"seen one swallow a rocking chair one time"
"hey chief, i see you've got your rubbers"
Classic movie, so many great quotes.

Re: Jaws
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2009, 10:25:43 AM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down the pond chasin' bluegills and tommycods. This shark, swallow you whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your tourists, put all your businesses on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's just too many captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole [dang] thing.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 11:56:56 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I really think people should be allowed to swim if they want; they know the risk. It's natural selection and these people should be removed from the gene pool if they choose to swim with sharks and end up being chummy with them...
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 12:10:39 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I really think people should be allowed to swim if they want; they know the risk. It's natural selection and these people should be removed from the gene pool if they choose to swim with sharks and end up being chummy with them...

Don't be silly, look how friendly that guy is.

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 07:50:17 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

pun intended, i hope!

Yup

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2009, 09:42:38 AM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

I use that one a lot.  For example, at work we were discussing how to get a project done and someone made a really lowball suggestion with time involved.  I just said "You're gonna need a bigger boat."  Everyone knew what was up, even if they didn't let on... at all.