Author Topic: Embiid trades....a fantasy trade thread  (Read 1524 times)

Embiid trades....a fantasy trade thread
« on: January 04, 2020, 12:54:13 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Sometimes you have to do the opposite of what everyone is thinking....right now people are down on Horford and Simmons...Horford for his cost and Simmons for his poor 3 point shooting.
Horford for Chris Paul presents problems for Philly....though I would try it if I were them....but what about riding with Horford....letting Simmons do his thing...and getting a massive haul for Embiid?

For example:  Embiid for Steven Adams and SGA (Adams and Embiid one year apart in age), and maybe one or two of the 72 Ok. City draft picks?

Or this one:  http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=rce6xe5 (plus Ennis)

Embiid, Ennis and Neto for Barrett, M. Robinson, Morris Sr. and Nikitilina.

plus a top 3 protected Knicks first round this year....rolling over to unprotected future first round pick.

Any takers?  Sometimes panic trades can work out pretty well.  In this case, Philly panics and NYK say hello to a guy who could bring them some free agents.

PG: Simmons, Nikilitina, McConnell
SG: Richardson, Thybulle, Korkmaz
SF: Barrett, Morris Sr., Korkmaz
PF: Harris, Morris Sr., Simmons, Scott
C:  Horford, Robinson

Future starters and core:  Simmons, Richardson, Harris, Barrett, Robinson, Thybulle (Horford for awhile)

this trade gives more shots to Harris and brings in a sharpshooter in Morris Sr. for Simmons to pass to.

Re: Embiid trades....a fantasy trade thread
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 01:13:06 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Those are terrible trades for Embiid.  He is worth a lot more than that
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 01:13:39 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
If sixers do any one of the trades even I d mad! Why not just buy him out?

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 01:17:32 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
good call both of you...

2 unprotected NYK picks....will be lottery.

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 01:26:01 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
I think the best I could do was a trade with Denver

Embiid, Horford, Scott, Ennis

for

Murray, Porter, Millsap, Plumlee, and several Denver 1st's

I think something like that makes sense.  Denver goes huge with Embiid and Jokic with Horford as the 6th man and still has Harris, Morris, Barton, and Craig as the smalls.  Sixers build around Simmons and add Murray and Porter to their future core while keeping a vet like Millsap to help steady the ship and a quality big like Plumlee to the bench.  Other pieces could be included or swapped out (like instead of Ennis and Plumlee the trade could just be Barton), though Murray's poison pill makes the trade a bit more complicated. 

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 01:47:56 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
If they trade Embiid, they should trade him for win-now players rather than young prospects.

Philly got a strong mix of talent there. They could build a title contender without Embiid based around Simmons and Horford. Josh Richardson and Tobias Harris strong start to supporting cast plus whoever Embiid fetches.

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2020, 01:52:11 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
How about Embiid & Josh Richardson for Damian Lillard & CJ McCollum?

Philly's team:

G: Lillard
G: McCollum
F: Tobias Harris
F: Ben Simmons
C: Al Horford

Or just Lillard & picks for Embiid. Keep Josh Richardson to keep superior perimeter D. Portland keeps McCollum to be their new PG and builds a 1-2 punch around McCollum and Embiid.

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2020, 01:55:34 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker

for

I think something like that makes sense.  Denver goes huge with Embiid and Jokic with Horford as the 6th man and still has Harris, Morris, Barton, and Craig as the smalls.  Sixers build around Simmons and add Murray and Porter to their future core while keeping a vet like Millsap to help steady the ship and a quality big like Plumlee to the bench.  Other pieces could be included or swapped out (like instead of Ennis and Plumlee the trade could just be Barton), though Murray's poison pill makes the trade a bit more complicated.

I'd just worry about Porter's health in that one, as well as the likely poorness of the Denver firsts.
And for Denver I'd worry about fitting Embiid next to Jokic....
My idea was about maximizing Horford for his remaining career....adding a defender/blocker/rebounder in Mitchell, plus Barrett and picks.  Or, the guaranteed quality of Adams and SGA, plus multiple picks from Ok. City...though I switched to multiple from one or two after being chided for poor value for Philly.

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2020, 02:27:34 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

for

I'd just worry about Porter's health in that one, as well as the likely poorness of the Denver firsts.
And for Denver I'd worry about fitting Embiid next to Jokic....
My idea was about maximizing Horford for his remaining career....adding a defender/blocker/rebounder in Mitchell, plus Barrett and picks.  Or, the guaranteed quality of Adams and SGA, plus multiple picks from Ok. City...though I switched to multiple from one or two after being chided for poor value for Philly.
you start talking about 1st's 4 and 6 years out and a lot can happen, especially with someone as fragile as Embiid has been.  It needs to be a team that has both assets, but also still be competitive.  That is why I think Denver ultimately made the most sense. 

I guess that Portland trade has some merit, though I'm not sure it really makes sense for either team. 

Phoenix or Sacramento would be interesting, but I don't think they are close enough to contention to keep Embiid happy.  The Wolves could do an Embiid for Towns swap (as the main components), but again I don't know of the fit.  Boston could obviously put together a fairly attractive package, but I doubt the Sixers would trade him to Boston (something like Tatum, Smart, Williams, and picks (inc. Memphis) for Embiid seems like decent value all the way around).