Author Topic: Next shoe to drop  (Read 3347 times)

Re: Next shoe to drop
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 11:17:22 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I hope it's Bass. Someone had him penciled in at center the other day. It made me sick.
Why would you have him penciled in at center? He didn't play center last season even when we didn't have Zeller, Iverson, or Faverani.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 11:27:37 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Maybe when Love starts acting like a diva who wants out when the season starts, the Wolves might change their trade requirements.

To make the playoffs, Minny not only has to hope one of last year's playoff teams falls off.  They also have to jump over the Suns and not be overtaken themselves by the Pellicans, Nuggets or Kings.  I mean, the Kings have got to be decent one of these years...right?

Their first round pick is probably at least 2 years away from simply being a rotation-quality NBA player and their 2nd round pick averaged 12 pts and under 5 rebounds in college, so they're not getting much help right away there.

Even if Flip is as amazing a coach as he thinks he is, it's hard to imagine them being any better than a 7th or 8th seed out West and it's easy to see them missing the playoffs again even if they do improve.  There's no way that's going to change Love's mind about staying.

And because of the new salary cap rules, there's very little advantage to sign-n-trade deals any more.  That's why teams have been working so hard to clear cap space, and you know there will be plenty of them with the dollars to offer Love next year.

The question is if Flip doesn't understand any of that, is there anyone in Minny who can or will override him and get a halfway decent return for trading Love while they can?

Mike

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 11:32:40 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Like to see the Celtics sign Emeka Okafor to a one year deal..that would set this team up as is for 2014..a playoff team maybe with a healthy Rondo, Bradley, Thornton,Green, Bass, Wallace..with Smart, Young, and with Sully, Zeller & KO with more experience under their belt..adding a center like Okafor or Hill, this team may be a playoff team

Unless the team pulls off a trade for Love, or some equivalent, why would you want this team to even sniff a playoff spot?  If they can't make a Love type of trade, the best thing this team can do is finish with the worst record in the NBA.

...  for a 75% chance of being p---ed off that we didn't get the #1 pick.  And apparently, a 35% chance that Cleveland does!

Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. tanking.  Play to win, let the other stuff fall as it may.  If we win 34 games instead of 24,  there have been just as many All-Stars picked at #10-12 as there have been in the #5-6-7 range.

And, that's ten more nights I get to go to bed happy.

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 11:55:05 AM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
When it comes to the draft lottery, it's as much about the floor as it is about the ceiling.  And, while you may prefer 10 happier nights in 2015, I'd rather have 40 happier nights yearly from about 2016-2024, with deep playoff runs thrown in for good measure.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.