Author Topic: Rumour: Barnes may sign with Celtics  (Read 38258 times)

Re: Rumour: Barnes may sign with Celtics
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 04:33:33 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
POSSIBLE UPDATE: Matt Barnes' latest tweet says the following:

"Maaaaan y'all gonna be mad when you hear this"

I assume that a good chunk of his followers are Lakers fans, and what would p--- them off more than hearing that one of the Laker faithful went to the Green?

It's not a surety that this means he's signing with the C's, but it's too much of a coincidence that he would put out that tweet just a day after it was reported that the Celtics were interested in him.

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 04:35:55 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
You haven't watched Jason Collins much have you?

Yeah, but I doubt we'd see the lumbering Jason Collins trying to chase down a Corey Brewer, right?

No, but if I wanted someone to be here just to bring hard fouls, I'd just bring back Posey.

Point is, Collins also has some nastiness to his game and he will definitely bring some hard fouls. Maybe not on a fast-break, but the man doesn't mind committing fouls that make his opponents think, "**** was THAT for?!"

...then with Matt Barnes, we'd have TWO guys off the bench to stir things up.

Barnes = Posey.
Collins = PJ Brown.

And we all know that Posey is perhaps done..he will be 36 next year.

Matt Barnes still has some effective PT left in him, at 32 years of age.

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 04:40:44 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
I know what I said earlier about Barnes, but I've warmed up to the idea of him being a third-stringer. He's good for insurance, and though I'd like to have Peaches because frankly, I think he's better than Barnes at this point in both their careers, I'd rather take Barnes if Peaches is serious about not coming back for the min. I also would prefer Quisy mainly because he's a guy who can play the failsafe role and perform whenever his name is called, not to mention he's had three years experience with the team, but if the Celtics think Barnes could do better, then that's fine by me.

If the Celtics think Barnes could fit in, then I'm fine with adding him. As long as he's using his antics against the opposition and not the C's.

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 04:42:42 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell

Yeah, but I doubt we'd see the lumbering Jason Collins trying to chase down a Corey Brewer, right?

No, but if I wanted someone to be here just to bring hard fouls, I'd just bring back Posey.

Point is, Collins also has some nastiness to his game and he will definitely bring some hard fouls. Maybe not on a fast-break, but the man doesn't mind committing fouls that make his opponents think, "**** was THAT for?!"

Barnes = Posey.
Collins = PJ Brown.

I've warmed up to him being the 3rd-string wing. You're right. I'm just saying Collins has the same nastiness too.

And I was joking about Posey :).

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 04:52:06 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Barnes = Posey.
Collins = PJ Brown.

I've warmed up to him being the 3rd-string wing. You're right. I'm just saying Collins has the same nastiness too.

And I was joking about Posey :).

lol..yeah..I just checked Pose's basketball-reference stats, and he's certainly done.

Matt Barnes Signing With Celtics?
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 04:52:45 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

Re: Matt Barnes Signing With Celtics?
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2012, 04:53:32 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Nvm i just saw another thread like this already delete this mods!

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 05:00:39 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
iont want dis El Debarge lookin clown here takin up Christmas minutes I aint a fan of Barnes at all

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 05:05:26 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
He's a pretty good fit in a small lineup, covering Lebron at PF.

He's also a very good rebounder for his position.

His numbers last year didn't suggest any decline in his skills.

He's a scrapper.

I don't see a lot of downside.

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2012, 05:16:24 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
He's a pretty good fit in a small lineup, covering Lebron at PF.

He's also a very good rebounder for his position.

His numbers last year didn't suggest any decline in his skills.

He's a scrapper.

I don't see a lot of downside.

His attitude is the only real downside. However of course he can use that attitude against opponents and not the celtics. I don't see any problem with that.

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 05:17:10 PM »

Offline gotjoker?

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Ugh.  I don't want any part of Matt Barnes.  Haven't we been down this road with him before?

Two league sources contacted Thursday evening said the C's aren't expected to sign the 6-foot-7 wing player, whose addition would fill the void left by Tony Allen, who recently signed a three-year, $10 million deal with Memphis. Dallas, the Los Angeles Lakers and Miami are considered Barnes' top three teams now.

"I will let my fans know where I'm going to sign," Barnes wrote on his Twitter page on Thursday. "Its (sp) gonna SURPRISE you!!!! Keep it locked."

Following Boston knocking off the Orlando Magic in the Eastern Conference finals, Barnes told CSNNE.com that he would not be opposed to signing with Boston.

"My first choice is to work something out here in Orlando," Barnes said at the time. "That's my preference above anything else. But if that doesn't happen, I'll look and see what else is out there. But like I said, I want to try and work something out here in Orlando before I consider talking with any other team."

http://www.necn.com/07/15/10/Celtics-unlikely-to-land-Matt-Barnes/v1_landing_celtics.html?blockID=271956&feedID=3352

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 05:23:47 PM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.
Low-risk high-reward signing.. I like it. Make it happen. Unless of course a decent big becomes available all of a sudden..
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2012, 05:24:00 PM »

Offline twistedrico14

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
I can't believe someone said that Kris Joseph doesn't have a future in Boston. You haven't even seen him play yet. Are you basing this on a few summer league games???

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2012, 05:25:23 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I think he will be a Celtic, him going to any other team won't shock anyone and his tweet suggests it will be shocking. If he goes to Mia, no one will be shocked b/c everyone probably has tried to latch on there since they formed that team and they aren't a real faker rival yet. Any other team wouldn't be worth mentioning...
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2012, 05:27:30 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
I guess at this point all I'm wondering is where is this interview that this source speaks of.

And I guess what's a little troubling is Matt Barnes hasn't really shown up for the playoffs for quite come time.