Author Topic: Danny is lost  (Read 18654 times)

Re: Danny is lost
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2014, 10:32:14 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Overall, I think it's way too soon to judge Danny for this year.  There may be a good reason why he didn't get Asik, Afflalo, etc.  There's a long way to go before the start of the season.  If the starting lineup is a Rondo/Smart/Bradley combo with Green, Bass, and Anthony, then you will have every reason to Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline....but, until then, I think its premature ainge-aculation. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2014, 10:34:28 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Reasons

- hires a coach with zero nba coaching experience. This to me is a signal for a full rebuild (oh the trading of KG and Pierce didn't signal that for you?)
- but he doesnt do that. Keeps Rondo, Bass, Green. If we trade all of these guys we def get a top 3 or 4 pick (deals that never existed in reality but we should have done them)
-  cant find a way to trade wallace, humphries, bogans (too early to say.. and 2 of them are UFA.......)
- lets everyone know that Rondo is here to stay for the long run (I dont even know what to say to this, .. but let me put it plainly.. it would be bad if Danny said anything other then that)
- then drafts Smart (and Young)  instead of addressing some serious needs upfront (like having one flat tire) (too early to say, reaching here)
- doesnt pickup Asik, Afflalo, Louis Williams, Lucas Nogueira (all that would of cost a fair price to obtain) (too early to say, reaching again)
- cant bring in any top undrafted players to the SL squad. (now I think you're just trolling)

« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2014, 10:38:43 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The Fire Danny crowd is already trying to locate their pitchforks...

Some of them might not have the stomach for losing and leave the forums and quit following the team. 

- Trade Green and Bass for a 1st and expiring contracts/propects

I am sure there were no takers.   One can only deal if the other team plays ball.   No one did on Bass yet.  You just don't make a move for the sake of making one.

- Use the 1st to obtain Asik (create the space somehow or it should of been done last season)

Again didn't happen, pretty sure their were talks but Morey did not go long with it.   Maybe get out your fantasy mind control ring.   In the real world, guys make deals because it benefits them or the team or because they had no other option.   THEY TOOK ANOTHER OPTION!   once our picks dropped in value due to the lotto they were a lot less attractive.

- Trade a future 1st , 2nd pick, 2014 6th pick, salary match for Afflalo and the 2014 4th pick

Again didn't happen this is not NBA Live.   Other teams have motives and maybe they liked a 4th pick whose position was known over a future first whose position would be worse if we had a better player.   

- Trade Rondo to the Kings for the 8th pick and Mclemore.

McLemore can't shoot. They took Staukas with the 8th pick because Ben can't play in the pros well.   I will go on record as saying that Rondo will be a better pro than Staukas so this is a bad trade for us and Danny was wise not to do it.

The lineup then would of looked like

Asik
KO/Sully
Afflalo
Mclemore
Exum (4th pick)

Bench
James Young (17th pick)
etc.

Saric (8th pick) draft and stash

Talk about a team that will be mired in mediocrity and not winning anything.   I doubt they could win the Atlantic.   Saric knows he is not NBA ready or he would be playing here instead of Turkey.

Would you rather have this lineup above that is ready to make the playoffs and has a bright future ahead or the one today which is ready for tank part 2??

Bright future, I see a team that maybe makes the playoffs and loses year after year drafting in the teens.   I'd rather build up our talent some more than settle for mediocrity that you present.   Yeah, losing sucks but in the "real world" you can't be good every year and sometimes the other teams don't help you to get back on top.

« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2014, 10:57:45 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
What are you talking about? I already stated with one of my points above we lost out on Asik, Afflalo when we could of had them without overpaying.   

With Asik, it's clear that Houston wanted a pick with some lottery potential and Ainge seemed unwilling to do that.  I would have been willing to discuss one of the Nets picks, but maybe Ainge wouldn't.  Perhaps Morey thought that the Celtics would make other moves and be too good for him to have a shot at a top ten pick if he took a Celtics pick with the same sandwich protection that he got from New Orleans.

As for Afflalo, I think Ainge planned to re-sign Bradley, even if it meant matching a bigger contract than the one he gave up, and preferred Bradley and the stuff he would have to give up to get Afflalo rather than having Afflalo and no Bradley.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2014, 11:08:54 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
i thought he did a poor job resigning Avery Bradley for 8mil a year. Since then I have been very cautious with my usual praise of Ainge.

« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2014, 11:22:39 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Ryan Gomes + Al Jefferson + Jeff Green...etc = World championship

Let's dump this Ainge guy....he's obviously clueless. What are his credentials anyway? He was hired and trained by Arnold Red Auerbach considered by many as the most successful professional sports executive in history.....a clear tradition of incompetence.

We don't need intelligent, measured business executives with proven backgrounds running the Celtics. We need to churn that roster! Get'em in and get'em out.

I'm sorry, I couldn't help it.

« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2014, 11:39:12 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Reasons

- hires a coach with zero nba coaching experience. This to me is a signal for a full rebuild
- but he doesnt do that. Keeps Rondo, Bass, Green. If we trade all of these guys we def get a top 3 or 4 pick
-  cant find a way to trade wallace, humphries, bogans
- lets everyone know that Rondo is here to stay for the long run
- then drafts Smart (and Young)  instead of addressing some serious needs upfront (like having one flat tire)
- doesnt pickup Asik, Afflalo, Louis Williams, Lucas Nogueira (all that would of cost a fair price to obtain)
- cant bring in any top undrafted players to the SL squad.

- the 76ers at least are going about their rebuild in a "pure" fashion.

Does Danny even have a plan?? I find him always wanting to chase the ideals, pack on the assets(usually crowded at the same area) but lacks vision. Maybe mcdanough was the real brains when he was still here.
I can handle and be patient during a rebuild. But cant tolerate mess.

Anyone else frustrated?

I literally laughed out loud.

« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2014, 10:38:51 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
REVERSE JINX!

« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2014, 10:50:56 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
So lost, he just acquired a bunch of assets for nothing.

« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2014, 10:54:15 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
So lost, he just acquired a bunch of assets for nothing.

Boom. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2014, 10:55:02 AM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Gotta eat crow now buddy.  Danny can't be lost and do this.   Nice work Danny.   
Diggles

« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2014, 10:58:07 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
i thought he did a poor job resigning Avery Bradley for 8mil a year. Since then I have been very cautious with my usual praise of Ainge.

Yeah, I thought it a bit much, but now I'm less worried given the sizes of other contracts being bandied about this offseason.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2014, 12:26:29 PM »

Offline NorthernLightning

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • zap
Reasons

- hires a coach with zero nba coaching experience. This to me is a signal for a full rebuild
- but he doesnt do that. Keeps Rondo, Bass, Green. If we trade all of these guys we def get a top 3 or 4 pick
-  cant find a way to trade wallace, humphries, bogans
- lets everyone know that Rondo is here to stay for the long run
- then drafts Smart (and Young)  instead of addressing some serious needs upfront (like having one flat tire)
- doesnt pickup Asik, Afflalo, Louis Williams, Lucas Nogueira (all that would of cost a fair price to obtain)
- cant bring in any top undrafted players to the SL squad.

- the 76ers at least are going about their rebuild in a "pure" fashion.

Does Danny even have a plan?? I find him always wanting to chase the ideals, pack on the assets(usually crowded at the same area) but lacks vision. Maybe mcdanough was the real brains when he was still here.
I can handle and be patient during a rebuild. But cant tolerate mess.

Anyone else frustrated?

lol.

« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2014, 12:42:33 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Gotta eat crow now buddy.  Danny can't be lost and do this.   Nice work Danny.

Marcus chucky Thorton and Tyler 8'8 reach zeller. Wow what a move.

The 1st is the main thing that matters.  This is a fair trade. Its not like danny robbed anybody

Danny needs to keep going .  As long as we get a legit rim protector worse case , things will turn around

« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2014, 12:46:55 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
During a rebuild Ainge's plan is actually simple.

1. Improve the team's talent in trades, draft, free agency when the opportunity is there.
2. Acquire assets to help with future deals (picks, players).
3. Develop the talent on the team.

He has been upfront about this. A rebuild rarely happens quickly.