Author Topic: 494 error accessing forums  (Read 7193 times)

494 error accessing forums
« on: November 06, 2020, 09:49:31 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Been getting a "494 error" the past couple of days when trying to access the forums.  no rhyme or reason as to when it pops up but I can be accessing the forums with no issue and suddenly it just pops up.  at best, access is out (for me personally) for a few hours if not the rest of the day.

Anyone else getting this or is it just me?

Re: 494 error accessing forums
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 09:55:44 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Been getting a "494 error" the past couple of days when trying to access the forums.  no rhyme or reason as to when it pops up but I can be accessing the forums with no issue and suddenly it just pops up.  at best, access is out (for me personally) for a few hours if not the rest of the day.

Don't know anything about this.  Is it when you try to access from your phone or computer or just generally?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 09:56:28 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I got it on election night for several hours.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 09:58:49 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Idk if this is a related or different issue, but idk why I keep having to log back into my account like every so often now. I thought I set it to "stay logged in" mode so I don't have to keep entering my password. Any way to fix this issue as well mods or IT dept?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 10:14:40 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Don't know anything about this.  Is it when you try to access from your phone or computer or just generally?
it's happened when accessing via my laptop or mac as well as different times of the day

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2020, 10:18:20 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

it's happened when accessing via my laptop or mac as well as different times of the day

You probably want to reach out to byennie.

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2020, 10:21:54 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Idk if this is a related or different issue, but idk why I keep having to log back into my account like every so often now. I thought I set it to "stay logged in" mode so I don't have to keep entering my password. Any way to fix this issue as well mods or IT dept?

Yeah, I used to go months without having to log back in, now it is every couple of hours. The weirdest part is that it's never when I close Chrome and open it back up; only when I'm already in the forums.

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2020, 10:46:26 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Yeah, I used to go months without having to log back in, now it is every couple of hours. The weirdest part is that it's never when I close Chrome and open it back up; only when I'm already in the forums.
Interesting.  Have you tried just closing the tab Chrome is running in rather than closing the browser?

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2020, 10:47:02 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Today I have been having to log back in every 60 to 90 minutes even though I select "stay logged on"

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2020, 11:34:47 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I did.  haven't heard back from him or has the 'admin@celticsstrong.com' email not working?

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2020, 11:47:20 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

I did.  haven't heard back from him or has the 'admin@celticsstrong.com' email not working?

No idea.  That's above my paygrade.