Author Topic: This is a good opportunity for the Celtics to catch their breath  (Read 637 times)

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
The Celtics' schedule just came to a screeching halt. It is basically in suspended animation.

On Tuesday, Utah comes into town. That will not be an easy game. The Jazz are 21-13 with a .618 winning percentage. They are 9-6 on the road. We must win! Or else this forum will be a big time downer on Wednesday. It's supposed to be a new year.

Then we have a back to back Friday and Saturday at home against Philly and New Orleans.

The NBA trade deadline is February 23rd at 3 p.m. with seven and a half weeks to go.

But maybe the big move will be signing a player like Larry Sanders. That could make us very dangerous. I'm not expecting fireworks with Cousins. I have seen Danny a few times during games and his mind is definitely churning fast.

We clearly have an issue with rebounding and a general lack of toughness around the rim. Horford has been a pleasant surprise having perhaps a career year in shot blocking. I'd have to check. It would be nice to have one more real center. Neither Olynyk or Zeller provide that. Maybe we expect things out of Olynyk that are simply outside his skill toolkit. If Amir Johnson could pick up the pace, maybe we wouldn't seem so desperate at the center position.

I think Marcus has proven himself for point guard. Rozier has not.

Bradley has clearly become an all-star player bordering on superstar some games.

Horford and Amir exhibit professionalism, but they do seem to be losing steps, getting older. One hopes they can find the fountain of youth. Or just find us a Sanders to relieve the pressure. That is my thinking. Maybe roll the dice with Noel.

If we add a player or two to the current rotation, we might steal a title before the next wave of Brooklyn picks come to fruition. A kid can have hope. We are not that far away. I doubt KG would say we are the most dangerous team no one is talking about unless he meant it.

Re: This is a good opportunity for the Celtics to catch their breath
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 12:59:00 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Most dangerous team no one is talking about means we are like the 6th most dangerous team.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Re: This is a good opportunity for the Celtics to catch their breath
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 01:28:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
As usual we are vastly undersized to match up with Utah . 

So as usual we have to try and we win with over the top play from a bunch of little fellows and Al Horford .

We are low on talent and length , and ( guts : KO  ::)) in the front court.