Author Topic: NBA Superstars Sign Contracts to Play in Global Tour  (Read 7371 times)

NBA Superstars Sign Contracts to Play in Global Tour
« on: October 24, 2011, 05:06:59 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

Some of the biggest names in NBA have entered in to a contract phase to play in a six-game, four-continent exhibition tour. It has been reported that fourteen of the eighteen players approached have signed the contract and the remaining four will sign in the near future.

Some of the players expected to play include Derrick Rose, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. Their salaries are expected to range from six figures up to $1 million.

The tour will start on October 30th in Puerto Rico and include two games in London, one in Macau and two, back-to-back, in Australia.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/216164/Superstars_Sign_Contracts_For_Global_Tour

Re: NBA Superstars Sign Contracts to Play in Global Tour
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 06:05:03 PM »

Offline Big_Dave31

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
The only shining light in this lockout!!

Rather than me going to the US (as I did this year) to watch games, they will be coming down to me. 

I will get court side seats to this for sure, as I have no doubt this will be the closest to an all-star game that I'll ever see! (leaving an Australian summer in Feb to go to a US winter does not entice me, May is ideal, as games are still played, and the weather is warmer)...

Who knows, hopefully, I can get floor seats and mock LeBron James once again, as I did in game 3 Vs. the Heat this past off-season, I've put this pic up before, but, this is my favourite pic! (I'm the bald dude holding the towell up to LeQueen's face!)..

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 06:49:54 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623

Rather than me going to the US (as I did this year) to watch games, they will be coming down to me. 

I will get court side seats to this for sure, as I have no doubt this will be the closest to an all-star game that I'll ever see! (leaving an Australian summer in Feb to go to a US winter does not entice me, May is ideal, as games are still played, and the weather is warmer)...

Who knows, hopefully, I can get floor seats and mock LeBron James once again, as I did in game 3 Vs. the Heat this past off-season, I've put this pic up before, but, this is my favourite pic! (I'm the bald dude holding the towell up to LeQueen's face!)..

AWESOME!!! TP!!!
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 02:26:25 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
i cant help but give you a TP as well...I love mocking LeQueen

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 03:01:46 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I'm wondering why so many players are going across seas as opposed to do something like a "Locked Out Tour" across the country.

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 04:22:28 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I'm wondering why so many players are going across seas as opposed to do something like a "Locked Out Tour" across the country.
Some players want to play legit games to stay sharp, especially younger guys. Others want to market their names, like Deron Williams. Other guys are playing in their countries of origin, like Galiniari.

If there was a domestic tour, I'm not sure many of the players abroad would be considered for it. Probably only Williams.

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 08:16:32 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Some players want to play legit games to stay sharp, especially younger guys. Others want to market their names, like Deron Williams. Other guys are playing in their countries of origin, like Galiniari.

If there was a domestic tour, I'm not sure many of the players abroad would be considered for it. Probably only Williams.

But even if a competing league isn't reasonable, why wouldn't they look into something like an 8 team league to tour? Would make life for a lot of people much easier and based off of how quickly Rondo's charity game sold out, you'd have to think it'd be fairly profitable.

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 01:30:22 AM »

Offline marshjose

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
It is very good news that all these players are playing the global tours.

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 02:29:19 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

AWESOME!!! TP!!!

So jealous. TP for your work on the front lines!
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 02:38:34 AM »

Offline Big_Dave31

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37

AWESOME!!! TP!!!

So jealous. TP for your work on the front lines!

One of the best experiences of my life! I'm actually heading back to Boston in May to watch my C's play again! Can't wait!