Author Topic: Anyone regretting their renewal?  (Read 2861 times)

Anyone regretting their renewal?
« on: May 10, 2019, 01:55:16 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Curious people's opinion seeing how the season ended.

Personally I am.

Kind of a [dang]ed if you do [dang]ed if you don't scenario for me.

Obviously if Kyrie stays that helps resale value, but from a pure enjoyment standpoint, I can't stand him.. and I see myself similar to this year not wanting to go to games. 
If he walks, that crushes resale value. The Celtics possibly regress and re-enter a semi-rebuilding phase.. considering we got price increases this year, that will be a tough pill to swallow. In this scenario we'll be eating a lot of tickets, selling under face and more often then not probably would have had the option to buy games for well under our costs if we weren't STM's.

I guess best case we sign kyrie, i just don't see it happening.

Moral of the story is Celtics unjustifiably increased prices this year.

Re: Anyone regretting their renewal?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 02:03:06 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Curious people's opinion seeing how the season ended.

Personally I am.

Kind of a [dang]ed if you do [dang]ed if you don't scenario for me.

Obviously if Kyrie stays that helps resale value, but from a pure enjoyment standpoint, I can't stand him.. and I see myself similar to this year not wanting to go to games. 
If he walks, that crushes resale value. The Celtics possibly regress and re-enter a semi-rebuilding phase.. considering we got price increases this year, that will be a tough pill to swallow. In this scenario we'll be eating a lot of tickets, selling under face and more often then not probably would have had the option to buy games for well under our costs if we weren't STM's.

I guess best case we sign kyrie, i just don't see it happening.

Moral of the story is Celtics unjustifiably increased prices this year.

I don't regret my renewal at all.  This year really sucked but this franchise has earned a bit of slack over the past decade plus.  They've been steadily trending upwards since pushing the reset button in 2013.  Obviously things can change if they take another step backwards. 

I'm confident next years team will be fun to watch regardless of the direction the team moves in.

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 08:46:37 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
re-asking this question seeing how this off season is playing out.

Gotta assume we will not be able to re-coup face for most games next year, hell i'd be surprised if the Celtics are even selling tickets in comparable sections over my cost next year at face value.

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 03:01:10 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Not yet. Every year for the past three, this team has surprised me. I'm hoping that this is year #4.

Mike

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 03:09:07 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Not yet.  Too many variables to make a conclusion until the off-season is over.  I hate the idea of Horford leaving but I'm still holding out hope for major improvements from Brown, Tatum, and Hayward.

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 03:29:04 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
re-asking this question seeing how this off season is playing out.

Gotta assume we will not be able to re-coup face for most games next year, hell i'd be surprised if the Celtics are even selling tickets in comparable sections over my cost next year at face value.

I'm certainly feeling regret right now. I thought and was hoping Kyrie would be around and we'd either get AD or a comparable player