Author Topic: Trade for Iggy rumors  (Read 8199 times)

Re: Trade for Iggy rumors
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 02:31:31 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2418
Here's a bit more on the Warriors' strategy going into the draft:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/06/05/SP421OT4KO.DTL&feed=rss.warriors

Here, specifically, is the scenario by which they hope to acquire a legit SF.

The Warriors ideally would like to deal the No. 7 pick, one of their selections in the 30s and Dorell Wright for an upgrade at small forward. Then, they could use the remaining pick (No. 30 or 35) on a big man, like St. Bonaventure's Andrew Nicholson, and have the mid-level exception to offer an experienced free-agent point guard.

To, me, Wright plus the #7 plus an early 2nd doesn't seem like enough value for Iguodala.

The Warriors also have Richard Jefferson on their books for the next couple of years, so it seems like they plan to make him a rather expensive backup.

A #7 pick plus D.Wright could be fine value if they feel Evan Turner can step into Iggy's shoes. I like D.Wright as a starting two guard in between Jrue Holiday and Turner. I think that trio will work well together. If they can pickup a quality prospect at #7, someone with All-Star potential, that could be a beneficial move for Philly.

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 02:45:49 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The Warriors also have Richard Jefferson on their books for the next couple of years, so it seems like they plan to make him a rather expensive backup.

Golden State would probably have to use Richard Jefferson as trade ballast if they acquire a big-contract SF.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 02:49:13 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Golden State would probably have to use Richard Jefferson as trade ballast if they acquire a big-contract SF.

Agreed. But, what's RJ's perceived value around the league? He's probably not seen as worth that contract.

I was kicking around the idea of a trade between Atlanta and GState, with Joe Johnson heading to the Bay. His contract is absolutely ghastly, though.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2012, 03:29:33 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
I think either of the RJ (remember it cost a first round pick for SA to get the better contract of Captain Jack for him) and Biedrins contracts are too toxic to fetch a player like Iggy with just Wright and the #7 pick tacked on.

Remember, our #7 pick in 2006 matched with Raef's comparably toxic contract brought us back another version of Raef (Ratliff) with one less year on his deal, and Sebastian Telfair, a 13th pick from a few years prior who hadn't impressed in his early seasons.

Very hard to see the addition of Dorrell Wright boosting the return of expiring + Telfair to 28-year old All-Star swing man. 

No, I think Golden St. will have to set their sights lower.  They might have a slight chance at Rudy Gay, if Memphis really wants to shed the long-term commitment. 

I think they would be better off drafting a player, developing them, and then trying to revisit deals next offseason when Jefferson and Biedrins are expiring.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2012, 03:40:44 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
I think they would be better off drafting a player, developing them, and then trying to revisit deals next offseason when Jefferson and Biedrins are expiring.

I would agree with this. I also think that given Bogut's injury history, the Warriors may be wise to keep Biedrins around as insurance.

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2012, 03:43:12 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

I would agree with this. I also think that given Bogut's injury history, the Warriors may be wise to keep Biedrins around as insurance.
Yeah, I agree too. I wasn't thinking about the contract. It's too much to take on.

Deal-breaker.

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2012, 03:54:09 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
I wonder if the Warriors might be better off moving up from #7 to select Kidd-Gilchrist to add to the Curry and Thompson core.

Would offering #7, #30 and potentially Wright be enough to move up a couple slots? Is there a team with a top 5 pick that might accept that kind of package?

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2012, 04:03:00 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1772
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It's funny, I really like Wright. Just last year he was considered an intriguing prospect, now he just seems like some sort of throw-in. If the Celtics could acquire him for something minor, I would be pretty psyched.

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2012, 04:08:44 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I wonder if the Warriors might be better off moving up from #7 to select Kidd-Gilchrist to add to the Curry and Thompson core.

Would offering #7, #30 and potentially Wright be enough to move up a couple slots? Is there a team with a top 5 pick that might accept that kind of package?
Reportedly, Cleveland have been offering their #4 pick and #24 pick to Charlotte for the #2 pick and to Portland for the #6 and #11 pick.

A comparison value wise of similar trade offerings.

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2012, 04:14:23 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

Reportedly, Cleveland have been offering their #4 pick and #24 pick to Charlotte for the #2 pick and to Portland for the #6 and #11 pick.

A comparison value wise of similar trade offerings.

Interesting. Asking Portland for both of their picks seems a little steep.

I could maybe see Charlotte biting on that.

Is Cleveland really targeting Barnes, or is that smokescreen?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221416/Sources_Cavaliers_Expected_To_Take_Barnes_At_No_4

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2012, 04:46:31 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I could see Phili trading Igi for the warriors package and then drafting Sullinger as there future PF after Brand.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2012, 10:18:59 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
Looks like the Raptors are going after the same type of player as Golden State:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/44989/sources-raptors-shopping-pick-for-forward

Toronto has a couple things they can offer that GState can't: enough cap room to almost absorb Iguodala outright, and Ed Davis.

Iguodala for #8 and Ed Davis? Could that do it for Philly?

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2012, 10:56:19 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Too bad Jeff Green isn't under contract.

I would definitely give him up for the raptor or warriors pick.