Author Topic: Will Phil Jackson Get Fined?  (Read 3984 times)

Re: Will Phil Jackson Get Fined?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 10:12:06 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5055390

Whaddaya think? Gotta be worth $25K, huh?  ;D

Actually it's looking like 35K! ;D

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5058557
I was hoping for $50K  ;D

Lol...35K or 50K...doesn't mean a lot to him...that man must be loaded. His timing was perfect though...playoffs are just around the corner.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 10:50:38 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
NBA refs are a joke. The way Stern handles the problem of NBA refs is an even bigger joke. I can't wait until Stern's reign as commissioner is over he's killing the NBA.

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 10:52:01 PM »

Kiorrik

NBA refs are a joke. The way Stern handles the problem of NBA refs is an even bigger joke. I can't wait until Stern's reign as commissioner is over he's killing the NBA.

Do you *really* think there won't be some other loon that will take his place and be just as horrible?

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 10:59:58 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
25K+ fine seems kinda harsh for what he said in that interview, I mean it's not like he dropped the F-Bomb like KG did after the loss to the Thunder. I know it's been said before but the NBA refs are kinda sketchy, first it was the gambling issue then the pre-season referee lockout and now these random incidents. I think this sort of stuff detracts from the game...I mean obviously I can't be too disappointed because it is the head coach of the Lakers who is being fined but the fine still in my opinion is quite excessive    :D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 11:24:33 PM by Witch-King »
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 11:46:43 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

Do you *really* think there won't be some other loon that will take his place and be just as horrible?

I don't think so Stern has been pretty terrible.