Author Topic: I’m Moving On. AD Doesn’t Want BOS & Trading Tatum For A Rental Would Be Idiotic  (Read 28402 times)

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
It does bother me a little that he's fine playing for the dumpster-fire Knicks or the small-town Bucks but not Boston.

As RJ said, this really isn’t even true.  These reports are essentially political plays.

All of these rumors and reports are like the weather. You don't like it? Wait a day and it'll be completely different. I'm not going to let it affect my mood now when it's not going to matter tomorrow and I'm rooting for a team jostling for playoff seeding.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
It does bother me a little that he's fine playing for the dumpster-fire Knicks or the small-town Bucks but not Boston.

As RJ said, this really isn’t even true.  These reports are essentially political plays.

All of these rumors and reports are like the weather. You don't like it? Wait a day and it'll be completely different. I'm not going to let it affect my mood now when it's not going to matter tomorrow and I'm rooting for a team jostling for playoff seeding.

Hell yeah, sit back and enjoy.  Imagine being 90% of the other teams?  We’re killin it

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

LOL in terms of weather meanwhile it's like 60 degrees today in February, a week after it was like -10  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Stop buying into Rich Paul’s propaganda, Phantom. That’s all this is. Once AD becomes a C this summer, he’ll be ****ting shamrocks this time next year.

It makes no sens that AD would not want to be here long-term, especially with the 99.9% chance that Kyrie re-signs after an AD trade. He’s not leaving in 2020, very possibly after a championship year, to go to the Lakers with a 36 year old Lebron and who knows what else.

"Makes no sense", yet he did not say he would want to be here, while he definitively said he would sign long term with 3 other teams. His father has publicly criticized the Celtics, and said he doesn't want his son here.

What makes no sense is Ainge offering much of value this off season. The guy has made it known he doesn't want to be here. You can't give up the future of the franchise on the hopes you'll change his mind.

And while we're at it, screw his father. Every teams trades it's players, yet he somehow treats the Isaiah Thomas trade as something sinister? Because Thomas spoke well of the organization, the Celtics owed him something they didn't other players? Thomas is a Celtic for 2 and a half years and his trade was some horrible betrayal? Forget him and Thomas both. If Davis' father is a major factor in his career decisions, I wouldn't make anything other than a low ball offer. Even if AD tells Ainge he'll stay or consider staying long term, his father will be in his ear preaching greener pastures. There's no part of this situation we can trust, and the only way we'll get him is giving up Tatum.

Hard pass.

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
If AD doesn't want to come here, it's because the city hasn't done enough to convince him. And I don't blame the Celtics at all.

No, I put the blame firmly on the back of one man: Tom Brady. When Kevin Durant was a possibility, Brady hopped on an airplane as soon as they asked him to. But for AD? Nada. This AD drama has been going on for weeks, and Brady was nowhere to be found. Heck, he was seen drinking in Boston today!

For shame, sir. You may not realize this, but I can't imagine that there's anyone that the people of New Orleans would rather see than a Super Bowl MVP.

Screw it. I'll never eat avocado ice cream now.

Mike

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
If AD doesn't want to come here, it's because the city hasn't done enough to convince him. And I don't blame the Celtics at all.

No, I put the blame firmly on the back of one man: Tom Brady. When Kevin Durant was a possibility, Brady hopped on an airplane as soon as they asked him to. But for AD? Nada. This AD drama has been going on for weeks, and Brady was nowhere to be found. Heck, he was seen drinking in Boston today!

For shame, sir. You may not realize this, but I can't imagine that there's anyone that the people of New Orleans would rather see than a Super Bowl MVP.

Mike

Brady, Pierce, Garnett, Ortiz all need to step up. Even Edelman has made his pitch (during SB week)  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

LOL in terms of weather meanwhile it's like 60 degrees today in February, a week after it was like -10  :P

Exactly.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Re: I’m Moving On. AD Doesn’t Want BOS & Trading Tatum For A
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2019, 04:40:20 PM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Anthony davis comments on boston in 2017.. HE DOES NOT WANT TO COME HERE. PLEASE DONT TRADE TATUM FOR THIS GUY!!!!

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/19/anthony-davis-boston-celtics-trade-pursuit-isaiah-thomas-new-orleans-pelicans/

"But in an interview with ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, Davis discussed the Celtics’ pursuit for his services last season and how his feelings about his place in New Orleans have evolved since the Isaiah Thomas trade.

“He told me that [Boston] was calling, but nothing was going to happen,” Davis said of Pelicans GM Dell Demps. “At the same time, though, you see how organizations treat players. Isaiah Thomas. DeMarcus [Cousins] told me that the [Kings] told him that he wasn’t going to get traded, but they traded him. Isaiah took his team to the Eastern Conference Finals, and they traded him.

“It makes you wonder: Does this organization really have my back? I’ve been loyal to this organization. I love it here. I love this team. I think we’re moving in the right direction. DeMarcus, [Rajon] Rondo, some other players that are helping us, but people get judged on winning. And I want to win.”

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
Part of me hope NO will fleece the lakers, take all their good players and draft picks, and screw their cap space with garbage contracts, so I won’t hear in the next 3 years any star player want to join the lakers.

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2019, 05:02:53 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
“It makes you wonder: Does this organization really have my back? I’ve been loyal to this organization. I love it here. I love this team. I think we’re moving in the right direction. DeMarcus, [Rajon] Rondo, some other players that are helping us, but people get judged on winning. And I want to win.”

Good thing he's being loyal to the organization. He clearly loves it there and loves that team. He thinks that they're moving in the right direction.

Wait, what, he wants to leave? Gotcha. Forget any of what he said. Any of it.

Mike

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2019, 05:10:00 PM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens

Good thing he's being loyal to the organization. He clearly loves it there and loves that team. He thinks that they're moving in the right direction.

Wait, what, he wants to leave? Gotcha. Forget any of what he said. Any of it.

Mike

he said that in 2017... when pelicans GOT demarcus... that has since changed... rondo is gone to LAKERS.. demarcus on GS... but nothing has changed on the Celtics end in regards to that IT comment he made.. and his father echoed the same thing a few days ago... he doesn't want to be here... move on

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2019, 05:12:43 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Anthony davis comments on boston in 2017.. HE DOES NOT WANT TO COME HERE. PLEASE DONT TRADE TATUM FOR THIS GUY!!!!

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/19/anthony-davis-boston-celtics-trade-pursuit-isaiah-thomas-new-orleans-pelicans/

"But in an interview with ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, Davis discussed the Celtics’ pursuit for his services last season and how his feelings about his place in New Orleans have evolved since the Isaiah Thomas trade.

“He told me that [Boston] was calling, but nothing was going to happen,” Davis said of Pelicans GM Dell Demps. “At the same time, though, you see how organizations treat players. Isaiah Thomas. DeMarcus [Cousins] told me that the [Kings] told him that he wasn’t going to get traded, but they traded him. Isaiah took his team to the Eastern Conference Finals, and they traded him.

Yet he says this in the same article:

“You look at the Warriors, Cleveland, Boston,” Davis said. “They lose Gordon [Hayward], they’re still playing well. KD-Steph-Draymond-Klay. They play so well with each other. They move the basketball. They don’t care who scores. Steph and Draymond are out, and they still won. KD is out. They still win.”

“That’s the way the league is now: I don’t see anyone winning without three or four All-Stars,” Davis added.

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
The reality is that getting AD for a rental might be the only way you keep Kyrie here.  So if you are Danny you have 3 choices:

1) Wait until the offseason, pull the trigger on the AD trade (even if it includes Tatum), re-sign Kyrie, and hope those two bring you Banner 19 and that entices AD to sign long term.  Even if he leaves, your consolation prize is a championships.  But you must win the ring

2) Punt on AD.  Try to sign Kyrie, and if he decides to walk away run it back with the remaining core, which still could be the #1 team in the East, but is probably worse off.

3) Trade Kyrie now to get something back for him if you think he really is going to leave.

Option #3 is extremely unlikely because even if Kyrie was 50/50 to re-sign, trading him now would be a huge gamble on the remaining roster and now you are definitely out of the AD sweepstakes in the summer as adding him without Kyrie makes no sense.

Option #1 is becoming increasingly less likely as Rich Paul's assault on Boston at the very least has to make you concerned that AD would not re-sign here, even with a championship, and that puts a ton of pressure on the 2019 team to win it all because your team is gutted beyond that.

That's why #2 is the likely scenario, as Kyrie is till probably at least a 50% chance to re-sign even without a Finals appearance this years, and I would guess that making the Finals is a lock he re-signs.

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362

Mike

Brady, Pierce, Garnett, Ortiz all need to step up. Even Edelman has made his pitch (during SB week)  :P

Are we allowed to talk to him now to try to convince him or do we have to wait till the summer?
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2019, 06:26:07 PM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens

Yet he says this in the same article:

“You look at the Warriors, Cleveland, Boston,” Davis said. “They lose Gordon [Hayward], they’re still playing well. KD-Steph-Draymond-Klay. They play so well with each other. They move the basketball. They don’t care who scores. Steph and Draymond are out, and they still won. KD is out. They still win.”

“That’s the way the league is now: I don’t see anyone winning without three or four All-Stars,” Davis added.

whats your point? that he said Boston was playing well at the time? yes they were. that's a fact.. Should he have lied and said they weren't? that doesn't deter from the fact he thinks Celtics are disloyal.. and so does his dad.