Author Topic: Mitch Lawrence: KG a "classless winner"  (Read 11988 times)

Re: Mitch Lawrence: KG a "classless winner"
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 05:14:50 PM »

Offline bleedingreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Hinrich sucks, Deng sucks, Bulls suck, I'm out.
Mitch Lawrence, your dead to me.

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2008, 05:16:03 PM »

Offline eddietours

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
jesus l live in new york the day l pickup the post someone better pay me some good amount of money by far the worst newspaper

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 05:19:30 PM »

Offline SamuelAdams

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
Classless is the new way to whine when you are on the losing end.

"Oh they beat us but they didn't have to run up the score."

"Oh they were better but they celebrated too hard."

It comes fromm too much non-score keeping soccer games, overly concerned about self esteem baloney used by LOSERS today.

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 05:21:01 PM »

Offline CelticsPrideKG

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
I think it's actually the NY Daily News.

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 05:28:04 PM »

Offline eddietours

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
yeah am sorry is the post also a bad one lol new york times for me

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 05:49:57 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
all of these guys from Lawrence to Vecsey are saying much, much more about themselves than they are about KG. Anyone who thinks KG is classless or "counterfeit" should turn in their NBA press credentials, unless they retract...
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 05:51:56 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
He looks pretty dimwitted to me

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 06:28:53 PM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
so kg got emotional that he won after how many years in the league and he was spilling alchohol on his teammates??

You never see kg act like a clown like that all the time, he had the right to act a little crazy that night.

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2008, 06:35:19 PM »

Offline Truth Hurts

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
What a complete joke. KG is one of the classiest players in the league.

Maybe he takes exception to KG's hard foul on Odom up big late in the game. Let me tell you something, Mitch, you whining NY loser...when a guy takes a cheap shot at your teammate during the regular season, practically knocking him into the 3rd row....and then almost puts his [dang]ed eye out in thr Finals.....Odom is lucky that's all he got. Garnett should have hammered him to the floor.

"Odom drains another 16-footer. It's 24-7, Lakers. They look so possessed on both ends that they've earned at least five sitting ovations from the Lakers' crowd." - Simmons

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2008, 06:40:55 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Mitch Lawrence is a "classless writer."

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2008, 06:45:41 PM »

Offline TerreHaute

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
These are probably the same guys who, a year ago, were saying that KG, Ray, and Paul would never be considered great players until they won a championship. These guys have been listening to the "expert sportswriters" say that crap for years. Then, when they finally get over the hump, the "experts" don't like how the way these guys acted when it was shoved in their face. Looks like the "experts" don't like eating crow any more than us regular folk.

On another note, I guess I would be a bit crabby if I had to watcht he Knicks and Nets all season, too.

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2008, 07:03:12 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Hahaha...quotes of wisdom from the pre-Finals "article":

"They're the most dominant team still standing and the favorites, as far as we're concerned, even if they won't have the home-court advantage."

"Here's why they can prepare to hang another banner at Staples Center. They have what Boston and about 28 other teams don't possess. Bryant is the best closer in the game..."

"'We play for one thing and one thing only, and that's championships,' Bryant said after taking out the Spurs. 'Now the real season starts.'  The Celtics can consider that fair warning."

Tells you about all you need to know about this cat...he's a bandwagon jumper when making picks, then after things happen he plays the "shockingly contrarian" card like so many others.  Guys like this need pageviews and media appearances to survive, and praising winners isn't what gets them.  Who knows if clowns like him and Plaschke even believe what they're saying themselves, they're just looking to be controversial to attract more attention.  Sad thing is, it usually works.

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2008, 07:22:02 PM »

Offline CelticsPrideKG

• Derrick White
LOL I fired off an e-mail questioning the validity of his statements and he fired an e-mail right back at me.  Here is the quick response:

First off, I am a huge KG fan.
But his post-game rant at courtside was BS....
I know he was in the moment, but show a little humility. Or is that too much to expect?

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2008, 07:27:33 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
that was 100 percent real emotions by KG....maybe if the knicks had some of that they wouldnt suck as bad

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2008, 07:35:26 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
LOL I fired off an e-mail questioning the validity of his statements and he fired an e-mail right back at me.  Here is the quick response:

First off, I am a huge KG fan.
But his post-game rant at courtside was BS....
I know he was in the moment, but show a little humility. Or is that too much to expect?

Would love an explanation of how he lacked humility on the sidelines. And if he did, he had the right considering how much criticism he has gotten over the years don't ya think? I guess hugging Russell and asking him if he was proud of the team was not good enough. KG also thanked Minnesota, Chicago and his birth place. A 'writer' who comes back with saying something is BS is the one who is BS.

He is still getting criticized after he wins the title. Nothing is good enough for these clowns.  ::)