Author Topic: Michael Porter Jr. Watch Thread  (Read 16310 times)

Re: Michael Porter Jr. Watch Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2017, 01:40:40 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
The guy who surpasses Durant will be a robot
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2017, 02:33:40 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'm not going to deny the skillset and the potential, but I think I'm one of the few, if not, the only one who thinks we SHOULD NOT target Michael Porter, Jr., and instead try to get either Mohamed Bamba, DeAndre Ayton, or both.

We have Gordon Hayward and Jayson Tatum. One is offensively capable, the other one is offensively gifted. I just see how he will fit with those two, elite skills and all.

Ayton and Bamba, on the other hand, fills a need. Horford isn't getting any younger, and both these kids could be the future of the Center position. Long, athletic, skilled, showing some semblance of a jumper that can be improved. It's something we really need, and they have the talent and the potential to be special.

My dream is to be able to draft both 7 footers, and we can roll a lineup of Hayward - Tatum - Bamba - Ayton moving forward. . .
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2017, 06:46:13 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I'm not going to deny the skillset and the potential, but I think I'm one of the few, if not, the only one who thinks we SHOULD NOT target Michael Porter, Jr., and instead try to get either Mohamed Bamba, DeAndre Ayton, or both.

We have Gordon Hayward and Jayson Tatum. One is offensively capable, the other one is offensively gifted. I just see how he will fit with those two, elite skills and all.

Ayton and Bamba, on the other hand, fills a need. Horford isn't getting any younger, and both these kids could be the future of the Center position. Long, athletic, skilled, showing some semblance of a jumper that can be improved. It's something we really need, and they have the talent and the potential to be special.

My dream is to be able to draft both 7 footers, and we can roll a lineup of Hayward - Tatum - Bamba - Ayton moving forward. . .
interesting perspective. I'm not one to draft for need but I understand the concerns around horford and the need for a prospect behind him or potential  frontcourt partner

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2017, 06:51:36 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I would say Kevin Durant is both taller and longer than Porter. Probably more athletic when he was younger. He was also a better prospect.

Kevin Durant is 1 of 1.
kevin Durant couldn't bench press 1 rep of 180 lbs at the draft combine, so not sure what athleticism you're referring to. I don't think anyone's arguing whether durants inch taller makes a big difference. The point is many scouts see Durant in porter. Its hard not to. We would be very lucky to have him

Clearly Durant wouldn't have made a good Offensive tackle.

That's the worst critique of a basketball player's athleticism I've ever seen.

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2017, 07:17:02 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

Hayward and Tatum are 3s. Porter and Bagley are 4s. Zizic is prob the C of the future..

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2017, 08:21:08 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Hayward and Tatum are 3s. Porter and Bagley are 4s. Zizic is prob the C of the future..

I thinkn Hayward can slot in at the SG just fine.

And while I do understand that neither Bamba nor Ayton are listed as PF's, their quickness for their size, and their potential to be able to make shots from distance makes it fine to slot either of them to either big spots.

You practically re-create the Twin Towers with those two if you get them both, with Hayward and with Tatum, and they could impact the game without being a heavy usage player. Bagley, as talented as he is, might need more touches, and with Tatum and Hayward's game predicated on touches, he might not be a good fit.

If you just get one of them, you still get an excellent prospect that could be a piece that fits moving forward.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Mike Porter JR doesn't miss At One on One
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2017, 01:48:43 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 He plays against Steph Curry, Fultz, Dennis Smith Jr, nobody can stop him, slow him down, nothing. He's Jayson Tatum, but bigger, stronger and taller.

.https://youtu.be/wstV056l380
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 11:40:53 AM by KG Living Legend »

Re: Mike Porter JR doesn't miss At One on One
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2017, 08:06:27 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
https://youtu.be/wstV056l380

I think that's the video you wanted. Yours is Curry smoking kids at some shooting drill.
#JKJB

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2017, 08:26:57 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

I think that's the video you wanted. Yours is Curry smoking kids at some shooting drill.

Everyone guarding him in this video seem to have the height of a PG.  lol

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2017, 10:35:35 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

They are all guards... if he can do that to KD/Kawhi then i will be impressed

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2017, 10:47:17 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

They are all guards... if he can do that to KD/Kawhi then i will be impressed

True. But still, this is the most impressive clip I've seen of him yet. His fine motor skills and size as a wing or CBS PF look unicorn-like. He could be the highest upside #2 pick since KD, with similar skills.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2017, 11:41:14 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

TP Future. Thanks.

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2017, 10:24:23 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

doesnt matter to me. if he's able to use quickness against these point guards, he'll roast the 3s and 4s in the NBA.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2017, 05:00:40 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I mean, it's a highlight reel. Of course he doesn't miss.

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2017, 05:28:28 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
He looks like RJ Hunter and Lonzo Ball had a kid.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class