Author Topic: My Personal Apology to Sully  (Read 13132 times)

Re: My Personal Apology to Sully
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2013, 01:19:15 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Totally agree. I've been on board for a while now. I love his game. If he or Bradley were to go, I'd vomit. Their energy and promise are what is invigorating us right now, no question. Pierce and KG seem to be fueled by it. Lee looks more confident, Green coming around. We could be a problem, man. This stretch is no fluke... and this trend is what we have seen for the past few seasons now... I'm pumped
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2013, 01:31:57 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
He's playing like a 5 or 6 year veteran out there. Not a rookie.

definitely. But let me add, he is playing like a vet out there but with rookie energy

Danny lucked out big time. Now we just need sully to lose a bit more weight and take care of his lower back for a long future with the team

This will be the key. I have to think he was red flagged for a reason and I'd hate to see that ruin what looks like a promising career.

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2013, 01:45:19 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Just to be an overexcited homer.

Sully's per 36 numbers are approaching Kevin Love's rookie year and Doc says he can shoot the 3 ball.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2013, 02:55:08 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Totally agree. I've been on board for a while now. I love his game. If he or Bradley were to go, I'd vomit. Their energy and promise are what is invigorating us right now, no question. Pierce and KG seem to be fueled by it. Lee looks more confident, Green coming around. We could be a problem, man. This stretch is no fluke... and this trend is what we have seen for the past few seasons now... I'm pumped
I agree and been saying this all along do not trade Sullinger, Bradley or Lee it'd be stupid. They are young fearless and have the right attitude true Celtics
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2013, 02:59:05 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Sully's per 36 numbers are approaching Kevin Love's rookie year and Doc says he can shoot the 3 ball.
Awesome

BTW TP for your avatar Scal-a-freakin brine  ;D
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2013, 07:58:47 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

Doc said?  We've seen him shoot the ball and know he can shoot. 8)
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2013, 08:09:02 AM »

Offline Rickretro

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
Jared, I'm sorry i've been doubting you. You got heart kid, You need to lose weight, but I think you have the potential to be a solid solid starter in the next 2 years. Danny, trade Bass + Melo for Gortat and be done. I'm officially on the "keep sully" bandwagon.

My bad round guy.
   Ditto for me.  I hated the pick when made and was sure he was to fat, slow and undersized to play the position.  Wrong.  From what my eyes tell me he can play against larger people due to his body positioning and smarts.  The guy is becoming a beast.  A smart beast.  Apology from me as well.

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2013, 09:22:25 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Shoot the 3 ball. I mean shoot threes. We haven't really seen him do that yet.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2013, 12:13:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Shoot the 3 ball. I mean shoot threes. We haven't really seen him do that yet.

announcers have said in practice he has been hitting threes regularly but they also stated in real games you can't have him doing that, bc who else is going to get offensive rebounds for you? who else is going to box out two guys at a time near the rim so that others can get rebounds or score an easy jump shot or layup??

Unless he is like ray allen in shooting threes which i doubt, he is more valuable playing from the free throw line to under the basket.

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2013, 12:18:16 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I loved the Sully pick, but didn't necessarily see him as a building block.  I saw him as easily moveable for Gortat.

Now, I'd have to think long and hard about that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2013, 12:23:16 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I wanted Perry Jones. I was wrong. I'm sorry Sully.

I wanted Jones for our Melo pick. Still up in the air

This might make you feel better - over his last 5 games for Maine Melo is averaging:

16.4 points (51.5% FG, 70% FT)
9.4 rebounds
6.2 blocks
32.6 minutes

He may still be far from a superstar, but he's certainly showing signs of his talent

He certainly has the build for the NBA, it will be his head that determines his career. I want to see how he does in a man defense at the NBA level.

As long as there are doorframes, I'm not sure if Fab Melo's head will ever be completely in an NBA game.

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2013, 12:27:15 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Surprised at how good he's been but happy to be wrong. I think beast mode needs to be renamed Sully Mode.

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2013, 02:43:42 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Nice to see everybody happily eat their crow ;D

Sully is a beast

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2013, 03:13:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Just for kicks (and i'm sure some of you well get a kick reading also), i been through a couple of rockets fan websites (clutchfans and thedreamshake) and some of the comments made by fans were,

" how can a fat guy who can't even jump, grab rebounds like that"

" Its not about Sullinger having a lucky game. We have put four different guys on him and he has outplayed everyone of them"

" Asik is being owned by Sullinger"

" How did we take Royce White over Sullinger"

and the best one

" Sullinger is killing us, when is he going to get off the court"

I get a kick reading these comments/perspectives about our boy. Its over at the phoenix fans websites, knicks website etc. Just like how it was at pre draft , fans initially don't think much of Sully. Or he has been lucky. Too fat and slow to do anything. And when he makes his mark at the games, they either want him out of the game or curse their gm's for not picking him when they had the chance. 

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2013, 03:22:05 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I loved the Sully pick, but didn't necessarily see him as a building block.  I saw him as easily moveable for Gortat.

Now, I'd have to think long and hard about that.

KEVIN LOVE 2.0!!!!!!!!

;D

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14