Author Topic: Would Denver make this deal.  (Read 9700 times)

Re: Would Denver make this deal.
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2013, 11:28:29 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I like and appreciate Ty Lawson more than most, but come on... he's not even in the same league as Rondo.

Agreed totally. I usually don't post in these threads but I feel this discussion is getting way out of line.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2013, 11:39:23 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

OK then switching it up. Would anybody here swap Rondo for either Farried or Lawson, not much else in the deal for the Celts. Would you do that.

Yup. I would deal Rondo for Lawson, straight up.

I think Lawson is a better player. Denver would likely want to pair Rondo with Faried and McGee (think lob city.)

You could probably set something up where they deal us Lawson and Chandler for Rondo and a future 1st. Add in filler on either side to make it equal out.

I think that's simply absurd, Rondo is a freaking ALL-STAR. Jeez, he is so underrated by Boston fans.

Honestly, Lawson and Chandler would probably be the best value we could get from trading Rondo. I agree that Rondo is a better player than Lawson, but only by a small margin.

I'd do that trade. Not sure if Denver would agree to it, though.

Rondo is worth Dwyane Wade or something. Nobody can trade fair value for him because he means more to Danny than any other GM. I don't see anyone taking him, unless they "overpay" in the eyes of NBA analysts. We just view Rondo differently than most others.

Yes, he means so much that Danny tries to trade him every chance he gets. Seriously, I think most of us would agree that Rondo is better than Lawson. But some of you are seriously overrating him. I think a Chandler/Lawson deal would be a fair return for Rondo.

Our 15-4 record has a lot to do with Rondo's absence. I don't know why some fans are trying to avoid the truth. I also think Lawson would be a much better fit with this current Celtics team than Rondo.

And Dwayne Wade? Really now... We couldn't even get Steph Curry for him.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 11:46:39 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I like and appreciate Ty Lawson more than most, but come on... he's not even in the same league as Rondo.

Agreed totally. I usually don't post in these threads but I feel this discussion is getting way out of line.

You post in every thread bro.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2013, 12:00:35 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

OK then switching it up. Would anybody here swap Rondo for either Farried or Lawson, not much else in the deal for the Celts. Would you do that.

I think Lawson is a better player. Denver would likely want to pair Rondo with Faried and McGee (think lob city.)

You could probably set something up where they deal us Lawson and Chandler for Rondo and a future 1st. Add in filler on either side to make it equal out.

I think that's simply absurd, Rondo is a freaking ALL-STAR. Jeez, he is so underrated by Boston fans.

Honestly, Lawson and Chandler would probably be the best value we could get from trading Rondo. I agree that Rondo is a better player than Lawson, but only by a small margin.

Rondo is worth Dwyane Wade or something. Nobody can trade fair value for him because he means more to Danny than any other GM. I don't see anyone taking him, unless they "overpay" in the eyes of NBA analysts. We just view Rondo differently than most others.

He's only worth what people are willing to pay. I wouldn't trade him for Wade though. Wrong side of his prime, he will start to wear down soon (already?).

I'd need a deal centered around someone close to Rondo's age. We can't get equal talent, so someone not too far below (top 12 at position), along with another starter-level player and maybe a late 1st would be a very good haul IMO.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2013, 12:06:09 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

He's only worth what people are willing to pay. I wouldn't trade him for Wade though. Wrong side of his prime, he will start to wear down soon (already?).

I'd need a deal centered around someone close to Rondo's age. We can't get equal talent, so someone not too far below (top 12 at position), along with another starter-level player and maybe a late 1st would be a very good haul IMO.

He's worth what he's able to provide us with when he plays. It would be stupid to trade him for less than equal talent. This isn't Dwight on the Magic or Deron on the Jazz, there's no pressing need to trade him *especially* in order to downgrade our talent.

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2013, 12:19:38 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Wade was a hypothetical but that's where you're wrong. He isn't worth what people are willing to pay. If he is worth one DMC, that doesn't mean DMC would contribute to our team exactly as much as Rondo does. If he's worth one lottery pick, that doesn't mean the lottery pick is worth just as much as Rondo is to this team.

Rondo is a part of our team, and his worth can't be expressed in the value of other players exactly, because other GMs don't value him as highly as we do. Therefore, it'd be in our best interests to keep him. Unless we get the value Danny is looking for.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2013, 12:59:05 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23

Wade was a hypothetical but that's where you're wrong. He isn't worth what people are willing to pay. If he is worth one DMC, that doesn't mean DMC would contribute to our team exactly as much as Rondo does. If he's worth one lottery pick, that doesn't mean the lottery pick is worth just as much as Rondo is to this team.

Rondo is a part of our team, and his worth can't be expressed in the value of other players exactly, because other GMs don't value him as highly as we do. Therefore, it'd be in our best interests to keep him. Unless we get the value Danny is looking for.

just sign timofey mozgov, and trade bass for varejao, problem solve

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 07:34:15 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Even if it was Rondo for Faried, they wouldn't do it.

Put down the crack pipe bro. They'd give us at least Faried+Chandler+ a first. Perhaps even Lawson and Kenneth'no defense' Faried.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2013, 08:13:30 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Why would Denver mess up with such a beautiful PG rotation? They have a very talented young player in Lawson, and the veteran leader in Miller.
No way they will be giving away Faried to bring Rondo there.

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2013, 08:28:05 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I think rondo is extremely overated around here

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2013, 09:03:53 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
I wouldn't say overrated. We value him a lot here. Everywhere else, not so much. No crack pipes involved. Just reality.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2013, 09:25:36 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think this trade shows a profound lack of basketball IQ.   Farreid would be a better player with RR on the team.  No one could alley opp as well as him.

No, I don't think they would do it and I don't think we would do it because we would have some parts which would not mesh.

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2013, 10:27:54 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
denver says no
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2013, 10:32:36 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Denver won't do this.

They would probably do something centered around Rondo for Lawson and Iggy.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2013, 11:15:48 AM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37

When Possible Rondo plus first for Wilson Chandler, Kenneth Farried, and Lawson.

For the Celts tough to turn down IMO. Would the Nuggets want something else back Sully perhaps.
Farried is too valuable to the Nuggets, especially since he would have to be packaged with other quality talent. Besides he would play best WITH Rondo. They'd talk about a deal centered around Lawson and some picks though.

Denver won't do this.

They would probably do something centered around Rondo for Lawson and Iggy.
I don't know about giving up Iggy after trading for him so recently, plus if the Celtics move Rondo they would most likely want a big in return.

I think a deal centered around Lawson, Javale Mcgee and maybe 2 future first rounders:
Boston:
Ty Lawson, Javale McGee, Anthony Randolph, 2013 first rounder and protected 2014 first rounder.

Nuggets:
Rondo, Bass and Melo

Maybe instead we take their first rounder this year and the right to swap next year? Thats the kind of haul Danny would be looking for though. A quality big, PG that fits into our current ball movement system, young talent in the form of Randolph and at least 1 first rounder if not 2 (plus you dump Bass).