Author Topic: Game 3, Sox vs Yanks  (Read 20750 times)

Re: Game 3, Sox vs Yanks
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2018, 06:44:18 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I am still miffed that we even had to play the Yankees now. The best team in the league has to face the third best team in the league who won 100 games in the first round of the playoffs. Just stupid.

It is crazy...we should face them next round and not this....Astros look super charged as well though so no matter what, we need to get through best two teams....American league crowns the Series champ this year

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2018, 06:45:04 PM »

• Don Nelson
I am still miffed that we even had to play the Yankees now. The best team in the league has to face the third best team in the league who won 100 games in the first round of the playoffs. Just stupid.
I do find it surprising that there isn't a seeding by record after the wildcard playoff.  I would have been p---ed if the Cubs won that game and the Brewers had to play the second best team in the National league

I agree, there should be

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2018, 06:45:05 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Always Love and Hate playing that NY team...lineup is confirmed now and it has my seal of approval minus Catcher....All offense in it. Tonight lets take a big bite out of the apple!
It's hard to follow, or even properly understand baseball as an Australian (too busy playing cricket ;)), but I do enjoy watching the close games.

Go Sox!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2018, 06:57:37 PM »

• Don Nelson
Always Love and Hate playing that NY team...lineup is confirmed now and it has my seal of approval minus Catcher....All offense in it. Tonight lets take a big bite out of the apple!
It's hard to follow, or even properly understand baseball as an Australian (too busy playing cricket ;)), but I do enjoy watching the close games.

Go Sox!

TP for watching! I wish I was in Australia now, winter came early today in Colorado! Where in Australia?

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2018, 07:11:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Go Sox!

Boy you must be "enjoying" the test match vs. Pakistan right now!  :P  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2018, 07:12:15 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Man I'm so nervous for this game, especially since it's at the Bronx. Excited, but also terrified.

Idk how my 20-year old self has been able to survive watching Boston Sports Playoff Games all these years  :P

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2018, 07:15:42 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Go Sox!

After our ball tampering scandal I am just to ignore test cricket until summer rolls around ;D

Go Sox!

TP for watching! I wish I was in Australia now, winter came early today in Colorado! Where in Australia?
Warm weather is just starting to roll into Australia, which I am ever so thankful for. TP back at ya!

I live in Melbourne :)

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2018, 07:20:45 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Go Sox!

After our ball tampering scandal I am just to ignore test cricket until summer rolls around ;D

Go Sox!

Warm weather is just starting to roll into Australia, which I am ever so thankful for. TP back at ya!

Well we play you during the winter (November - January) in a series  ;D (Yeah, I'm Indian)

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2018, 07:26:18 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Go Sox!

Go Sox!

Well we play you during the winter (November - January) in a series  ;D (Yeah, I'm Indian)
I am not at all excited about the prospect of playing you guys without Smith and Warner. Feel like Kohli will belt us :(

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2018, 07:39:52 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Go Sox!

Go Sox!

I am not at all excited about the prospect of playing you guys without Smith and Warner. Feel like Kohli will belt us :(

Idk, we tend to suck when we play away. Dominate at home but go to England, South Africa, Australia, etc. and we look like we don't know how to play cricket lol.

Anyways since I'm living in the U.S, I probably can't see the matches, especially ODI's which would start around midnight in the U.S  :P

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2018, 07:52:34 PM »

• Don Nelson
we might have two runs if game in Fenway- we got some strong swings in first..he is hittable tonight

Lets hope our pitcher is on

that crowd is louder then ours was

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2018, 08:03:32 PM »

• Don Nelson
Eovaldi touching 100 a few times- he looks on painting corners!! Go Sox!

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2018, 08:16:04 PM »

• Don Nelson
First blood, 1-0!

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2018, 08:22:12 PM »

• Don Nelson
3 new Sox players, 2 hits, stolen base and a run and I was wrong about catcher has he got rbi hit! Cora with the magic so far!

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2018, 08:45:45 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
This one is going to come down to the bullpen getting the job done or not