Author Topic: WWE  (Read 163514 times)

Re: WWE
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2009, 03:09:25 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
It was bad.  The last two wrestlemanias were much better.  Taker-HBK stole the show, but the person I was more impressed with was Ricky Steamboat, he was great.  He was amazing in the ring.  He showed hardly any rust at all.  Snuka and Piper were awful as expected.  Cena winning was expected, the match was decent, triple H-Randy Orton was just bad though.  The show surprised me quite a bit a actually because there was not one surprise.  No run ins, nothing at all. 

i know it will never happen, but someone, be it vince or shane, needs to reign in the whole "hunter is ALWAYS the champ or number one contender" angle that steph constanly pushes as head booker.

I mean, i know its her husband, but she has to develop more people for M/E status as head of creative.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2009, 03:16:23 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
the few things that stood out for me from last nights wrestlemania were:

taker vs hbk was unbelievable

ricky the dragon was awesome for his age

it was AWESOME seeing stone cold!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2009, 03:58:43 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
It was bad.  The last two wrestlemanias were much better.  Taker-HBK stole the show, but the person I was more impressed with was Ricky Steamboat, he was great.  He was amazing in the ring.  He showed hardly any rust at all.  Snuka and Piper were awful as expected.  Cena winning was expected, the match was decent, triple H-Randy Orton was just bad though.  The show surprised me quite a bit a actually because there was not one surprise.  No run ins, nothing at all. 

i know it will never happen, but someone, be it vince or shane, needs to reign in the whole "hunter is ALWAYS the champ or number one contender" angle that steph constanly pushes as head booker.

I mean, i know its her husband, but she has to develop more people for M/E status as head of creative.

Legit, they built Randy Orton up so well and then made him and Legacy look so weak just by last night.  How was DiBiase and Rhodes not by the ring at one point during that match?  They dropped the ball with this Mania, they had a chance to really make Randy Orton the biggest heel of the company in a long time and they just blew it.  I'm going to give it two more weeks and see what happens tonight and the draft the week after and if I'm not liking it, I'm probably going to stop watching, I am just so tired of Triple H.
do it

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2009, 04:05:04 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Legit, they built Randy Orton up so well and then made him and Legacy look so weak just by last night.  How was DiBiase and Rhodes not by the ring at one point during that match?  They dropped the ball with this Mania, they had a chance to really make Randy Orton the biggest heel of the company in a long time and they just blew it.  I'm going to give it two more weeks and see what happens tonight and the draft the week after and if I'm not liking it, I'm probably going to stop watching, I am just so tired of Triple H.

agreed on orton, also, how is jericho, your second best heel, saddled with the legands match?

im not saying that was a bad match to have (and steamboat did look awesome from what i read on the sites) but ANY heel could have done that match and gotten a pop off it.

Its not a pop for jericho, he's already a top heel. thats a bad booking decision. That match HAS to be used to build heat for a younger heel.

It didn't even make sense, Y2J is no spring chicken at this point, shouldn't that have been a young guy to play on the whole New school vs old school angle?

I wish TNA wasen't god awful, because if it was any good, mabey it would push the WWE to get back to good stroytelling. It seems like the monopoly has dulled creative.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2009, 06:18:23 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
i havent watched wrestling since yokozuna put undertaker in the coffin.

was the hitman bret hart there?

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2009, 06:20:20 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I'm a closet wrestling fan too - thought about ordering mania, but 55 bucks was hard to swallow - reading the reviews I'm glad I didn't, but will put it on my netflix to see Michaels/Taker
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2009, 06:25:27 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
I agree on Y2J, the match was actually very good.  Y2J and Steamboat did a great job, but someone like Santino Marella could have done that.  It was hilarious seeing him win Ms. Wrestlemania, but I would have rather had Y2J in the triple threat instead of Big Show, and yes the romance angle wouldn't have worked, but they could have figured something else out.  Y2J working a match with Edge would have been AMAZING.
do it

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2009, 11:43:08 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Last nights raw was ok, I’d give it a B, but it was hurt by the fact that they had to recap WM25 for all who didn’t buy it, so it did well to earn a B.

The Return of batista is great for the company, he’s on of the only “wow” wrestlers left power wise. Can’t cut a promo, but just an awesome “animal” type character. He’s like a super jacked George the animal. Good to see them take Vince out of the Evolution-WWE first family fued.

Back to that, I really, really dislike how they are doing the evolution vs. HHH and friends angle. With the new stipulation to the back lash 3 v 3, its pretty clear that shane or batista is going to get pinned by Orton, giving Orton the title while maintaining the “hunter job’s to no one”  aura and giving hunter instant #1 contender status as the champ who lost his belt without being pinned. Note to hunter: put someone other than shawn over once in awhile, it doesn’t mean your not a top guy in the company.

Allstar match was awesome, glad they brought ricky back for the fans who didn’t grab WM25 to see, he was unbelievable for his age in this match. Guys still got it.

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2009, 12:03:43 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Last nights raw was ok, I’d give it a B, but it was hurt by the fact that they had to recap WM25 for all who didn’t buy it, so it did well to earn a B.

The Return of batista is great for the company, he’s on of the only “wow” wrestlers left power wise. Can’t cut a promo, but just an awesome “animal” type character. He’s like a super jacked George the animal. Good to see them take Vince out of the Evolution-WWE first family fued.

Back to that, I really, really dislike how they are doing the evolution vs. HHH and friends angle. With the new stipulation to the back lash 3 v 3, its pretty clear that shane or batista is going to get pinned by Orton, giving Orton the title while maintaining the “hunter job’s to no one”  aura and giving hunter instant #1 contender status as the champ who lost his belt without being pinned. Note to hunter: put someone other than shawn over once in awhile, it doesn’t mean your not a top guy in the company.

Allstar match was awesome, glad they brought ricky back for the fans who didn’t grab WM25 to see, he was unbelievable for his age in this match. Guys still got it.

I think this is a set up to either turn HHH or Batista heel.  Most likely Batista. 

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2009, 01:06:21 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

I think this is a set up to either turn HHH or Batista heel.  Most likely Batista. 

thats the thing, HHH is a heel, in theroy anyway. This was just a way to make him a face for WM, so he could retain, since traditionaly faces win to end storylines at WM.

I agree on batista though, they could have him turn on hunter and join evolution. The question is though, who does hunter then get to fight them to be legit? i mean, shane doesn't count as a legit worker, they'd have to turn HHH full face and give him a stable (DX reborn with a few new members? Punk and jericho mabey?)

or, the ultimate new DX lineup (for me) Edge, Jericho (turned back into cocky jackass from stright edge heel as he is now), HBK, and Hunter.

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2009, 12:11:51 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
i been lookin at he post n replies

wrestlin seems to have turn into a big soap opera

what happened to the plow driver and the cobra clucth, the choke slam?

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2009, 12:46:11 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
i been lookin at he post n replies

wrestlin seems to have turn into a big soap opera

what happened to the plow driver and the cobra clucth, the choke slam?

they still do them, the story's are just more advanced than good guy vs pure bad guy.

wrestling's always been a soap opera, it's just now they've given up trying to sell that its "real" to fans.

Which is for the best, although its no where near as good as it was from 96-2001.

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2009, 09:43:13 AM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msDE-kvqTiQ

nvm, embedding was disabled... my bad.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 10:03:23 AM by PaulPierce34G »

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2009, 10:05:49 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
any predictions for the draft next monday? I have a couple

1. Most obvious (in my mind) is that Miz better find a new tag team partner. Morrison is too good both on the mic as a cocky heel and in the ring as a worker to stay in the tag ranks anymore, and dropping the titles to the colon's sets them up to be split. I see them split up with Morrison going wherever rey goes (im guessing raw, but could be Smack down) and feuding for the IC championship to get his singles career underway.

Miz, i dunno, he might stay in ECW, or go to smackdown. If he goes to raw, he's screwed, since he'll be jobbing.

2. Edge goes to raw to be with vikki

3. Orton and legacy go to SMackdown and HHH comes to raw.

4. swaggert goes to a major brand, or if he stays put he fueds with evan bourne (i think they'll be taking bourne down the CM punk route and making him the star of ECW.)

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2009, 11:25:14 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
I agree on Edge going to raw, but I think Legacy stays on raw.  Randy Orton is too good to be on smackdown.  If they put him on smackdown, I'd be extremely disappointed.  I can see Evan Bourne hopping over to raw or smackdown and going after the IC or USA.  I think CM Punk should go over to smackdown to try to get more main event time.  I can see Shelton or MVP coming to raw as well as both are due for a big push.
do it