Author Topic: Lebron - Title hunt III  (Read 7710 times)

Re: Lebron - Title hunt III
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2017, 11:47:09 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Paul resigns in LAC. James moves there as an FA. Sign and trade Griffin for Melo. Wade signs for cheap. Jordan is shipped off for assets to make cap room.

Paul/Crawford
Wade/Rivers
Melo/Reddick/
James/Bass
VetMin FA/Asset from Jordan deal/Speights

Doesn't beat GSW but these guys have wanted to play together forever. This gives them a chance to do so in the bright lights of LAC where LeBron now has a house.

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2017, 12:01:12 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Paul resigns in LAC. James moves there as an FA. Sign and trade Griffin for Melo. Wade signs for cheap. Jordan is shipped off for assets to make cap room.

Paul/Crawford
Wade/Rivers
Melo/Reddick/
James/Bass

Doesn't beat GSW but these guys have wanted to play together forever. This gives them a chance to do so in the bright lights of LAC where LeBron now has a house.

And you just constructed what might end up being the most hated team in NBA history.   

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 12:30:58 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Paul/Crawford
Wade/Rivers
Melo/Reddick/
James/Bass

And you just constructed what might end up being the most hated team in NBA history.

Celtics might win the East though.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2017, 12:39:52 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I would be fascinated to see the banana boat team ever assembled. It would also be interesting to root for the really old players. I always have had a soft spot for players on the final two or three years of their career.

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2017, 12:41:46 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I think Kevin Love for Paul George makes a lot of sense for both teams.  Indiana gets a "star" locked up for longer term to try and build around, and Cleveland gets a much better defender for the inevitable Golden State matchup.  How much different does this series look if George or James is always guarding Durant and Cleveland has to hide one less player on defense?  I would think George would re-sign in Cleveland in that scenario, but if not, I think I still might do that trade if I'm Cleveland because it greatly increases their chances of winning next year and maximizing James' window (since he is already starting to slow, there just aren't that many years left).

I think its a lateral move at best for CLE & not sure it makes them that much better to beat GSW in the Finals.   You lose a good amount from Love that I'm not sure you can recoup from George.  Especially on the offensive play making end/rebounding wise.
George is a fine playmaker and a mich better passer than Love.  Obviously he isn't the rebounder Love is but he isn't bad.  He is however a significantly better defender.  Love can't guard Durant, George can.  Cleveland is losing the series  because it can't stop Durant.  George is also a lot more consistent than Love.  I mean look at Love's 3 games I  the finals, he is all over the place
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2017, 12:54:34 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Who says PG13 wants to go to Cleveland though? Are they willing to risk losing him after a season? If they could dump TT+picks/fillers for him, then they can match up much better. The truth is the Cavs are set up for the now with little assets to offer and no cap space. There "now" is great. Unfortunately for them, another team is even better.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2017, 12:58:47 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Who says PG13 wants to go to Cleveland though? Are they willing to risk losing him after a season? If they could dump TT+picks/fillers for him, then they can match up much better. The truth is the Cavs are set up for the now with little assets to offer and no cap space. There "now" is great. Unfortunately for them, another team is even better.
George has consistently said he wants to win.  He would be going to the best team in the East and will be that for the foreseeable future.  That team not only gives him the best chance to win, but also the biggest and longest contract.  Now maybe he leaves, but I just don't see that as all that likely unless he just doesn't get along with James (which again is unlikely since I can't recall a player disliking playing with James).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2017, 01:23:15 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
George has consistently said he wants to win.  He would be going to the best team in the East and will be that for the foreseeable future.  That team not only gives him the best chance to win, but also the biggest and longest contract.  Now maybe he leaves, but I just don't see that as all that likely unless he just doesn't get along with James (which again is unlikely since I can't recall a player disliking playing with James).

Pretty sure I remember PG was also critical of the Durant to GS move and said that he wants to beat Lebron, not join him.

I see no way of this happening. I think the PG to LA fairytale is more likely. In fact, I think it'd be more likely for them to team up somewhere in LA than in Cleveland, as The Ringer speculated today that Lebron might leave Cleveland in 2018 for LA.

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2017, 01:27:39 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Cleveland is losing the series because it lacks the depth and length that GS has.  They're relying almost entirely on James and Irving, with occasional (but not enough) support from Love, Smith and Korver.  It seemed at the end of game 3 those guys were gassed (or they just choked).  Thompson has been rendered irrelevant (Celtics should pay attention to how they are doing this!).

I do think adding George would help greatly, but they also need role players who can contribute.  I think part of the reason that GS's role players have success is coaching though, so maybe that's the best place to start.

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2017, 01:30:32 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
OR CLE dumps some combo of Tristan Thompson, Shumpert, JR Smith w/ all 3 salaries totaling around 40 million.
LeBron is going absolutely nowhere.  Your better than this.
this.
they would burn him alive if he left the Cavs(again, especially for the Celtics)

the cavs will be a lock in the east as long as they keep their core, so it makes no sense for him to go search elsewhere.
They will get better next year, and challenge the Warriors just fine.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2017, 01:36:36 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
OR CLE dumps some combo of Tristan Thompson, Shumpert, JR Smith w/ all 3 salaries totaling around 40 million.
LeBron is going absolutely nowhere.  Your better than this.
this.
they would burn him alive if he left the Cavs(again, especially for the Celtics)

the cavs will be a lock in the east as long as they keep their core, so it makes no sense for him to go search elsewhere.
They will get better next year, and challenge the Warriors just fine.

I said this in a different thread, but on the Bill Simmons podcast he said there is serious talk around the league that LeBron will leave Cleveland once his contract is up. People are saying he wants to end his career in LA. LeBron cares about 2 things: Stats and Rings. It's never been about the fans, it's never been about how he looks, it's always been about those 2 things mentioned. I don't think it's totally out of the realm of possibilities for him to leave again. Not saying it's a done deal, but it could happen.

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2017, 02:18:05 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
My premise when creating this thread was finding the easiest route for Lebron to a longterm powerhouse team that can match the Warriors for years to come. Many replies concentrated around the "banana boat crew", but that bunch doesn't scare me TBH from the Celtic perspective. Warriors would be delighted if he were to choose that path too. They are old and this sport is for the young.
We have spent billions of hours and letters written on CB about how we are magicaly set for the future. And when I inserted LBJ in our frame, a lot of replies were unconsciously telling there are better places to go. The LA. teams. I guess the BB crew would meat up at Docs hardwood. I just can't buy that. The media is pumping the Lakers story since he came into the league. I respectfully disagree to that narrative. They are irrelevant and they need need to come up with the stories. Only the Warriors are better set for the future and he is not going there. San Antonio could rival us, they have Kawhi and Pop afterall. But if purely titles are on his mind, Boston is the best place to go at the moment considering: Coach, GM, supporting cast, conference, straight finals made record legacy chase, ownerships willingness to spend and future assets. He could ride the wave untill he is 40+ years old. We are that good, we won 17 of these things and we haven't forgot how to do it again.

If a wife/husband could cheat 2 times, they can do it for the 3rd time too. So much for his Cleveland loyality. He won them a title to remember, beating a 73 win team down 3:1. That was his gracious gift to them. He is his own man, he earned that right.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2017, 02:26:33 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
I mean, isn't the easiest way to just follow Durant's example and join Golden State?

who cares about competition anymore?

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2017, 05:47:12 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
I mean, isn't the easiest way to just follow Durant's example and join Golden State?

who cares about competition anymore?
It would hurt his legacy (joining his rival Durant and GSW) and contract value. If it was 7 years ago, when he left for Miami, he would have joined them for sure.

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2017, 05:52:18 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff

Paul/Crawford
Wade/Rivers
Melo/Reddick/
James/Bass

Celtics might win the East though.
GSW would win that LAC team 4:-1 :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 06:17:37 AM by Androslav »