Author Topic: Pickup ballers' profiles  (Read 2101 times)

Pickup ballers' profiles
« on: April 13, 2010, 05:53:07 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I just found this video and this list, and this is really hilarious, you will soon realize that you've met at least 5 of the types of ballers in the list, if you're not one of the (or multiple) types of the list yourself!

Enjoy :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgZ-KQKrzZ0&feature=player_embedded

1. “Johnny Clear Out” – That one guy on the court that always calls “Iso” every time he gets the ball.

2. “Cross-Country Dribbler” – That one guy on the court, that dribbles for minutes and minutest and makes the game tiring and boring because no one can take the ball from him.

3. “Point Center” – That one big guy on the court that always wants to bring up the ball. He never plays his position and is always hovering around the three-point line, even though he can’t shoot or dribble.

4. “Mr. Excuse” – That one guy on the court that has an excuse for all his bad shots and can never accept that his ball game is just not good.

5. "Rule Book Jones” – That one guy on the court that calls every single NBA call. “Back court violation, 3 in the key, illegal defense, 24 second clock violation, etc.”

6. “Hypothetical Dunker” – That one guy on the court that tells you to throw him a lob, before or during a game, knowing he can’t dunk.

7. “Immovable Fat Guy” – That one guy on the court that is just big, not big as in tall, but big as in round, and you just can’t get around him when he is dribbling or when a shot goes up.

8. “Richard Simmons” – That one guy you know, that always stretches for an unnecessary amount of time, when everyone is waiting for him to start the game.

9. “Player Coach” – That one guy on the court that always has these unrealistic plays in his head and makes you do them during a game. And on defense, always wants to run zone.

10. “40 year old fundamentals” – That one old white guy on the court that plays fundamental basketball, and can shoot the lights out.

11. “Always Fouled Guy” – That one very annoying guy on the court, that always calls foul every time there is some form of contact, even minor ones.

12. “Never Fouls Guy” – That one guy on the court that fouls everyone, plays defense with his hands, will literally do anything for the ball, and always thinks his defense is clean.

13. “Bad Gear Dude” – That one guy that comes to the court and plays in jeans, timbs, and a fitted on, and sometimes even a hoody.

14. “Foot locker Baller” – That one guy that has all the gear needed to play ball, but couldn’t play ball if his life depended on it. (Fresh new Jordans’, wristband, arm sleeve, leg sleeve, headband, mouth guard. Hell he might as well just put on a facemask)

15. “Dr. Quick Skins” – That one guy on the court that’s always quick to scream “Shirts Vs Skins” and then goes skins. During a game he thinks he is doing good, when actually his defender just doesn’t want sweat on him self.

16. “Baller The Kid” – That one kid that’s very good, and no one older then him wants to guard him because they don’t want to get embarrassed.

17. “WNBA” – That one girl that comes to the court and has hips and uses it to box out, hip check, and never stops running. When you end up guarding her, you can’t play her tight, but then at the same time you can’t let her embarrass you, and it’s just awkward because you don’t want to touch anything.

18. “Kid Canada” – That one guy on the court that just because he is white he thinks he can pass like Steve Nash. He gives you bad passes and always blames you for not catching it.

19. “Shoot Around *******s” – You know the group of guys that are always shooting around on the opposite rim, and then eventually their ball winds up interrupting the game. The first time you give the ball back and tell them to chill, second time you just give them a death glare, and the third time you just boot the ball as far as you can.

20. “The Cherry Picker” – That one guy on the court that has no stamina and never runs back on defense, he stays at your rim and always screams “Outlet!”

21. “The Baller” – That one guy on the court, that’s actually good, and has potential to go somewhere with basketball.

22. “The Fighter” – That one guy on the court that seems to come only to fight.

23. "Hot Sauce” – That one guy on the court that does all the And1 moves and never thinks he is carrying.

24. “Poster Boy” – The guy that comes to the court all dressed up, complains if you step on his basketball shoes, his hair is always in place and always has to stay clean.

25. “Conceited” – The guy that thinks he is so good, and talks **** to you for no reason.

26. “Kobe” – The guy that takes all the shots, never passes, and always screams “Kobe” when he shoots.

27. “Injury Prone” – The one guy on the court that some how always seems to get injured, to the point where when your guarding him you become careful.

28. “Score Cheater” – The one guy on the court, that always cheats the score. You look at him and ask, “Did you fail math? Honestly”.

29. “Jesus” – The guy with a lot of sportsmanship and always tells you, “Don’t worry about it, maybe next time”

30. “The Chucker” – That one guy that can’t lay-up or do anything else, but he can shoot, and as soon as he gets the ball no matter the situation he is shooting.

31. “Justin Darlington” – The guy who has super hops, shows it of by doing unbelievable dunks. But when it comes to 5’s he is absolutely useless.

I find myself to be a combination of the "Never fouls dude" and "Always fouled guy". ;D What's yours?

Re: Pickup ballers' profiles
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 05:55:01 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I'm #7. “Immovable Fat Guy”

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 08:08:10 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
ive seen that vid b4.  very funny and so true, lol

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 09:02:39 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I would classify myself as a mixture of "Dr. Quick Skins", and "Player Coach"... but I don't force my team to go skins... I just prefer skins myself, I don't sweat bad though, so it doesn't work to my advantage. I do try to get my teammates to remember a couple plays when I'm running the point, basic post ups and screens though, I don't go too overboard.

There needs to be a number for "Pretends he's indestructible"... I never call fouls in pickup games no matter how hard I get hit. I just feel like a baby if I call a foul. Sometimes it might cost my team the game... so it can become a problem.

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 09:22:40 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Where's undersized rebounder, good post game, sarcastic trash talker with varying levels of D?

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 09:42:11 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Call me hot sauce. I don't think I've made a play without traveling or palming since like middle school.

I got that fruity loop trick down amazing.. Always a good reason to be shirts.

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 10:33:25 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
I am injury prone. Last 2 times I played I left injured.

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 11:16:36 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'm probably 28 and 29 ;D

That's bad, huh? Lull you into a sense of vulnerability, and before you know it, my team has an extra point here and there.

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 11:17:59 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I'm probably 28 and 29 ;D

That's bad, huh? Lull you into a sense of vulnerability, and before you know it, my team has an extra point here and there.

You cheat and have Jesus-like qualities? I didn't think the two could be combined!  :D

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 11:24:40 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I'm #7. “Immovable Fat Guy”

Ditto.  Though I haven't played in years - the knees made me quit.  I was a lot like Big Baby.  A garbage man offensive rebounder, who could hit the jumper if you left me open.

And yes, I would get on those runs where I'd fight like hell for my own putback 4 or 5 times, but expend so much energy fighting for the ball that I'd miss the putback.

Yup