Author Topic: Ray Allen Free Agency 'News' (Breaking Speculation: He's staying AND leaving)  (Read 123680 times)

Re: Ray Allen Free Agency News (Breaking Speculation: No trade clause?)
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2012, 01:45:59 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Breaking Speculation!!!

A source close to Allen indicates the Celtics are making a heavy push to get this done, attempting to answer his issues along the way.

Allen told the Herald months ago that he didn’t want to have to sweat out another trade deadline after nearly being moved in the past, and word is the Celts are ready to comply with either a no-trade clause or a trade kicker that would get him a good sized raise in salary if he does get moved.

Good find IP, though I found the line after your quote more interesting.

It’s also interesting to note that, according to the source, Allen would already have a deal with the Celtics if they’d met his asking price, leading one to wonder whether there’s really anything to the Rondo rhetoric.

So Ray wants more than the Celtics are willing to offer? Well no offense to him but  I dont think hes worth more than 6m for 2 years at this point... The Clips want to give him 3 years 5m... and more mins. It makes too much sense for him to go there tbh...

« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2012, 01:46:17 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
not sure what more boston can do...offered more cash....looking at a no trade clause...added pieces to stay in the thick of a title run....and ray would still start until at least december..

if ray rejects boston..there isn't anything else more boston wanted and he just doesn't want to be here

« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2012, 01:46:32 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Steve Bulpett ‏@SteveBHoop
Celtics try to calm Ray Allen's trade fears. How much does he really want to leave? http://bit.ly/NpFiBO

CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2012, 01:50:06 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
no offense ray..but if boston gives you more $, spot starting duty...no trade clause and you don't have to relocate your family...all of this coming off surgery? then i don't know what to say

« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2012, 01:53:11 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
"Asking price" may not necessarily be about money. Could be minutes, could be starting role, could be no-trade clause.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2012, 01:54:10 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
"Asking price" may not necessarily be about money. Could be minutes, could be starting role, could be no-trade clause.

I agree Lucky.... now I know Ray probably doesnt want to hear this but don't people think he could be more effective taking a reduced 20-25mpg role? 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2012, 01:54:43 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I agree Lucky.... now I know Ray probably doesnt want to hear this but don't people think he could be more effective taking a reduced 20-25mpg role?  
Absolutely.

« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2012, 01:55:50 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40

Money?!There are people in todays days, being happy with 25000k /year. So Ray and ohter NBA players have to be more realistic about the money

« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2012, 01:56:09 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
Well if bullpett is right then the celts are going all out with an offer to ray..if we give him a no trade clause I don't see how he rejects us

« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2012, 01:56:54 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

Yep.

I actually really like the idea of a Terry-Allen backcourt leading the bench unit.

« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2012, 01:58:12 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Yep.

I actually really like the idea of a Terry-Allen backcourt leading the bench unit.

Me too.  And his increased age and the injury concerns he had last year would hopefully drive that point home for him.

By this point, it's about rings.  And having fresher legs for the playoffs has to mean something.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2012, 01:58:39 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
More good news:

https://twitter.com/#!/ESPNChrisPalmer

chris palmer ‏@ESPNChrisPalmer

Jamal Crawford to sign with Clippers. LA cancels Ray Allen's visit. (via @BA_Turner)

And then there were two.

« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2012, 01:59:30 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Two thoughts...this going to the Heat to win a championship stuff is total bull crap.  Honestly I think if you gave most of these guys a lie detector test..'winning a title' only matters when the other stuff -- i.e. the money -- is taken care of. 

And what's the big deal about the C's offering to trade him (this year anyway)?  The guy was going to be a free agent this summer anyway.  And 2nd at the time these discussions were occurring, it didn't look like the Celtics had much chance to last 2 rounds of the playoffs.

He probably could have had a longer playoff run in Memphis.

Best argument I've heard is the 'final destination' one.  That I could probably buy.

« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2012, 02:00:15 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
clippers out....2 team race with boston offering ray the most everything..

« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2012, 02:00:22 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
More re: Crawford:

http://www.blazersedge.com/2012/7/5/3139252/turner-blazers-ufa-g-jamal-crawford-intends-to-sign-with-clippers

Apparently, Billups will also return to the Clips. No minutes for Ray there with all of those guards on their roster.