Author Topic: Cloverfield - 1:18:08 Thread  (Read 25637 times)

Re: Cloverfield - 1:18:08 Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 07:05:20 PM »

Offline Cooldude5t5

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 36
It is a movie based on the old arcade games Rampage, where three monsters destroy cities. At least that's what I think.

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 07:06:51 PM »

Offline newdusk

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
what does this have to do with the celtics?

Okay, seriously, what's with all the newbies complaining about threads posted in the off-topic section?  There is a lot of discussion on this blog that isn't strictly Celtics related, or even basketball related.  That's why we have multiple forums.

I had to give you a Tommy Point for that rant! You showed Hustle!

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 07:24:39 PM »

Offline warriorspirit

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 15
this kinda reminds me of the "LOST" online game with the whole hidden messages on wedsites.

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 07:29:23 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Very cool.  Keep updating us, since people like me are too lazy to put too much work into deciphering codes.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 08:09:29 PM »

Offline celtfan 3.0

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
  • Slusho makes me happy!
Very cool.  Keep updating us, since people like me are too lazy to put too much work into deciphering codes.

And people like me get way too addicted to things like this waay too quickly.

I emailed the addresses on slusho.jp and slushozoom.com.  Here are the automated responses I got.

from support@slushozoom.com:
Subject Line: I can hear it from here..
Body: Bring out the Bazzoookaa's - You only get one shot!

Please don't stand there..

Colossus...

Thats going to leave a mark..

From satoshi@slusho.jp:
Subject Line: [Auto-Reply] 1.18.08
Body: Slusho! loves your mails!! You Can't Drink Just Six!!!

They're also using myspace for marketing.  Check out this page - http://www.myspace.com/jamielascano - this is supposedly one of the girls on one of the pictures on 1-18-08.com.  If you look at her top "Friends," you will notice some of them on both 1-18-08.com as well as the movie trailer.  They also all have each other as their top friends, and all comments on all their pages start sometime around July 15th.

Because the movie is supposed to take place in January of 2008, it seems they are using myspace to basically create real "lives" of these characters before the monster invades NYC.  Very creative.  I think the "characters" will continue to live out their lives until the movie hits.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is bunny. Please copy and paste him to your sig so that he can achieve his dream of world domination.

Reggie Miller - "The East is a crap shoot."
Dan Patrick - "Emphasis on crap."

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2007, 08:18:25 PM »

Offline AHHH GiVE mE a bReaK

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 10
Well I hope they are paying you well.

hahahahaha thats exactly what i was thinking

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2007, 08:19:55 PM »

Offline bMunch

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 28
big creature that destroys a city.

japan's involved.

godzilla.

looks cool whatever it is.
“Man, I come home putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball. It’s sad, man." -- Kevin Garnett

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2007, 08:22:07 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
A Giant monster swims to New York to wreak Havoc on New York, and a Guy who's going to Japan soon catches it on Video? Isn't it too soon for another Godzilla movie?

Edit: I was beat to the punch.  :(

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2007, 08:51:37 PM »

Offline dwlefty13

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 3
This is off the chain. It's like a puzzle and your trying to solve it with the trailers but the trailers only gives you clues. Can't wait to the movie comes out, I'm sure it's exciting
Let's Go Celtics!!

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2007, 08:55:53 PM »

Offline OtherRedHead

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 5
this kinda reminds me of the "LOST" online game with the whole hidden messages on wedsites.

BINGO!

Bad Robot (production company for the movie)also works on the TV show Lost.  I bet this movie will be lostesque with the mystery and realism.  I'm in.

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2007, 09:04:31 PM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS
Well, to the OP, congrats, i've seen many topics on a bunch of different forums lately, and you seem to have unearthed the most info.

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2007, 08:16:38 AM »

Offline TheProphet

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 12
My b-day :)
LET IT FLY GERALD!

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2007, 01:20:33 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
http://www.anti-christ.com/

Related?  The title is Romans 1:18 - "The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness".  The website's translation is a bit off, but it all falls into the destruction theme of the other sites.

Ethanhaaswasright.com wasn't related, but a cool site, none the less.  Tough games that are good for wasting time.

CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2007, 01:23:01 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
It's also being rumored in a couple different sites (unofficial) that the movie is a remake of The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms from 1953, wherein the beast destroys Coney Island, etc.  Only 5 more months until we'll find out, right?

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2007, 12:01:16 PM »

Offline celtfan 3.0

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
  • Slusho makes me happy!
It's also being rumored in a couple different sites (unofficial) that the movie is a remake of The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms from 1953, wherein the beast destroys Coney Island, etc.  Only 5 more months until we'll find out, right?

JJ Abrams has said that this movie is in no way a remake or a sequel or a prequel a spin off or anything.  He may be completely lying thought.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is bunny. Please copy and paste him to your sig so that he can achieve his dream of world domination.

Reggie Miller - "The East is a crap shoot."
Dan Patrick - "Emphasis on crap."