Author Topic: Woj: Boston And Indiana Now In "Serious Talks" For George  (Read 22488 times)

Re: Woj: Boston And Indiana Now In "Serious Talks" For George
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2017, 10:54:51 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Woj just talked about PG-to-Boston on the show. He said nothing tonight almost for sure, nothing really cooking, but the situation is "fluid."
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2017, 10:57:02 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
Woj just talked about PG-to-Boston on the show. He said nothing tonight almost for sure, nothing really cooking, but the situation is "fluid."

Whew, now I can go to sleep!  :laugh: (After 2nd round of course)

But yeah, that's understandable.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2017, 10:58:15 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
I mean to be honest I wouldn't mind trading Crowder and Bradley even without a George promise to extend. I mean all we are really losing is Avery Bradley who we may very well lose in a year anyway and Jae Crowder, a guy who plays the same position as our 2 #3 picks.

« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2017, 11:00:46 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Just a random thought: If we sign Hayward and get George for a reasonable number of assets, does it make sense to push all our chips and renew talks for Porzingis to create a super starting lineup that can compete for the NBA Championship? This kind of hyper aggressive move would increase the likeliness that George would stay.

Projected started lineup:

Horford

Porzingis

George

Hayward

Thomas

What might be part of the Porzingis offer?

Tatum

Brooklyn 2018

Brown

I know that posters are generally obsessed with the teenage bigs available in 2018 but you are probably getting both Porzingis and George for the long term, which is a huge haul.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 11:07:11 PM by Irish Stew »

« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2017, 11:08:32 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/878077787491319809

Utah will trade Nos. 30 and 42 to Lakers for No. 28, securing Tony Bradley, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Well, well, well, unless they up their offer to Ingram or Ball, which is very unlikely, looks like the Lakers are punting on a George trade this season.

That's great news for us so far. Maybe we'll be able to get George AND keep him away from LA for a year to help our LA pick out.

It's going to be really risky without an extension from PG13.

Ainge should honestly play it safe. Don't give up a valuable pick or even players.

I don't want to see AB + Crowder/Smart dealt, only to see PG13 bolt a year later. Nope.

Ehh just do it. I'm entirely done with Crowder in Celtics green. Bradley he's been hurt at the most pivotal times. Plus Brown should start at SG one day.

Maybe he will be convinced and he'll sign an extension with us once he fits with the Celtics culture. Plus, Ainge could pick up Gordon Hayward with the max.

Crowder is on a bargain contract for 3 more years and is a versatile 3-4. Efficient 3 and D guy. Even off the bench, can give you high energy minutes. There's a reason the C's have actually been reluctant to trade him.

Maybe AB could be gone because he could also command a ton in 2018 FA.

Problem is, you can't "hope" PG13 signs an extension here and be willing to give up good pieces in the process. Ainge is playing it right here.

Normally, I'd agree.

But, realistically, why would he go to LA? They aren't getting LeBron.

We'd be able to add the extra year for nearly $45M more. We'd have the winning culture. The owners willing to spend. The GM willing to gamble. The coach who brings it all together. Simply put, the best franchise. We'd have more than enough to convince him, IMO.

I don't want to give up too much for him because I love a lot of our guys, not because I don't think we can keep him. But if we know we are getting Hayward, it's time to consolidate our good players for another great one.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2017, 11:09:10 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
Just a random thought: If we sign Hayward and get George for a reasonable number of assets, does it make sense to push all our chips and renew talks for Porzingis to create a super starting lineup that can compete for the NBA Championship? This kind of hyper aggressive move would increase the likeliness that George would stay.

Horford

Porzingis

George

Hayward

Thomas

Tatum

Brooklyn 2018

Brown

I know that posters are generally obsessed with the teenage bigs available in 2018 but you are probably getting both Porzingis and George for the long term, which is a huge haul.

No that's too much, it guts the team, and you still have the issue of PG13 as a rental... If he bolts, then what?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2017, 11:10:50 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Horford

Porzingis

George

Hayward

Thomas

Tatum

Brooklyn 2018

Brown

No way is KP worth the last two number three picks AND the unprotected 2018 pick. That's insane.

That's AD territory.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2017, 11:11:44 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

Tatum

Brooklyn 2018

Brown

I wouldn't trade 2 of those 3 for KP, let alone all 3.

You're probably not getting PG for the long term. He's said he wants to go to LA, no idea why people don't believe him.

The obsessed posters are those intent on giving away everything for a slow big who can't play D and is an injury waiting to happen.

« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2017, 11:33:53 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I think the best package I offer, having had the oppty to analyze recent trades and returns, would be:

Jae Crowder + Avery Bradley + Terry Rozier + 2019 Memphis OR Lakers/Kings pick

Even this is an overpay.

« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2017, 12:05:05 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56

Tatum

Brooklyn 2018

Brown

I wouldn't trade 2 of those 3 for KP, let alone all 3.

You're probably not getting PG for the long term. He's said he wants to go to LA, no idea why people don't believe him.

The obsessed posters are those intent on giving away everything for a slow big who can't play D and is an injury waiting to happen.

I'm not concerned whether a deal is an overpay or underpay. If it gets us to leave Cleveland in the dust and makes us competitive in the NBA Finals year after year, it is by definition a great deal. As for George leaving a team that is perpetually in the Finals, I find it hard to believe that he would prefer playing with the ageing James and dealing with assorted members of the Ball family just to get hammered by Golden State. He could, of course, go to the Clippers, but either or both of Paul and Griffin may be gone. Clearly, my evaluation of the Unicorn's upside differs from many others. Apropos of absolutely nothing, I love the Ojeleye pick.

« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2017, 12:32:03 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Kevin Pritchard on Paul George's message: "For me it was a gut punch, a total gut punch."

https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor/status/878100006993113088

This sounds like it's freaking personal now. I wouldn't be surprised if they refuse to send PG to LA just to spite him at this point. In all seriousness, LA might have taken itself out of the running tonight. For the first time since this whole mess started, I'll say it: I think Paul George is going to be a Celtic.

Edit: I'd read Taylor's whole timeline. That situation is TOXIC.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2017, 12:39:23 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Kevin Pritchard on Paul George's message: "For me it was a gut punch, a total gut punch."

https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor/status/878100006993113088

This sounds like it's freaking personal now. I wouldn't be surprised if they refuse to send PG to LA just to spite him at this point. In all seriousness, LA might have taken itself out of the running tonight. For the first time since this whole mess started, I'll say it: I think Paul George is going to be a Celtic.

Edit: I'd read Taylor's whole timeline. That situation is TOXIC.

Yeah, I kind of got the same thing. It certainly seems personal, and with the Lakers not getting it done tonight, I think he would require LA to give him a HAUL for George at this point.

But I've long said that unless Indy would keep him all year, which would never happen, the Lakers best bet of getting George and keeping him is to trade for him now. He's not leaving a Boston team for a likely bottom-5 team again in LA, for less money at that. It'd also kill his legacy as a winner if he did.

And with him saying that they're not going to take a bad deal for him now, I think we're clearly the frontrunners to get him at this point. It'll be interesting to see what route they go this summer with George and then free agency. I've read several Celtics beat writers who suggested that it looks like they have big plans for this summer in upgrading the team.

« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2017, 12:45:03 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
https://twitter.com/celtics/status/878111260029718529?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

Ainge tells media there are deals that he might like to do, but "I’m feeling great about where we are today, about our night tonight."

« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2017, 12:50:45 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
https://twitter.com/celtics/status/878111260029718529?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

Ainge tells media there are deals that he might like to do, but "I’m feeling great about where we are today, about our night tonight."

I really do hope we end up getting PG13.

A team of IT, Brown, George, Tatum, Horford, can be a match up nightmare. Plenty of players that can help switch, and make up for their size at their respective positions to help benefit the weakness in IT.

Unless we get Hayward that is... :)
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2017, 12:53:11 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Danny is a GM perpetually in serious talks on some trade or other.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain