Author Topic: NFL 2023 Season  (Read 118602 times)

Re: NFL 2023 Season
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2023, 06:17:37 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
The AFC in general off to a very shaky start. Even the elite teams in the conference (KC/BUF/CIN) have been iffy and Burrow and the Bengals are now 0-2 as well.

Right now it feels like the only "Tier 1" teams in the entire league are Niners, Eagles and Cowboys

AFC has looked iffy to start in general. Maybe it's the result of a slow, relaxed preseason for most teams nowadays.

If Philly and Dallas are Tier 1, you must be reasonably pleased that the Pats played well enough to win last week. Also, a loss to Dallas would be expected. 
Tonight’s game and next week are huge for the Pats.

Dallas seems to be handling the Jets D pretty well so far - though only 10-0.

Dallas putting a lot of pressure on Wilson. Should be great for BB to watch this game and learn for weeks 3 and 4.

Yep  ;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2023, 06:40:19 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2558
Interesting to see Arizona up over the Giants 20-0 at halftime.

So… 60-0 start for Giants, averaging 20-0 per half.  Maybe makes the Cowboys appear a little less good?

I spoke too soon.

« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2023, 08:03:46 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1559
I LOVE that after Sean Payton talked all that crap about his predecessor the Broncos are 0-2. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2023, 09:12:16 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1559
Chubb got so gruesomely injured, they didn't show the replay on television, but did in the stadium and the Steelers fans audibly groaned and then cheered for him when he was carted off.  You know that it must be bad.  Direct shot to the knee, must be really bad.  Terrible news.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2023, 09:48:00 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1696
Chubb got so gruesomely injured, they didn't show the replay on television, but did in the stadium and the Steelers fans audibly groaned and then cheered for him when he was carted off.  You know that it must be bad.  Direct shot to the knee, must be really bad.  Terrible news.

Worst knee injury I’ve seen in a long time.  Horrific.

« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2023, 12:07:05 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016

Browns head coach said Nick Chubb is out for the season with knee injury.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2023, 01:26:52 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

I figured that would be the case. I'm thinking he might not even be back until midway through next season. By the look of that injury on slow-mo replay, I'm thinking that everything in his knee must've gotten shredded.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2023, 03:42:29 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 378

I figured that would be the case. I'm thinking he might not even be back until midway through next season. By the look of that injury on slow-mo replay, I'm thinking that everything in his knee must've gotten shredded.
He may never come back. He tore that same knee up in college. Sad.

« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2023, 07:43:02 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 991

He may never come back. He tore that same knee up in college. Sad.

Yep.  He tore his LCL, MCL, and PCL in that same knee eight years ago.  Terrible.

« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2023, 08:10:55 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1626
  • What a Pub Should Be
Just awful.  Very McGahee-esque injury.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2023, 10:55:12 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 432
Did Watson shove an official?? If so should be suspended
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2023, 11:03:44 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 432
Plus the steeler defender should be suspended on that hit against Chubbs..he turn his body & went for his knees
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2023, 11:52:55 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
Plus the steeler defender should be suspended on that hit against Chubbs..he turn his body & went for his knees

It looked dirty but it was so bang-bang that it really was more unfortunate that anything.  He went low on a big RB.  That's kinda the norm with defensive backs taking down RBs.  The unfortunate aspect was that someone was going high on Chubb just as Minkah started going low.  It just set up the injury but it was really just awful timing.

« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2023, 04:32:58 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
You don't see this every day.

Reports: Chicago Bears defensive coordinator resigns amidst FBI raid
Alan Williams is out for the Chicago Bears, already off to an 0-2 start
JOHN BRICE3 MINUTES AGO
The Chicago Bears have bumbled their way to an 0-2 start, saw their alleged franchise quarterback cite "Coaching" as to why he appears to be playing robotic and, now, have also lost their defensive coordinator -- reportedly amidst FBI raids at both the coach's home and Halas Hall, headquarters of the NFL franchise.

Alan Williams is out as the Bears' defensive play-caller; the veteran NFL assistant of more than two decades resigned Wednesday as multiple Chicago outlets reported that authorities had raided both the Chicago-area home of Williams as well as Halas Hall, home of the fabled franchise that has posted just one winning season across the last decade.

Williams issued a statement.

"I am taking a step back to take care of my health and my family," Williams said in his statement, which confirmed his immediate resignation from the franchise. "I appreciate the opportunity to work with the Chicago Bears, a storied NFL franchise with a rich history.

"The McCasky family is first-class and second to none. I would also like to thank Matt Eberflus and (G.M.) Ryan Poles for giving me the opportunity to come to Chicago.

"I would also like to thank (franchise) President Kevin Warren, the coaches and player(s) of which I value the relationships and camaraderie. I value the NFL shield and all that it stands for and after taking some time to address my health, I plan to come back and coach again."

A William & Mary graduate, Williams has worked in the NFL since 2001, when he was first hired as an assistant coach with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Though Williams stated his intent to eventually return to coaching, at least three separate outlets cited raids by law enforcement as why Williams abruptly resigned.

« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2023, 05:24:42 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

It looked dirty but it was so bang-bang that it really was more unfortunate that anything.  He went low on a big RB.  That's kinda the norm with defensive backs taking down RBs.  The unfortunate aspect was that someone was going high on Chubb just as Minkah started going low.  It just set up the injury but it was really just awful timing.

Yeah, I didn't think it was dirty. Trying to go high on a bruiser like Chubb is usually a recipe for failure.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis