09:09:18 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96

I know, it's strangely addictive, it's like trying to narrow down where his particular brand of ignorance originates.  I've been posting under "Larry", and I realize it's pointless but it's difficult to stop.

ha! I agree. Kudos to Max for not resorting to the typical internet low depths (of course not seen around here) but actually attempting to engage in rational discussion. Now, his substance isn't rational but at least his demeanor is. Mine might have gone a little over board  ;) Well nothing too cruel just an "I'm fed up, do you really believe what you write?"

« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2008, 09:19:35 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
When assessing an article and it's level of import, one must always consider the source ... I'm not losing any sleep over this one!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2008, 10:22:43 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Oh I'm gonna have some fun with this...

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2008, 10:33:17 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Go get em Ticket, I'm out...I feel like a cat batting around a retarded mouse at this point. 

« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

Bring the pain, BT...

ha! I agree. Kudos to Max for not resorting to the typical internet low depths (of course not seen around here) but actually attempting to engage in rational discussion. Now, his substance isn't rational but at least his demeanor is. Mine might have gone a little over board  ;) Well nothing too cruel just an "I'm fed up, do you really believe what you write?"

Truth be told, I'm extremely disappointed in his demeanor.  He hasn't resorted to "shouting" (Internet-style), I guess, but at the same time, from reading his responses, it's clear to me that he hasn't even begun to make an effort to process what other people are telling him.  That doesn't impress me.  As I wrote earlier in this thread, when someone like him steps into something believing there is no chance he can be wrong no matter the evidence against him, it defeats the ideal of actual 'productive' or 'meaningful' discussion.  Granted, I've gotten sucked in and posted a couple of times...but ugh.  When your defense is "ALL the time, I disagree with accepted norms, and I'm right," I find that to be misplaced arrogance and bravado rather than something to respect.

That being said, I guess I should give Max some props for the fact that he has likely never lost any argument.  Ever.

Just putrid.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2008, 11:03:03 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • My alter ego
"How'd Kobe's great D handle Paul pierce?"

Seems like it'd be a more valid question if Bryant hadn't spent a large portion of the series guarding Ray or roaming off Raj.

I would say that that's my favorite to date because it's direct proof of the "not watching the games" issue, but really, there's a whole top 20 or 30 list that could be made here of "out of left field comments with no bearing on reality."

-sw

« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2008, 11:16:10 PM »

Offline GLS

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 26
Out of curiosity, our friend Max has posted some interesting and thought provoking (cough cough) articles other than the Celts one...here is a link to his page.

Some people (yes I see the irony here) have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/list?user_id=1794

« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2008, 11:21:42 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • My alter ego
Out of curiosity, our friend Max has posted some interesting and thought provoking (cough cough) articles other than the Celts one...here is a link to his page.

Some people (yes I see the irony here) have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/list?user_id=1794

Here's all you need to know...

Bleacher Report scribe Max Fischer opens a new line of signature columns - Deep Thoughts and Quick Hits

"Deep thoughts" and Max Fischer...this may never be topped.  Thanks for the link and another laugh, GLS.

Some of what he said to Ryan (Big Ticket, I would presume) is utterly appalling.

This is truly embarrassing to other writers in the blogosphere.

-sw

« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2008, 11:25:01 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
This describes the situation better

The People against Max, hes the one hanging btw ;)

put yourself on the line
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!