Author Topic: Kanter or Theis?  (Read 4289 times)

Re: Kanter or Theis?
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2019, 09:10:48 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'm not sure Kanter's problem is a lack of effort. I think it's his inability to move laterally well and slow recognition of the high P&R.

Theis moves well, quickness isn't one of his problems. He see the floor better defensively and responds quicker than Kanter. Theis's problem is lack of size against those bigger centers.

I'm still interested in seeing what a combination of the two bring to the table..

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2019, 10:06:09 PM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
I'm not sure Kanter's problem is a lack of effort. I think it's his inability to move laterally well and slow recognition of the high P&R.

Theis moves well, quickness isn't one of his problems. He see the floor better defensively and responds quicker than Kanter. Theis's problem is lack of size against those bigger centers.

I'm still interested in seeing what a combination of the two bring to the table..

I like the idea of Theis starting and bringing his defence. There are plenty of points in the other starters and he still contributes offensively. Kanter can then be used with different combinations, depending on who the Celtics are playing and how the game is progressing. Ultimately though I agree with others that Theis' lack of height could be costly against some teams.

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2019, 10:40:08 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

If you could combine the two that would be great! Unfortunately you can only play one at a time.

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2019, 07:36:27 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Theis, we are winning with him.

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2019, 09:40:36 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Indeed.  A lineup of Kanter Theis, Hayward, Tatum and Brown is actually pretty tall, has plenty of offense and ball-handling.  Let Hayward be the point-forward in that scenario.

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2019, 09:56:07 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Not sure I care much for either of them.  Give it some time then maybe Danny has something up their sleeve.  We really need a big time rebounder and rim protector.

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2019, 10:05:11 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Not sure I care much for either of them.  Give it some time then maybe Danny has something up their sleeve.  We really need a big time rebounder and rim protector.

well, for his career, kanter averages 7.6 rebounds a game.  per 36, his average is 12.3 rebounds a game. that is pretty good rebounding.

theis this season is averaging 2.5 blocks a game so far, good for fourth in the nba.

so, maybe the celtics are better off in the "big" department than we may think?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2019, 11:57:36 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Depends on who the Celtics would be getting.   Which of those two are the better compliment.

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2019, 03:42:21 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I think when Kanter comes back, he's going to have a big impact. It seems like he gets a team 4 points a game they otherwise wouldn't have scored without his offensive rebounding. When he comes back and gets comfortable, it'll be clear who the best center on the roster is.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2019, 04:04:32 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1980
I've always thought Kanter would be best off the bench.  Provides much needed scoring and rebounding in a reserve role, and we could hide some of his defensive deficiencies against 2nd stringers.

I like Theis better with the starters.  It's clear we need an upgrade though.

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2019, 04:23:01 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Kanter is the better player. Theis is the better fit next to the rest of our starters.

Ideally, I'd love us to trade for a defensive minded big who can stretch the floor (for instance Myles Turner) and keep Kanter as our backup C.

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2019, 08:37:33 PM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
Changed my mind, keep Theis and Timelord. They work so well with this roster. I am hanging on a game against a real contender to see how this group can go.

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2019, 09:31:05 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I see Robert Williams had a big game tonite. 6 blocks. Maybe his time has come.

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2019, 08:20:50 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Theis always gives maximum effort and is proven in our system.  I don't know enough about Kanter to say whether we should keep him or not.  Give him a chance to play first and find out?