Author Topic: Chris Bosh mad and HOF snub  (Read 5945 times)

Re: Chris Bosh mad and HOF snub
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2020, 02:54:33 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
2× NBA champion (2012, 2013)
11× NBA All-Star (2006–2016)
All-NBA Second Team (2007)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (2004)
No. 1 retired by Miami Heat
ACC Rookie of the Year (2003)
First-team Parade All-American (2002)
Texas Mr. Basketball (2002)

Career averages of 19.2/8.5/2 on 49/34/80?

He's pretty much a lock to get in...

Like, I don't even understand the dislike for Bosh... He sacrificed his stats, achievements, and took so much adversity and criticism for trying to actually win something... His best teammate that he's probably ever played with minus the Heat is Jermaine O'Neal, and even then they both didn't click well enough and showed absolutely nothing for it despite Bosh doing his part.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2020, 03:00:08 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Chris Webber is definitely more deserving of being in the HOF than Bosh. In 7 seasons playing for Sacramento, Webber helped get the Kings to the playoffs 6 times. That playoff run, includes arguably the biggest referee mess up in sports history, where the Kings should have made the Finals. The Kings were serious threats during that time, but happened to coincide with the Lakers run with Kobe and Shaq. I don’t ever recall the Kings having similar success before or since Webber.

Also, controversy aside, his run at Michigan was historic. He was the leader of an all-freshman and later sophomore team that went to the finals in back-to-back years.

When Bosh was the man in Toronto, he managed to only help them make the playoffs twice in 7 seasons. As a Celtics fan, I never worried about Toronto during that time frame. For me, he was the type of player that put up meaningless numbers.

Since the HOF takes into consideration a basketball career, and not just the NBA, Chris Webber should be in before Bosh.

Webber played with Peja, Bibby, Divac, and a cast of excellent role players... Who was the best player Bosh played with during his Raptors tenure?
2006-2007 when they first made the playoffs, Bosh was 21 in his 4th season averaging 22.6 PPG, and the next best scorer was T.J. Ford at 14 PPG.

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2020, 04:56:53 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586

Like, I don't even understand the dislike for Bosh... He sacrificed his stats, achievements, and took so much adversity and criticism for trying to actually win something... His best teammate that he's probably ever played with minus the Heat is Jermaine O'Neal, and even then they both didn't click well enough and showed absolutely nothing for it despite Bosh doing his part.

As someone whose not a big fan of Bosh, here's my thoughts.  If you strip away the All-Star games, there's not a lot of accomplishments there.

While being an All-Star is certainly an accomplishment, it's the weakest award in my opinion.  It's biased towards fan favorites (more so in the past), weaker conferences, position, and politics with coaches/commissioners.  Some years 28-30 guys are All-Stars due to injuries (like in '07, '10, '15).  Also I see no indication under any of Dirk or Wade's list of achievement that their 2019 All-Star appearance were "honorary" and not legit.  Jordan was also essentially an "honorary" selection in his final year, while Kareem and Havlicek both allegedly got mercy injury replacement invites their final years (while nothing to do with Bosh, just trying to show reason to not hold number of All-Star game appearances in such high regard).

Bosh is a very good, All-Star caliber player no doubt.  It's just that he wasn't great.  How many times in his career would he be considered the top 5 PF/C in the game?  Was he ever a top 10 player?  Never proved anything as the #1 option.  Never in MVP contention.  Never in top 5 in any major statistical category, and only rarely cracked a top 10.

Would you take Prime Bosh over Prime Webber, Sheed, Jermaine O'Neal, Antawn Jamison, Elton Brand, A'mare Stoudemire, Carlos Boozer, LaMarcus Aldridge?  To me, that's the level of player Bosh was (not at the top of that list, but also not at the bottom), but blessed with better health (well until the blood clots), popularity, and the chance to play the role of Horace Grant on the Heat.

Chris Bosh has a lot of All-Star awards, just never proved himself as a great player (to me at least).

100% think he will make the HOF eventually though.  But if I was making the rules, he wouldn't be there (along with a bunch of other players too).  I want it to be the Hall of Greatness, not the Hall of Very Good.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2020, 06:01:31 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

As someone whose not a big fan of Bosh, here's my thoughts.  If you strip away the All-Star games, there's not a lot of accomplishments there.

While being an All-Star is certainly an accomplishment, it's the weakest award in my opinion.  It's biased towards fan favorites (more so in the past), weaker conferences, position, and politics with coaches/commissioners.  Some years 28-30 guys are All-Stars due to injuries (like in '07, '10, '15).  Also I see no indication under any of Dirk or Wade's list of achievement that their 2019 All-Star appearance were "honorary" and not legit.  Jordan was also essentially an "honorary" selection in his final year, while Kareem and Havlicek both allegedly got mercy injury replacement invites their final years (while nothing to do with Bosh, just trying to show reason to not hold number of All-Star game appearances in such high regard).

Bosh is a very good, All-Star caliber player no doubt.  It's just that he wasn't great.  How many times in his career would he be considered the top 5 PF/C in the game?  Was he ever a top 10 player?  Never proved anything as the #1 option.  Never in MVP contention.  Never in top 5 in any major statistical category, and only rarely cracked a top 10.

Would you take Prime Bosh over Prime Webber, Sheed, Jermaine O'Neal, Antawn Jamison, Elton Brand, A'mare Stoudemire, Carlos Boozer, LaMarcus Aldridge?  To me, that's the level of player Bosh was (not at the top of that list, but also not at the bottom), but blessed with better health (well until the blood clots), popularity, and the chance to play the role of Horace Grant on the Heat.

Chris Bosh has a lot of All-Star awards, just never proved himself as a great player (to me at least).

100% think he will make the HOF eventually though.  But if I was making the rules, he wouldn't be there (along with a bunch of other players too).  I want it to be the Hall of Greatness, not the Hall of Very Good.

All valid points which I agree with. I don't necessarily think Bosh deserves HoF, in fact if I had my way, I think I would take out quite a few. But I still think if we're going back to revisionist history, Bosh did help secure that clutch rebound which transpired to the pass to Ray Allen, and the rest is history.

Other than Webber, Brand, and Sheed, I wouldn't take Bosh over those players. Brand was an excellent PF, who used his strength, wide frame, and quickness with finesse post moves to allow him to dominate, and he improved his mid range jumper, so he can stretch and keep defenses honest. That being said, I'd think in any team, especially today's modern NBA, Bosh would be the perfect big to placate on any offense.

My point is people proclaim Bosh is 'soft,' but people forget his team quite literally didn't have any scoring options. His best teammate that he's ever played with was either Marion, O'Neal, or maybe Bargnani when he was clicking pretty well during the same season they traded for O'Neal.

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2020, 06:12:12 PM »

Offline Scottiej23

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 214
I don't think Bosh is a good enough player to be in the Hall of Fame.

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2020, 06:57:18 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

By current criteria, he easily gets in.  11x All-Star and a couple of titles.

He was never truly dominant and only made All-NBA once, but compared to many recent inductees, he’s not a close call.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2020, 09:23:31 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Compared to the 3 finalist, Bosh is nowhere that feat. Those 3 had 4 MVPs combined along with 50+ times All-Defensive, All-NBA teams combined and one of them was a DPOY.

Bosh only had 1 appearance in All-NBA team and was never an All-Defensive team member.

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2020, 01:18:10 AM »

Offline Scottiej23

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 214

By current criteria, he easily gets in.  11x All-Star and a couple of titles.

He was never truly dominant and only made All-NBA once, but compared to many recent inductees, he’s not a close call.

Yes, I definitely agree with you. The issue I have moreso is the criteria for getting in, the bar is too low in my opinion. Bosh shouldn't be in there, and neither should a few others that are already in.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 04:39:51 AM by Scottiej23 »

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2020, 09:20:24 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Who?

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2020, 10:09:43 AM »

Offline SDceltGuy

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday