Author Topic: Rumor: OKC likely to explore trade possibilities for Westbrook  (Read 12561 times)

Re: Rumor: OKC likely to explore trade possibilities for Westbrook
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2019, 01:09:25 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
The East is going to be a bloodbath next year if Westbrook to MIA comes into fruition.

PHI = Simmons/Horford/Embiid
MIL = Giannis/Middleton/Lopez
BOS = Walker/Tatum/Hayward
BKN = Irving/Durant/Jordan
IND = Brogdon/Sabonis/McConnell
MIA = Butler/Westbrook

Can't sleep on Orlando either.
Lol yes stacked with superstars such as TJ McConnell and Deandre Jordan. Not to mention Durant isn’t playing.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2019, 01:13:22 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I feel like the NBA will be fun again this year with so many stars branched out across the NBA. It really could be anyones title...especially with Golden state looking vulnerable.

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2019, 01:24:31 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Filed to ESPN: Sources say Rockets do have interest in a Russell Westbrook deal, but one well-informed source considers deal a "long shot" due to finding fit with Thunder and/or challenges of executing a complicated three-team deal.

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1147915216296009729?s=21

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2019, 01:26:16 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I feel like the NBA will be fun again this year with so many stars branched out across the NBA. It really could be anyones title...especially with Golden state looking vulnerable.

GSW is a lot more than vulnerable. Many people don't even have them with home court in the 1st round. The Curry/Russell fit will be important and Draymond will have to go back to pre-Durant Draymond; getting Klay back is the only thing that will make them contenders.

I agree with thinking the landscape of the NBA will be fun. People doubt the Cs, but I am genuinely excited to see them play to their full potential after absolutely not doing so last year.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 10:10:15 PM by jambr380 »

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2019, 01:27:57 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Filed to ESPN: Sources say Rockets do have interest in a Russell Westbrook deal, but one well-informed source considers deal a "long shot" due to finding fit with Thunder and/or challenges of executing a complicated three-team deal.

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1147915216296009729?s=21

So, finding a landing spot for Chris Paul. That seems considerably more complicated than just finding one for Westbrook.

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2019, 01:29:21 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359

GSW is a lot more than vulnerable. Many people don't even them with home court in the 1st round. The Curry/Russell fit will be important and Draymond will have to go back to pre-Durant Draymond; getting Klay back is the only thing that will make them contenders.

I agree with thinking the landscape of the NBA will be fun. People doubt the Cs, but I am genuinely excited to see them play to their full potential after absolutely not doing so last year.

yeah, I think they are going to be a really fun team to watch. Especially with everyone doubting them and the sour taste last season left. thats generally when this team performs the best.

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2019, 02:22:45 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Miami and OKC have so many mid sized salaries that they could pretty easily find a trade that fits into Miami's hard cap.  The real problem is OKC wouldn't want all of those players back so they would have to find a 3rd and maybe 4th team that would participate. 

I think this one would work (not sure if the Cavs would do it as it would make them a clear luxury tax team).

MIA - Westbrook, Dellavedova
OKC - Dragic, Waiters, Adebayo, Smith, Thompson or Henson
CLE - Adams, Olynyk
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2019, 02:40:40 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Miami and OKC have so many mid sized salaries that they could pretty easily find a trade that fits into Miami's hard cap.  The real problem is OKC wouldn't want all of those players back so they would have to find a 3rd and maybe 4th team that would participate. 

I think this one would work (not sure if the Cavs would do it as it would make them a clear luxury tax team).

CLE - Adams, Olynyk
Why would OKC do that?  They're losing Westbrook and Adams for nothing but cap space.  There are other ways they can get out of the luxury tax. 

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2019, 06:36:05 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

CLE - Adams, Olynyk
Why would OKC do that?  They're losing Westbrook and Adams for nothing but cap space.  There are other ways they can get out of the luxury tax.
I assumed Miami would send a 1st in the trade and they'd get Bam who is a solid young player.  And a guy like Dragic could be moved at some point this year for other pieces (perhaps even Thompson or Waiters).

The reality is, Adams is vastly overpaid and they are going to struggle to find a taker for Westbrook.  If the goal is to move on from him, then you get what you can tank, and add a couple of your own high draft picks to the haul they got for George.  Painful this year no doubt, but better off in the long run if they really do want to move on from Russ.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2019, 07:44:13 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The Bucks should go alll in on Russ. Send out Hill, Bledsoe, Ilyasova and picks!

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2019, 08:04:12 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

CLE - Adams, Olynyk
I assumed Miami would send a 1st in the trade and they'd get Bam who is a solid young player.  And a guy like Dragic could be moved at some point this year for other pieces (perhaps even Thompson or Waiters).

The reality is, Adams is vastly overpaid and they are going to struggle to find a taker for Westbrook.  If the goal is to move on from him, then you get what you can tank, and add a couple of your own high draft picks to the haul they got for George.  Painful this year no doubt, but better off in the long run if they really do want to move on from Russ.
Miami already owes their 2021 (unprotected) and 2023 (lottery protected until it becomes unprotected in 2026) to OKC.   So the best they could offer was a 2025 1st contingent on the 2023 1st conveying and it would have to convert to a 2nd in 2026 because you can't trade picks more than 7 years in the future.   They'll certainly be able to do better than that for Russ.

Edit:  Besides you don't trade a star player to a team whose draft picks you already have.   
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 10:10:11 PM by tazzmaniac »

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2019, 08:24:29 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
The Bucks should go alll in on Russ. Send out Hill, Bledsoe, Ilyasova and picks!

Interesting thought, but they just signed Middleton to a massive contract and basically had to give up Brogdon in the process. Need to save their piggy bank spending for Giannis, so I don't think they'd be inclined to absorb Westbrook contract.  Also, His poor outside shooting not a good fit with GF.

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2019, 08:28:42 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

CLE - Adams, Olynyk

Also why would Cleveland want Adams?

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2019, 09:08:11 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
No way, Bledsoe was bad in the playoffs sure, but Russ can be exploited in similar ways and unlike Bledsoe will just try to brick his way out of shooting woes.

Just not the sort of guy you want with Giannis, the guards around him need to be able to shoot. That's why I think choosing Bledsoe over Brogdon was a big mistake. (Brogdon's medical must really scare the Bucks imho)

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2019, 09:31:58 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I think Westbrook in Minnesota make sense in exchange for Wiggins and draft picks.

Minny gets a 1-2 combo of Westbrook and KAT and OKC puts together a nice back-court of Gilgeous Alexander and Wiggins.