Author Topic: Danny is lost  (Read 18656 times)

Danny is lost
« on: July 08, 2014, 06:05:38 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Reasons

- hires a coach with zero nba coaching experience. This to me is a signal for a full rebuild
- but he doesnt do that. Keeps Rondo, Bass, Green. If we trade all of these guys we def get a top 3 or 4 pick
-  cant find a way to trade wallace, humphries, bogans
- lets everyone know that Rondo is here to stay for the long run
- then drafts Smart (and Young)  instead of addressing some serious needs upfront (like having one flat tire)
- doesnt pickup Asik, Afflalo, Louis Williams, Lucas Nogueira (all that would of cost a fair price to obtain)
- cant bring in any top undrafted players to the SL squad.

- the 76ers at least are going about their rebuild in a "pure" fashion.

Does Danny even have a plan?? I find him always wanting to chase the ideals, pack on the assets(usually crowded at the same area) but lacks vision. Maybe mcdanough was the real brains when he was still here.
I can handle and be patient during a rebuild. But cant tolerate mess.

Anyone else frustrated?

Re: Danny is lost
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 06:06:46 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I'd be frustrated if he went the 76ers route.  I am happy that he is trying to rebuild without sinking that low.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 06:06:58 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Frustrated, but not with Ainge.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 06:10:24 PM »

Offline NorthernLightning

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • zap
The 76ers lack any veteran leadership, or any sense of pride for that matter.

The Celtics are in pretty good shape for coming off a really bad year. Good coach, hard working young players with positive attitudes, and two talented rookies coming in.

This isn't NBA2k, and all of these real world intangibles matter tremendously.

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 06:16:17 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Explain to me how we get a top 3 or  pick by trading those guys??

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 06:16:57 PM »

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67
Yeah, I think Danny has earned more leeway.  It's hard to be patient, but people need to at least let complete off seasons play out before judging moves.  A lot can change in the next 2-4 weeks.

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 06:25:22 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Ainge should be fired. He screwed up the tank and has done nothing other than keep a friendship with McHale which caused the KG trade to happen. He did a good job with the Brooklyn trade too. But the fact he has decided to keep Rondo is awful. Horrible management and Ainge should resign and someone who is committed to the right plan for a mid market team should be hired. Bottom out and tank harder this year. Okafor for 2015!

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 06:25:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Yeah, I think Danny has earned more leeway.  It's hard to be patient, but people need to at least let complete off seasons play out before judging moves.  A lot can change in the next 2-4 weeks.

I doubt it. No big name players are coming over. Asik and Afflalo are two players the Celts desperately needed to get in order to move fwd and make the playoffs next season.  You didn't have to overpay to get them either.

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 06:27:33 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Reasons

- hires a coach with zero nba coaching experience. This to me is a signal for a full rebuild
- but he doesnt do that. Keeps Rondo, Bass, Green. If we trade all of these guys we def get a top 3 or 4 pick
-  cant find a way to trade wallace, humphries, bogans
- lets everyone know that Rondo is here to stay for the long run
- then drafts Smart (and Young)  instead of addressing some serious needs upfront (like having one flat tire)
- doesnt pickup Asik, Afflalo, Louis Williams, Lucas Nogueira (all that would of cost a fair price to obtain)
- cant bring in any top undrafted players to the SL squad.

- the 76ers at least are going about their rebuild in a "pure" fashion.

Does Danny even have a plan?? I find him always wanting to chase the ideals, pack on the assets(usually crowded at the same area) but lacks vision. Maybe mcdanough was the real brains when he was still here.
I can handle and be patient during a rebuild. But cant tolerate mess.

Anyone else frustrated?

1. You would trade Rondo for Exum or a possible bust with Embiid?

2. Were actually trying to resign Humphries, and with these FA classes NOONE can get off Wallaces contract...  LEagues getting to point where just about any team can make the playoffs!

3. Can't use the TPE yet, so what money are we signing the Asik's Affalo's, William's.. Asik didn't last long enough yo use the TPE.

4. What undrafted players DO YOU have in mind.

I learned a lot being on this Celtics forum for only 20 days. If it's anything, if it was as simple as you make it, we probally would've done it. People make up these outraegous trades we should do like other team gon take 3 - average players and a pick for a star!

Patience is a virtue!

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 06:31:48 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Your name should be Skyisfallingboy not Triboy.

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 06:34:04 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Are you really "Antoine Walker"? ;)

I think you are overestimating:
1) the talent or value of our current roster
2) the value of a number 6 pick in the lottery

I think DA has done an exceptional job.  I would have probably pick someone else at number 17, but I guess I can't blame him for drafting JYoung.   We'll see.

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 06:34:04 PM »

Offline TeamGreen.dm

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • here comes Banner 18
Ainge should be fired. He screwed up the tank and has done nothing other than keep a friendship with McHale which caused the KG trade to happen. He did a good job with the Brooklyn trade too. But the fact he has decided to keep Rondo is awful. Horrible management and Ainge should resign and someone who is committed to the right plan for a mid market team should be hired. Bottom out and tank harder this year. Okafor for 2015!

How did he screw up the tank when the Cavs picked first? And its not like we got some bum at #6. Its been 7 days into free agency and your calling for his job. All recent reports I'm reading say Ainge is doing every thing in his power to gain a top veteran guy. Patience is a virtue my friend
"I am not going to back down from any challenge. Like I said, you are going to have to prove to me. I am a fighter; I will keep fighting and will never give up." Marcus Smart

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 06:34:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Most of what triboy listed has crossed mind .......

And more than once......I might add.."buttttttttt

it's NOT my job to worry,  nobody is paying me to give a rats left plum.   It's Danny's rear in the sling, not mine.
He'll either get it done or he won'ts

So ...I'm just lay n back relaxing

Going wif the flow ..watching ...summ n gonna happens one way or nother

I'm on cruise mode.....

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 06:39:19 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 06:36:29 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Reasons

After watching the coaching job that Stevens did with that ugly team last year, do you really think that coaching was an issue for the Cs?!?!?  If anything, hiring Stevens showed that Danny is NOT "lost". 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 06:49:39 PM »

Offline Randy

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 4
Maybe he believes the Celtics have the best shot at Love so he's waiting till then. It confuses me why people want to be a 6th seed in the east so badly. I don't know about you but I'd rather watch a long rebuild with light at the end of the tunnel, appose to watching the Celtics get knocked off in the first round, maybe second round if we're lucky, every year.