Author Topic: Over reaction Trade Idea after tonight's Sixers game!  (Read 6661 times)

Re: Over reaction Trade Idea after tonight's Sixers game!
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2020, 07:48:02 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I think we need more ball movement on offense, not less. I'd prefer a starting lineup of Walker/Smart/Brown/Hayward/Theis. I don't get why Tatum is always gifted a starting spot. He can still have 25+ MPG but he needs to earn more than that.

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2020, 08:21:03 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
I think we need more ball movement on offense, not less. I'd prefer a starting lineup of Walker/Smart/Brown/Hayward/Theis. I don't get why Tatum is always gifted a starting spot. He can still have 25+ MPG but he needs to earn more than that.

You can rearrange the chairs, so to speak, all you want, but it will not change anything.

Opposing teams already know that no matter how many times the Celts move the ball, the Celts will still end up having the same point of attack.

Not having diversity on offense is making the Celts very predictable.

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2020, 08:42:16 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

You can rearrange the chairs, so to speak, all you want, but it will not change anything.

Opposing teams already know that no matter how many times the Celts move the ball, the Celts will still end up having the same point of attack.

Per nba.com
15% transition
6% iso
21% pick and roll ball-handler
5% pick and roll roll man
4% postup
20% spotup
5% handoff
6% cut
6% off screen
6% offensive rebound (2nd in the NBA)
5% misc

It's not a bad spread. Two low ones are postup and pick-and-roll roll man categories. With is a weak point on this team.

As much as I love Theis, I think this team needs a real threat at his position, either as a shooter or as a finisher. Theis is below average for a starter at both. He is fine, but not good at either.

Kanter's position is a scorer off the bench. It's a great role for him, and we shouldn't overextend his ability.

Robert Williams has every opportunity to be that player for this team when he gets healthy. I wonder if he was banged up and that had something to do with his performance the last few games before he went out on his extended absence.

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2020, 08:45:30 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

Per nba.com
15% transition
6% iso
21% pick and roll ball-handler
5% pick and roll roll man
4% postup
20% spotup
5% handoff
6% cut
6% off screen
6% offensive rebound (2nd in the NBA)
5% misc

It's not a bad spread. Two low ones are postup and pick-and-roll roll man categories. With is a weak point on this team.

As much as I love Theis, I think this team needs a real threat at his position, either as a shooter or as a finisher. Theis is below average for a starter at both. He is fine, but not good at either.

Kanter's position is a scorer off the bench. It's a great role for him, and we shouldn't overextend his ability.

Robert Williams has every opportunity to be that player for this team when he gets healthy. I wonder if he was banged up and that had something to do with his performance the last few games before he went out on his extended absence.

Totally agree with your assessment.

I'm also a believer in Rob Will.

I think he's going to be a late bloomer like Kendrick Perkins.
It might take him some time, but no doubt the potential is there.