Author Topic: Towns: Merged Threads  (Read 6430 times)

Towns: Merged Threads
« on: December 31, 2019, 09:16:45 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
NBA Rumors: A Blockbuster Trade That Could Send Karl-Anthony Towns To The Boston Celtics
https://fadeawayworld.net/2019/12/31/nba-rumors-a-blockbuster-trade-that-could-send-karl-anthony-towns-to-the-boston-celtics/

Re: Towns: Merged Threads
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 09:17:50 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
That article has the Celtics trading Tatum, Smart, Theis, and draft picks for KAT.

I'm one of Jayson Tatum's biggest fans, but if it's KAT we're talking about, I think it makes the Celts better.

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 09:19:47 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
This is pure speculation all starting with Ethan Strauss's report that KAT is grumbling and the warriors are monitoring the situation. So fantasy.

He just signed a 5 year deal, the Wolves are going to be in no hurry to trade him.

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 09:24:43 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I think it is a fairly reasonable trade for both teams.  Lot to give up, but Towns seems like the type of player that Ainge might sell the farm for.  I'd probably try to get Bates-Diop back in the trade to add some depth.

Post-Trade
PG's - Walker, Wanamaker, Edwards
Wings - Brown, Hayward, Langford, Bates-Diop, Semi, Green
Big - Towns, Kanter, Williams, Williams, Poirier

I think that trade puts Boston up in the Milwaukee tier in the conference as it balances the roster out more.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 09:25:31 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
This is pure speculation all starting with Ethan Strauss's report that KAT is grumbling and the warriors are monitoring the situation. So fantasy.

He just signed a 5 year deal, the Wolves are going to be in no hurry to trade him.

I agree!

But the trade proposal is fair and helps both teams.

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 09:29:29 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

I agree!

I mean how does it help Minnesota? They don't have to move KAT right now, unless they like building around Tatum more.

This sort of trade only makes sense if KAT is forcing it or Minnesota has given up on him and wants to sell high. I don't think they're doing that.

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 09:32:07 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

I agree!

I mean how does it help Minnesota? They don't have to move KAT right now, unless they like building around Tatum more.

This sort of trade only makes sense if KAT is forcing it or Minnesota has given up on him and wants to sell high. I don't think they're doing that.

Yeah, they don't have to move KAT right now, but they're also going nowhere as the Wolves will be a lottery team for many years to come.

Andrew Wiggins is just not living up to expectations of a #1 pick.

Think about it, Tatum, Smart, and the Memphis pick will be pieces that you can build around for the long term.

The Wolves will get a reset.

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 09:34:47 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I mean by that logic do they have to look to trade Tatum as he'll be unhappy on a rebuilding team just like KAT and also be looking for a extension?

This is all two years too early, unless Minnesota has given up on KAT like Utah did Williams and decide to cut bait early.

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2019, 09:36:42 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

I agree!

They do have to move him if he wants to be moved, otherwise he's useless to them. Just a burden in locker room

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2019, 09:39:07 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
From Bleacher Report:

Timberwolves Receive: F Jayson Tatum, F Gordon Hayward, SG Carsen Edwards, C Robert Williams III, 2020 first-round pick (lottery-protected)

Celtics Receive: C Karl-Anthony Towns, C Gorgui Dieng

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2869094-trade-packages-and-landing-spots-for-timberwolves-star-karl-anthony-towns

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2019, 09:41:40 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
They do have to move him if he wants to be moved, otherwise he's useless to them. Just a burden in locker room
If you don't have the confidence to handle an unhappy player whom you just signed to a max 5 year extension then you should just sell your team and get into a new business the NBA isn't for you.

He just signed a 5 year deal, if he's unhappy the front office can tell him chill you just re-signed.

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2019, 10:22:37 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
So for all the terrible KAT trades we've seen,  this one actually isnt bad. Like its a lot to give up, but to get a guy as good as KAT you have to give up a lot.

That said MIN is NOT trading KAT. They dont have to even consider trading KAT for about three years. It may look like they're going nowhere, but if they are bad again this year they have some assets. They'll have a young lotto guy in culver, Covington's plus value deal, another lotto pick and so I imagine they could get in the market for another star. Even if they can't you take every minute you can and hope you get lucky in the draft or free agency.

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2019, 10:23:56 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
From Bleacher Report:

Timberwolves Receive: F Jayson Tatum, F Gordon Hayward, SG Carsen Edwards, C Robert Williams III, 2020 first-round pick (lottery-protected)

Celtics Receive: C Karl-Anthony Towns, C Gorgui Dieng

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2869094-trade-packages-and-landing-spots-for-timberwolves-star-karl-anthony-towns

Celtics arent trading two of their wings, and Wolves have absolutely no need for Gordon Hayward who can simply opt out and go elsewhere which he will since MIN would be rebuilding. This is a dumb trade.

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2019, 11:32:13 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
If you don't have the confidence to handle an unhappy player whom you just signed to a max 5 year extension then you should just sell your team and get into a new business the NBA isn't for you.

He just signed a 5 year deal, if he's unhappy the front office can tell him chill you just re-signed.

TP. My sentiments exactly. They just need to grow a pair instead of folding at the first rumblings of discontent. Some people are taking this player power business too far.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2019, 11:46:58 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
fantasy or reality?  I'd say it's your fantasy since you hop on any opportunity to try to get a big man regardless of the price paid.