Author Topic: Lakers (5-5) at Celtics (9-2) Game #12 11/8/17  (Read 62503 times)

Re: Lakers (5-5) at Celtics (9-2) Game #12 11/8/17
« Reply #660 on: November 08, 2017, 10:36:54 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
BYE BYE FAKERS!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #661 on: November 08, 2017, 10:37:52 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
great team effort by all with many starters out. great mental toughness.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #662 on: November 08, 2017, 10:38:13 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
This is why you step on teams neck and crush them when you have them down. Shame on CBS for not calling timeout to stem the Laker's comeback.

Lakers are gonna win this sad to say. No consistency. Where's the D man.

!remindmein2hours

Sick prognostication brah. THE SKY IS FALLING!

Please.

sigh...........i tried telling posters to RELAX all game.

It was pretty bad that the Celtics were up by 21 and then it became a 3-point deficit.

But a win against the Lakers that I'll take haaah. Aron Baynes straight dominating tonight.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #663 on: November 08, 2017, 10:38:26 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Ugly win but a win. Felt the mistakes on defense affected the offense tonight. This should have never been close. Morris, Theis, and Baynes had good games the rest of the guys not so much.

« Reply #664 on: November 08, 2017, 10:38:32 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Clarkson is a much better player than Ball. The Lakers blew the game by taking him out down the stretch.
Supposedly he can't play defense but he had twice as many steals as Smart despite 8 less minutes.  And he had the same number of rebounds (so far) despite all of Smart's intensity

Pretty sure Kyrie leads the league in steals so far. By this logic, he's then clearly the best defender in the league.  ::)

Only a fool would make the implication that Clarkson is a better defender than Smart.
Let's say Clarkson is playing Smart one on one to 100. Clarkson shoots 51% and Smart shoots 31%. Quick. Who played better defense?

Clarkson shoots significantly better from 3 point land than Smart shoots overall. He's that much better.

One guy doesn't drag his team down. The other does.

Lol you sound senile bro.

Smart isn't letting Clarkson shoot 51% on him in one on one, and Smart is going to take him to the post and shoot 60%.

Quit hating on Smart, I mean come on.
I don't get it. I'm supposed to tune into a game, see the young pup Lakers giving us a game on our own court, see Smart is 1 for 8 (surprise surprise) and I'm supposed to be like "hey this is great! Let's give him a huge extension! Oh his intense defense! It's so apparent!"

I mean...wow

« Reply #665 on: November 08, 2017, 10:41:02 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Enough with the insults and the “bro” talk.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #666 on: November 08, 2017, 10:41:13 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Clarkson is a much better player than Ball. The Lakers blew the game by taking him out down the stretch.
Supposedly he can't play defense but he had twice as many steals as Smart despite 8 less minutes.  And he had the same number of rebounds (so far) despite all of Smart's intensity

Pretty sure Kyrie leads the league in steals so far. By this logic, he's then clearly the best defender in the league.  ::)

Only a fool would make the implication that Clarkson is a better defender than Smart.
Let's say Clarkson is playing Smart one on one to 100. Clarkson shoots 51% and Smart shoots 31%. Quick. Who played better defense?

Clarkson shoots significantly better from 3 point land than Smart shoots overall. He's that much better.

Smart isn't letting Clarkson shoot 51% on him in one on one, and Smart is going to take him to the post and shoot 60%.

I don't get it. I'm supposed to tune into a game, see the young pup Lakers giving us a game on our own court, see Smart is 1 for 8 (surprise surprise) and I'm supposed to be like "hey this is great! Let's give him a huge extension! Oh his intense defense! It's so apparent!"

I mean...wow

Who's telling you to praise his shooting?

« Reply #667 on: November 08, 2017, 10:41:40 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

I mean...wow

This assessment of each players play truly confuses me.

Smart is a quality creator. There is a reason we have him on the ball so much.

Brad doesn't do that on accident.

« Reply #668 on: November 08, 2017, 10:42:02 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

I mean...wow

Smart offense is tough to watch! Love everything else he does though. I am doubtful he evers develops offense like Bradley.

« Reply #669 on: November 08, 2017, 10:43:08 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
Tatum walking in a boot "as a precaution"

What would this team look like without Hayward, Horford, and Tatum? Are we basically Kyrie + the defenders?
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #670 on: November 08, 2017, 10:44:01 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

I mean...wow

We're being told to look past his shooting.  We shouldn't do that. It would be a little like ignoring that a QB throws for 44% or that a WR drops every 3rd pass or that a pitcher throws a wild pitch every single game.

« Reply #671 on: November 08, 2017, 10:45:10 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Ugly win but a win. Felt the mistakes on defense affected the offense tonight. This should have never been close. Morris, Theis, and Baynes had good games the rest of the guys not so much.

Theis was a victim of a couple of bad calls tonight.

« Reply #672 on: November 08, 2017, 10:45:12 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Marcus had a rough 3 quarters but he did show up in the 4th and help put the game away. The whole team looks a little tired. Without Horford this team doesn't run the same.

« Reply #673 on: November 08, 2017, 10:45:34 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel

I mean...wow

We're being told to look past his shooting.  We shouldn't do that. It would be a little like ignoring that a QB throws for 44% or that a WR drops every 3rd pass or that a pitcher throws a wild pitch every single game.

Yeah. Because the only thing guards do in the game of basketball is shoot...
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #674 on: November 08, 2017, 10:46:08 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
well, just for fun, here are some interesting stats on smart's 3 point shooting.

if you include preseason, smart is 21/55, which is .382 from 3. he's also shooting .359 from 3 since the season opener.

super small sample size to be sure. i need to see a lot more to be convinced he can do it consistently, but, just thinking positive for now.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva