Author Topic: Report: Chaos in Cleveland; James cussing out Cavs executives  (Read 3750 times)

Re: Report: Chaos in Cleveland; James cussing out Cavs executives
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2018, 06:32:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Cleveland should suspend him, and see how hard the other guys play when ownership stands up to LeBron thinking he owns the team. Imagine the look on his face when the team wins a few without him.

As for totally absurd trades, LeBron for Hayward & Morris works. Irving would looooooove it.

Beautiful Idea! DO IT!  :laugh:

And honestly I kind of hope Isaiah, Crowder, etc. all demand trades out of there LOL. Frankly I think they need to escape that toxic environment.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2018, 06:47:53 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Cleveland should suspend him, and see how hard the other guys play when ownership stands up to LeBron thinking he owns the team. Imagine the look on his face when the team wins a few without him.

As for totally absurd trades, LeBron for Hayward & Morris works. Irving would looooooove it.

And honestly I kind of hope Isaiah, Crowder, etc. all demand trades out of there LOL. Frankly I think they need to escape that toxic environment.

Can they escape a toxic environment they've contributed to? Particularly IT. His finger pointing isn't doing that team any favors, and the fanbase has completely turned on him. Recently, IT called out their defensive effort. Let that sink in. Isaiah. Calling. Out. Defense. Fans let him have it on reddit. As one fan so eloquently put it:
How tone-deaf can you possibly be. You enter this championship team of established veterans, play like *ss for a month straight and go around calling dudes out? It's not even "we gotta step it up" kind of talk, it's "why do you all suck so much" talk. **** dude.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2018, 06:57:50 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I do remember when the Irving/Thomas trade went I had posted something to the effect:
Crowder would be a sub
James would leave when his contract was up
Thomas would leave for better contract
Zizac might not pan out
Draft pick.....

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2018, 06:58:08 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

Would be the most glorious tank job ever if they just sent LeBron home to sulk, and had a fire sale on everything else. Their own pick could go as high as #10 or so with Love also out for a long time.

If I'm Cleveland ownership, my dream is to have 2+ lottery picks, clear some bad contracts, and maybe make a play for Anthony Davis + cap room.

Kevin Love + #5 + #10 + more draft picks isn't a terrible start.

But no, I'm sure they'll just keep everything real miserable for a few more months instead.

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2018, 07:11:14 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I do remember when the Irving/Thomas trade went I had posted something to the effect:
Crowder would be a sub
James would leave when his contract was up
Thomas would leave for better contract
Zizac might not pan out
Draft pick.....

What ever happened to Zizic. Cavs never give him playing time even if the rest of the team is playing trash one night (getting blown out).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2018, 07:13:57 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Would be the most glorious tank job ever if they just sent LeBron home to sulk, and had a fire sale on everything else. Their own pick could go as high as #10 or so with Love also out for a long time.

If I'm Cleveland ownership, my dream is to have 2+ lottery picks, clear some bad contracts, and maybe make a play for Anthony Davis + cap room.

Kevin Love + #5 + #10 + more draft picks isn't a terrible start.

But no, I'm sure they'll just keep everything real miserable for a few more months instead.

TP....great idea. I'd do it in a heartbeat and let the king play with a bunch of d-Leaguers. Hey, threaten him with that unless he revokes his NTC.

As nick said in the thread on a Cavs/Lakers trade, Gilbert doesn't have the stones to do any of that.

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2018, 07:40:59 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428

Can they escape a toxic environment they've contributed to? Particularly IT. His finger pointing isn't doing that team any favors, and the fanbase has completely turned on him. Recently, IT called out their defensive effort. Let that sink in. Isaiah. Calling. Out. Defense. Fans let him have it on reddit. As one fan so eloquently put it:
How tone-deaf can you possibly be. You enter this championship team of established veterans, play like *ss for a month straight and go around calling dudes out? It's not even "we gotta step it up" kind of talk, it's "why do you all suck so much" talk. **** dude.
IT will work on defense.  His size is a negative but he gives his all.  Not all of his teammates can say that

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2018, 07:41:29 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
el oh el! this guy is just trash compared to all the past "best" players in the league.

he runs the team and when it doesn't work out he turns and blames the front office. this right here is why I will never concede the he's "one of the greatest to ever play the game". he's not in my top 5 and I doubt he'd make my top 10.

he's a joke.

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2018, 07:49:38 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
If it weren't for Lebron's NTC, I think CLE would have shipped him out by now.  :laugh:

Yeah, I think this is the most underrated part of the story. He could do Cleveland a HUGE favor and help them kick-start a rebuild, but he is refusing to waive his NTC. And it's not like he would get sent off to SAC - he can choose where wants to go.

This seems bad, but we haven't seen the worst of it yet (Cleveland losing in the 2nd round of the playoffs and then ditching the city/team in FA).

Max Kellerman (although I hate his anti-Boston takes) made a good point, that Lebron would not waive his NTC because he wants to win titles, and so gutting your roster to acquire Lebron does not accomplish that. Better to just wait until FA and join that team with most of it's roster intact (like Houston or San Antonio). But that's assuming he even takes a pay-cut in FA (which I doubt, so we'll see).

Well, he went to a loaded Miami squad, and then back to Cleveland once it had reloaded.  I've completely expected him to require Cleveland to mortgage its future and then bail when the window passed.  Guess it came up a little sooner than expected.

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2018, 08:17:08 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
LeBron is creating and leaking this crap to look less like a monster when he jumps ship again.  That's the whole story.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2018, 03:24:54 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
According to The Athletic's Jason Lloyd, "James cursed toward at least two team executives" during the late January team meeting in which some players questioned the legitimacy of Kevin Love's illness.

Cleveland has two executives?

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2018, 03:41:28 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Everything's all good now move along. Cavs traded a bunch of washed-up players for newer bloods and they showcased their first game together against a pathetic Celtics team at home with no sense of urgency.

A game that PP34 had to watch in front of him, felt bad.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2018, 06:03:19 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Old news. At least for now, their ship is righted.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2018, 06:33:13 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Im sure as Lebron experienced the fan appreciation Pierce got in Boston and had to think will I recieve the same one day even if I jump ship again.  Now my team is rebuilt .  The ball is in my court once again to perform , maybe be loyal ?  By winning and the Pierce day surely put confusion in Lebrons mind once again.

Then Lakers fans are on pin and needles whether he ll come if his team picks up too much.