Author Topic: Rozier On Get Up! & First Take Today  (Read 25931 times)

Re: Rozier On Get Up! & First Take Today
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2019, 01:57:38 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Rozier is making sure Boston does not match any RFA contract he is given. Just trying to talk his way out of town.
That also makes sense.

I don't think Ainge gives a crap. He'll maintain leverage the whole way.

« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2019, 02:04:09 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Here's some of the video from the First Take article. In this one he basically says that he wasn't able to play the way he could play because of Kyrie and Gordon. Apparently he had to share the ball with Kyrie for half his minutes and with Gordon for the other half and that the ball was never in his hands and that he felt Gordon's usage was really high and they ran a lot of plays for him. Obviously Kyrie had a usage of 28% but Gordon had a usage of 18% and in fact he was the one who often was standing in the corner.

https://youtu.be/EBRYxN4MLPk?t=77

That is rich Terry...I mostly screamed at my TV all season because Hayward didn't shoot enough and was looking to pass while Rozier shot every time he got the chance. Perception vs Reality Terry.

Straight Up Delusional Terry... Does he really genuinely believe himself to be a top point guard in the league as he stated? Or that he sacrificed his talent for Kyrie and Gordon?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2019, 02:08:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
https://youtu.be/EBRYxN4MLPk

When you listen to this part of the interview

It was very tough for him

From handling the ball....to corner shooter

Never got into a rhythm

« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2019, 02:11:46 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
The funny thing about all of this is that even if you took Kyrie and Hayward off the team, Rozier is clearly still not a starter with Smart, Brown, and Tatum all clearly ahead of him.

Let’s not forget the fact that Rozier only started for us down the stretch and in the playoffs last year due to both Kyrie AND Smart being out with injury, as Smart was starting when Kyrie went down. And once Smart came back midway through the first round it didn’t make sense to put a rusty guy right back in the starting lineup, which is why Rozier stayed as starter.

All of this talk from Rozier that ultimately stems from a mere 30+ game good stint he had as a starter that he was forced into due to significant injuries to two guards better than him lol

« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2019, 02:16:16 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Guess we know who made the comments about Kyrie after Milwaukee knocked us out of the playoffs.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2019, 02:18:22 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
All of this talk from Rozier that ultimately stems from a mere 30+ game good stint he had as a starter that he was forced into due to significant injuries to two guards better than him lol

Don't @ me.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2019, 02:19:41 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
End of the day blame Danny

How could he have not known this?

You cant just be like ...I understand Terry

But also have the mindet.... I will still keep you, just in case

Would have been much smarter to trade for vets who understand their roles

« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2019, 02:20:13 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Rozier is making sure Boston does not match any RFA contract he is given. Just trying to talk his way out of town.
That also makes sense.

This cannot be said loudly enough. Danny Ainge really, really doesn't care if Terry is happy or not. Not when it comes to "basketball decisions".

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2019, 02:21:27 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Sounds like if Kyrie stays, i want out..if he Kyrie leaves, I stay
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2019, 02:21:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
That also makes sense.

This cannot be said loudly enough. Danny Ainge really, really doesn't care if Terry is happy or not. Not when it comes to "basketball decisions".

Yep but its not smart

« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2019, 02:28:15 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
This makes the Kyrie vs. Rozier decision a no-brainer. Which would we have, a moody, selfish and disgruntled PG who’s got All-NBA talent, or...a moody, selfish and disgruntled PG who’s got borderline starter talent?

I mean, if Rozier has been playing the right way all year his comments would be impactful. Now, he’s just shooting himself in the foot. If anything, this will reduce offers he gets on the market because teams will be less concerned about Danny matching.

« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2019, 02:34:04 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
This makes the Kyrie vs. Rozier decision a no-brainer. Which would we have, a moody, selfish and disgruntled PG who’s got All-NBA talent, or...a moody, selfish and disgruntled PG who’s got borderline starter talent?

I mean, if Rozier has been playing the right way all year his comments would be impactful. Now, he’s just shooting himself in the foot. If anything, this will reduce offers he gets on the market because teams will be less concerned about Danny matching.

Why wouldnt Danny match?

If Irving walks, cant sign/trade for a pg

Rozier should be kept

« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2019, 02:35:53 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
"I sacrificed obviously my talent the most," he said. "I think me being out there and giving my full style of play, how Terry Rozier play. I feel like I couldn't be that person this year."

"Obviously in the shadow of some guys ... the ball was in either Kyrie's or Gordon Hayward's hands most of the time. I feel like Terry Rozier was just in the corner or on the bench," he said.

He said he had a positive mindset before the season started but once Irving announced to the fans that he would re-sign with Boston this summer as a free agent if they wanted him back, "things shifted left for me and I just seen the way people treated me with their attitudes and I was just thrown all the way in the backseat. I just had to adjust to that."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26745986/rozier-to-go-celts-stay-intact (a summary for people who can't watch the videos)

1.) I feel like he has his own face tattooed on him.

2.) Despite a slight reduction in minutes, not much changed in terms of his role.

3.) Who is telling him he's an All-Star in waiting? Someone in his camp is feeding his ego.

4.) Gordon - even coming off of his injury - was still a superior player.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2019, 02:38:10 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I listened to both the full interviews, I don't think anything came off bad here.  Especially not like some of you are making it out to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXepblIHOpM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgh6Hwjxe6Q

The season didn't go well for anybody, he didn't really trash anybody, just explained why he was frustrated.  He has a right to be frustrated, even if he didn't play well (which is all the more reason for him to be frustrated).

In response to playing with Kyrie/Hayward, he said: "I'm not explaining what went wrong for the team, I'm talking about what went wrong for me."  That's fair.

Talking about "attitudes" he said you're dealing with everyone's attitude, himself included.  You got guys who are the man, who want to be the man, who are getting paid, want to get paid, it's not easy for coaches.  Said this was the most talented team he's ever played on.  Also seems fair to me.

The guy is 24 years old, on rookie contract, and had a big drop in minutes.  Does anybody really blame him for wanting a bigger role and wanting to get paid?

I find nothing wrong with the 8th man in the rotation who could be a top 3-5 man somewhere else not wanting to come back to the same situation.

I don't hear him trashing teammates, coaches, or Boston.  I just hear him explaining his frustrations with this season.  Did you expect him not to be frustrated?  Team didn't win and he didn't play well.  Same role for Rozier but team won 65 games and wins the Finals next month, he'd probably be a lot less frustrated.  We all would be.

I thought Rozier played like crap this year, don't care to have him back (because I don't think there's a good role for him here), but have no problem with anything Rozier said.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2019, 02:45:34 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
While everyone's worried about Kyrie....

[Rozier] also said he could see himself playing for the Knicks next season. He was asked directly about that, though, didn't bring it up himself.

https://twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/1128369952765902848
2021 Houston Rockets