Poll

In September 2022, how good will RWIII be?

no longer playing pro basketball
0 (0%)
out of the NBA (overseas, BIG3, etc.)
0 (0%)
fringe NBA player [G League/two-way/training camp filler/10-day candidate (e.g., James Young, RJ Hunter)]
3 (4.7%)
NBA - end of bench player (fully guaranteed contract)
12 (18.8%)
NBA - key rotation player/borderline starter
17 (26.6%)
NBA starter
28 (43.8%)
NBA star
4 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: Poll Prediction: In September 2022, how good will RWIII be...  (Read 3015 times)

Poll Prediction: In September 2022, how good will RWIII be...
« on: September 19, 2018, 02:25:56 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
included unlikely outcomes  :P

Re: Poll Prediction: In September 2022, how good will RWIII be...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 04:03:47 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I am very hopeful of Williams becoming a solid NBA starter or better. I am by no means certain he will but I have hope. He definitely has the tools to be really good.

I was very impressed by him his freshman year and thought he might be one of the best players in the NCAA his sophomore year, but playing in a horrid two center system with bad coaching caused him to not develop one bit. He most likely will be brought on slowly with this season dedicated to him learning to be the best defensive player he can be in Stevens' system. So, he probably won't be a starter until his 3rd or 4th year, right around 2022.

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 05:19:19 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
That is a long time to wait to find out who was right.

My prediction/vote was rotation/starter.  Kind of circa 2012 Larry Sanders.

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 02:59:35 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
included unlikely outcomes  :P

I voted, optimistically, for Starter, but Not Playing Professional Ball has a significant chance of happening, too.

I’m not sure that I know which of these outcomes is unlikely.

He’s got a chronic condition an$ it’s not possible to gauge how much it might affect him.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 04:29:30 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
lol I dont know which is more surprising the two that voted NBA star or the 9 that voted NBA starter.

Oh wait.... question was 2022? Hmmmmm maybe not as laughable as i thought.

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 05:19:18 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Where is the option for scariest rim protector in th history of Mankind? Or the fastest Rim runner of all time? Or the Easiest person to throw a lob too since Wilt.

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 05:22:49 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Seriously though don't be surprised if this kids awesome, If there were no red flags he was the 12th rated prospect by some experts.

We really got hooked up with a lottery talent, it's up to him to seize this golden opportunity he has.

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 05:44:13 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
His skill set offers Capela upside as is, if he applies himself and the coaching staff does their job to integrate him. A pg with the passing ability of Kyrie can make a player like him an exceptional rim runner. If he learns the pick and roll, look out. And if he really puts it all together and develops a remotely consistent jumper, I think he has Draymond potential, just not giving off the vibes of the high bball IQ and competitiveness of Green.

Realistically, I think him being the 8th or 9th guy in the rotation and a 8/10/2blk per game player would be awesome.

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 12:36:04 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I am hopeful that he will be better than previously overhyped guys like Jordan Bell.

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2018, 01:20:51 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
His skill set offers Capela upside as is, if he applies himself and the coaching staff does their job to integrate him. A pg with the passing ability of Kyrie can make a player like him an exceptional rim runner. If he learns the pick and roll, look out. And if he really puts it all together and develops a remotely consistent jumper, I think he has Draymond potential, just not giving off the vibes of the high bball IQ and competitiveness of Green.

Realistically, I think him being the 8th or 9th guy in the rotation and a 8/10/2blk per game player would be awesome.

That's exactly the type of player I was thinking as well. Right now he can't create his own shot or post up but he's been lethal rolling to the rim off pick and rolls. Apparently his focus right now on the offensive end is how to be a better screener because that's how he can immediately contribute. Obviously defensively he's a solid rim protector, just needs to get better when he is switched on quicker, smaller players.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2018, 01:36:30 AM »

Offline Kaz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 73
My baseline prediction is a more athletic version of healthy Festus Ezeli - big guy doing big guy things on a 3-chucking team in a situational role.  That probably doesn't sound sexy, but it's how I expect him to progress and such a player would be pretty valuable to the Celtics.

If he becomes the next Capela, awesome, but I'll have to see...

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2018, 02:08:40 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
On another team, is my prediction.

As for what role, I'm going to say 15-20 minute backup because that's where pretty much all non shooting centers are headed these days.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2018, 02:20:43 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
On another team, is my prediction.

As for what role, I'm going to say 15-20 minute backup because that's where pretty much all non shooting centers are headed these days.
Except for all the non-shooting big men who are still influential in the league.

Drummond, Gobert, Capela, Whiteside, DeAndre Jordan, Steven Adams & Dwight Howard (this season has been quite a roller coaster for him, but he is still a starter) are all still influential guys with no shooting ability who are big players on their team.

Then there are youngsters like Jarrett Allen, DeAndre Ayton, Mitchell Robinson and our very own TimeLord who all look like they’ll be influential players in the long run. Really not sure where your claim of the extinction of non-shooting big men comes from. Not to mention the growing trend of previously non-shooting big men like Gasol, Aldridge, Lopez & Vucevic developing range.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2018, 03:04:36 AM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
His upside is higher than Capela’s. He looks like a good, maybe a really good passer, has good feel. A big who can pass out of a roll to the basket is gold.

He’s going to be a badass rebounder on both boards if this keeps up. His block percentage is a ridiculous 13.4%, not including the Atlanta game, where he had five in 16 minutes.  Yes, it’s a small sample size. Does anyone doubt that at least 50% of that is sustainable?

It sounds like he’s a worker and coachable.

A future of starting on a contender is a real possibility.

But I don’t like what I see with his legs - maybe I’m biased because I know he has PAES. There’s a good chance, I call it 33%, that he’s no longer playing in four years.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2018, 05:05:15 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
He's already much better than both Deandre and Capela when they were rookies. I don't think Capela and DJ have the court vision Timelord has either. The only thing that can hold back his success are injuries and himself.