Author Topic: League Pass Broadband in the USA  (Read 1488 times)

League Pass Broadband in the USA
« on: January 20, 2009, 06:29:13 AM »

Offline christuffa

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 70
  • The Sniper
Hi,

I have league pass broadband in Australia. I am interested to know what the program is like in the US. I have seen images and ads which say you can watch 3 games at once. Is this correct? Is it a good quality stream of each and can you easily switch from one to the other? In Australia you can only play one game at a time and it is usually very laggy and buffers a lot. It's like watching the game on dialup at times.

Also, as of today they have a new schedule system for the replays. Which is absolutely ridiculous!
They now start the first replay 5.5 hours after the game started (Eg, the PHX game was first shown at 2am, but tip-off was at 8:30pm). And then the following replays are at 2.5 hour intervals. This is frustrating because the actual replay, when you take out the time outs, half time and quarter breaks is only 1.5 hours long. So you get about an hour at the end of the game with no coverage at all.

This was different prior to today, because as soon as the replay was finished, it started over again. This was good because there was continuous coverage, but bad because I would have to cover the screen to check the time of the game and make sure I wasnt coming into the game at the end of the 4th. However, if it was the end of the 4th, I knew I would only have to wait 15 mins and I could come back to watch in the 1st quarter.

So, could anyone in the US or other countries please tell me what their league pass broadband is like compared to the above? I believe we are really getting sub-standard service down here in Australia and it blows!

Thanks
Chris

Re: League Pass Broadband in the USA
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 06:38:23 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I have International League pass, it's not great but certainly better than nothing, and better than silly streams or Chinese streams that I've had to settle for in recent times. For what it's worth, I have a friend who has both ILP and LP for when he's in the US and he said LP is 10x better.

Re: League Pass Broadband in the USA
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 06:55:04 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I have NBA League pass broadband in the US. Its pretty good. It does buffer a bit much at times but that is a function of my connection rather than the service I believe. You can only watch one game at a time as far as I can tell but it is easy and quick to swap between them. You can also play replays of the games pretty quickly on demand for a few days after the game. You are able to move around in the replays easily for the most part. The only complaint I'd have is that the image quality is lower than I'd hoped when I bought it. But its roughly the same as a normal TV broadcast. (I love HD)

I've been satisfied with the service.