Author Topic: 3 team trade Idea - Dallas, Boston, Phoenix  (Read 1062 times)

3 team trade Idea - Dallas, Boston, Phoenix
« on: January 15, 2019, 01:04:10 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
Rumors that Dallas is interested in moving Dennis Smith Jr.  There are spotty rumors that Phoenix may or may not be interested.  How about a 3 team deal.

Boston trades - Terry Rozier and the ? pick and the Clippers Pick
Dallas trades - Dennis Smith Jr.
Phoenix trades - Josh Jackson

Boston Gets - Dennis Smith Jr
Phoenix gets - Terry Rozier and a pick
Dalls gets - Josh Jackson and the Clippers Pick

Boston gets an asset for Rozier and someone who can score in bunches off the bench.  Plus legit backup plan if Kyrie pulls a Boozer and bolts.  Phoenix has been known to target Rozier in the past.  Dallas gets a good young player at a position of need who does not take the ball out of Doncic's hands.

Thoughts?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/2772/dennis-smith-jr

Re: 3 team trade Idea - Dallas, Boston, Phoenix
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 01:34:19 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
TP for an idea that hypothetically works for all parties. I would consider it without the extra pick going to DAL - they should be totally satisfied turning Smith Jr into Josh Jackson. I’d send whatever our worst 1st is to PHX since years of team control/money is a factor.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 01:41:34 PM by jambr380 »

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 01:47:33 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
TP for an idea that hypothetically works for all parties. I would consider it without the extra pick going to DAL - they should be totally satisfied turning Smith Jr into Josh Jackson. I’d send whatever our worst 1st is to PHX since years of team control/money is a factor.

Thanks,  The C's can use a player that can get to the hoop.  DSJ has proven he can do that.  Rozier needs to be a starter and play 30+ minutes to be effective.  Jackson has been up and down with Phoenix and a change of scenery may be good for his career.  It allows the C's to pick up a player that is cheap for the next few years replacing Rozier and letting CBS develop this kid.  Practicing with Kyrie helps as well.  I like DSJ and i'd love this deal.  Kid is in his 2nd year so he has some limited experience versus going through the typical rookie struggles.

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 01:49:21 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
we're not giving up arguably the best player in this deal plus 2 first rounders -- especially to get Dennis Smith.  Rozier's having a craptastic season but prior to this year, and arguably playing in a new environment, would show as the best player.

no thanks.  not enamored with Smith.  Not against moving Rozier but I'd prefer a vet PG that can run an offense, play D and hit an outside shot on a regular basis.  Smith's not that.

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 05:11:57 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I dont hate it.